Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Jacksonville Beach Blvd Sonic Weekly Meet

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 11:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by my bandit
damn i wanted to show off the work me and james are gonna do installing my headers... LT's+ORY+LM1=insanely loud
Thats what I run...really works great for those sunday drivers in the fast lane going slow as you go by WOT
Old 06-21-2011, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

Yes it's slow most of the time.

You can check out the site in my sig just local guys we hang out and cruise once a month. Kinda slow at times to.

Eric I think it's a FRC your talking about.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by D.T.R
just a place that sells performance parts on Blng Blvd, where people go hang out on saturdays, and then some people choose to race
That sounds pretty sweet, but I've never heard of it. maybe I'll have to get some cars together and ride out on sat and see whats hapening out there. What kinda crowd turns up there? must be a good location if some runs go down

Originally Posted by s25hanh
me and shawn might come pick up the slicks in his truck since they wont fit in my car. im sorry they have been sitting there taking up space for so long. im just going install my BMR PHR today because i still have to get (header bolts, spark plugs, manifold gaskets, o2 extensions, pb blaster, anti-seize) and i wanna go to bruce's house and do put the LT's in his garage because working out in the direct sunlight is
lol the kid who paid someone a couple grand to install full exhaust has tools?? lol figured he didnt have shat if hes willing to pay someon to do that.
And working in direct sunlight = . **** get so frusterating when sweat is dripping in your eyes
Old 06-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by skat
Yes it's slow most of the time.

You can check out the site in my sig just local guys we hang out and cruise once a month. Kinda slow at times to.

Eric I think it's a FRC your talking about.
Thats it. 100 lbs lighter and look better too i think
Old 06-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Staging Lane

Is there a Jacksonville chat on this forum?
Also, do you guys know of anyone selling a c5 z06 ?
If i'm not mistaken, duvalsoldier904 were you at Gear Head saturday night? I thought I saw the car in your avatar drive around a few times.
no my transmission has been down for about 2 weeks now the car hasnt moved from my driveway
Old 06-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ls2SilverBullet
That sounds pretty sweet, but I've never heard of it. maybe I'll have to get some cars together and ride out on sat and see whats hapening out there. What kinda crowd turns up there? must be a good location if some runs go down

lol the kid who paid someone a couple grand to install full exhaust has tools?? lol figured he didnt have shat if hes willing to pay someon to do that.
And working in direct sunlight = . **** get so frusterating when sweat is dripping in your eyes
Do you guys race? We always have a little group going. Sunday night we were on the westside racing (mostly digs) all night, til 3am lol
Originally Posted by duvalsoldier904
no my transmission has been down for about 2 weeks now the car hasnt moved from my driveway
I hear you man. Damn transmission... I've replaced several transmissions already... shearing gears... i'm going to build mine here soon.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Launching!

Do you guys race? We always have a little group going. Sunday night we were on the westside racing (mostly digs) all night, til 3am lol

Yeah, used to some but havnt for a while until this past thrus night. Where on the WS? Thats the area we were thrus.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Teching In

Yeah, used to some but havnt for a while until this past thrus night. Where on the WS? Thats the area we were thrus.
Thurs ? where at?
Do you know Eric with the grey GTO? Trent with the black GTO? His brother with the white T/A with blue rims? IDK maybe they're on here.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Launching!

Thurs ? where at?
Do you know Eric with the grey GTO? Trent with the black GTO? His brother with the white T/A with blue rims? IDK maybe they're on here.
Not sure about the gray one but i know the other 2. Black goat with black stock wheels, didnt know his name, but he was there. Me and him actually did a run when i left. And its out in op off new world ave
Old 06-21-2011, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Yup. The grey GTO is slightly quicker than the black one. He grey one is going to school in Orlando so he's only out to race here in jax on the weekends.

How did you do against the black GTO?

And yeah... that's where we were racing Sunday night
There were the 2 GTOs, a supercharged Mustang GT, a bolt on + gears + spray s2000, a supercharged s2000 and a built motor + 6262 turbo s2000 on e85... nice runs.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Launching!

Yup. The grey GTO is slightly quicker than the black one. He grey one is going to school in Orlando so he's only out to race here in jax on the weekends.

How did you do against the black GTO?

And yeah... that's where we were racing Sunday night
There were the 2 GTOs, a supercharged Mustang GT, a bolt on + gears + spray s2000, a supercharged s2000 and a built motor + 6262 turbo s2000 on e85... nice runs.
He jumped me pretty hard being m6, and got like 2 cars on me from 40 - 115-120ish. My alternator went out on that run tho, overspun or something. It was the stock one from 98 tho, so it gave me a reason to upgrade

Is there anything done to that gto other than a cam?

Thats a good turnout tho, some nice sounding cars.. When i was there it was a bunch of civic hatches and a couple stangs that didnt run, a lt1 ta, s2k, and some other bs, then the black gto and a nice 4th gen that was pretty quick looking came.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:58 PM
Teching In

He jumped me pretty hard being m6, and got like 2 cars on me from 40 - 115-120ish. My alternator went out on that run tho, overspun or something. It was the stock one from 98 tho, so it gave me a reason to upgrade

Is there anything done to that gto other than a cam?

Thats a good turnout tho, some nice sounding cars.. When i was there it was a bunch of civic hatches and a couple stangs that didnt run, a lt1 ta, s2k, and some other bs, then the black gto and a nice 4th gen that was pretty quick looking came.
not that i know of. Bolt ons and a cam. He recently went 12.2 @ 114 I want to say.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:26 PM
12 Second Club

haha no he has some tools. i would bring mine basically. he has a jack and stands which i still dont have what are you doing out in the sun?? oo yeah and what happened when your alternator overspun?
Old 06-21-2011, 02:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats it. 100 lbs lighter and look better too i think
the frcs were 99-00 then the z06 came in at 2001 with an ls6 but less hp than the 02-04. the frcs are strictly m6's also. ive done my research since i was gonna get one. but me and james are doing my lts on base so we can have a lift to work on instead of ramps and jackstands
Old 06-21-2011, 04:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Alright, no worky this weekend for me! I'm down for whatever Somebody pipe up a time and place
Old 06-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by s25hanh
haha no he has some tools. i would bring mine basically. he has a jack and stands which i still dont have what are you doing out in the sun?? oo yeah and what happened when your alternator overspun?
Nothing really, right at the end of the run before i started letting out i looked down and saw my check gauges light turn on and my voltage was just bearly below normal and pretty much stayed there the whole way home. When i got it tested it failed 1 of 3 thing they test for and you when the machine spun it without engine noise you could hear the bearing chattering and ****. So i upgraded to the 145 amp truck alternator.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Launching!

not that i know of. Bolt ons and a cam. He recently went 12.2 @ 114 I want to say.
Not bad, its a nice car.

What is it you bring out? The car in your sig?
Old 06-21-2011, 08:07 PM
12 Second Club

Nothing really, right at the end of the run before i started letting out i looked down and saw my check gauges light turn on and my voltage was just bearly below normal and pretty much stayed there the whole way home. When i got it tested it failed 1 of 3 thing they test for and you when the machine spun it without engine noise you could hear the bearing chattering and ****. So i upgraded to the 145 amp truck alternator.
ahh damnn. now whats your volts at?
Old 06-22-2011, 02:58 AM
On The Tree

D.T.R. that monte out sat night was sick huh! that car you thought was duvalsoldier904 was me and my buddy darin. his car. we were with the girls in the awesome tdi jetta.lol
Old 06-22-2011, 05:59 AM
Teching In

Not bad, its a nice car.

What is it you bring out? The car in your sig?
Usually YES. However I went with a whole new setup recently so I'm still working out a bug currently. Just a fuel issue
Hopefully I'll have a c5 z06 as a DD i can bring out to play from a dig. The Honda doesn't hook til like 80mph on drag radials lol ...
Originally Posted by f-body.cbct
D.T.R. that monte out sat night was sick huh! that car you thought was duvalsoldier904 was me and my buddy darin. his car. we were with the girls in the awesome tdi jetta.lol
I liked that Monte Carlo a lot (although, i'm sure from a roll is no where near as fast lol)... I saw the car run without spray and the difference is day and night. Eric with the grey GTO beat the monte carlo without spray. I'd like to see that monte carlo run deputy's truck if they haven't ran yet.

I thought there would be something fast to run my buddy with the white supra from a roll... but i guess there wasn't anything with top end lol

Quick Reply: Jacksonville Beach Blvd Sonic Weekly Meet