Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Lashway Motorsports review.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Lashway Motorsports review.

I recently had my 1999 Camaro Z28 vert worked on at Lashway. Here is a list of what all they did.

Removed my broke auto and installed a nice T56 in the car. This included all the work to place the MC on the firewall and all the wiring to make it work right. They installed all GM plugs and re-pinned the computer. If I hadnt told you that it used to be an auto car then you would have never known.
Installed a Pro 5.0 shifter.
Installed Spec 3 clutch.
Installed a Manual console.
Installed a LS6 intake
Installed a ported TB
Converted the cooling system under the intake to LS6 style. (without me even having to ask so that was pretty awesome.)
Full Dyno tune.

Needless to say, everything in the car performs flawlessly. The ONLY thing I had to do is bleed my system after a couple of weeks driving BUT keep in mind all the components were BONE dry when he did the swap so that is the nature of the beast and I didnt mind it one bit.

I pulled up the tune on HP tuners and had my friend who tunes cars look at it and there was nothing wrong with it. It was a nice smooth tune that wasnt too radical but gives lots of power which is exactly what I asked for.

The cleanliness of the shop was actually pretty good. You could tell that they had lots of projects going on but nothing in the shop was going to fall on any of the cars.

There were TONS of cars at the shop. You could tell that Eric and the team were extremely busy. To me this is a good sign because if other people go there then they obviously do something right lol. They do really good work and I can base this off of what I saw coming and leaving that shop. If you havent already, check out Project BackLASH. Its a sweet ride and its gonna haul *** for sure IF it holds together .

When you bring your car there to be worked on, they always place something on your fenders to protect it. I saw this over and over on all the cars there. When I got my car back there wasnt a single scratch from someones belt buckle on it which I was impressed by. Also, for all of his customers he details their car after the work is done. I didnt have time to take advantage of this but there were others there getting shined up.

The thing I was most impressed with is that after the work was done and I called him some time after, he knew exactly who I was and he knew all the ins and outs of my car. It was almost like he studied it from bumper to bumper. He called me by name and that is what I look for when I pay good money for a job. I dont want to be just another car and paycheck.

I waited a few weeks before writing this because I wanted to drive my car around and make sure there were no problems with it before I posted up on here. So far so good. I have faith in his work and would recommend him to you.

My experience at lashway was a great experience. Eric is super easy to work with and he knows his stuff when it comes to cars. His fabrication man is PHENOMENAL. You should see the things they are building in that shop. Props to him and props to Lashway as a team and a business. Nice job fellas and I look forward to doing business with you again.

Trey Axtell
Old 09-28-2011, 02:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had him roll the fenders in my car and order a ton of parts awhile back and he always took car of me and everyone else that ive talked too. I think at this point, unless they simply could not do or get a part or perform the work for whatever reason I would not go anywhere else. Im happy that another shop is getting going that is here for us and tries to help out as much as possible.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Restricted User

They are great guys over at Lashway. They are putting a 5.3L into my Raider along with a 228/228 cam. I wouldn't trust anyone else to work on my truck. Every project they have worked on has came out top notch. They are truely a one stop shop for anything and everything. If you are thinking about getting work done on your vehicle I would definitely bring it to Lashway.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:31 PM
FormerVendor

as always, thanks for the kind words. we will keep up the good work
Old 09-28-2011, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

another satisfied customer from lashway. nice
Old 09-28-2011, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

heard many good things, just to far away lol
Old 09-28-2011, 11:44 PM

they r in pompano off powerline and nw 18th st
Old 10-15-2014, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by armyboyatc
I recently had my 1999 Camaro Z28 vert worked on at Lashway. Here is a list of what all they did.

Removed my broke auto and installed a nice T56 in the car. This included all the work to place the MC on the firewall and all the wiring to make it work right. They installed all GM plugs and re-pinned the computer. If I hadnt told you that it used to be an auto car then you would have never known.
Installed a Pro 5.0 shifter.
Installed Spec 3 clutch.
Installed a Manual console.
Installed a LS6 intake
Installed a ported TB
Converted the cooling system under the intake to LS6 style. (without me even having to ask so that was pretty awesome.)
Full Dyno tune.

Needless to say, everything in the car performs flawlessly. The ONLY thing I had to do is bleed my system after a couple of weeks driving BUT keep in mind all the components were BONE dry when he did the swap so that is the nature of the beast and I didnt mind it one bit.

I pulled up the tune on HP tuners and had my friend who tunes cars look at it and there was nothing wrong with it. It was a nice smooth tune that wasnt too radical but gives lots of power which is exactly what I asked for.

The cleanliness of the shop was actually pretty good. You could tell that they had lots of projects going on but nothing in the shop was going to fall on any of the cars.

There were TONS of cars at the shop. You could tell that Eric and the team were extremely busy. To me this is a good sign because if other people go there then they obviously do something right lol. They do really good work and I can base this off of what I saw coming and leaving that shop. If you havent already, check out Project BackLASH. Its a sweet ride and its gonna haul *** for sure IF it holds together .

When you bring your car there to be worked on, they always place something on your fenders to protect it. I saw this over and over on all the cars there. When I got my car back there wasnt a single scratch from someones belt buckle on it which I was impressed by. Also, for all of his customers he details their car after the work is done. I didnt have time to take advantage of this but there were others there getting shined up.

The thing I was most impressed with is that after the work was done and I called him some time after, he knew exactly who I was and he knew all the ins and outs of my car. It was almost like he studied it from bumper to bumper. He called me by name and that is what I look for when I pay good money for a job. I dont want to be just another car and paycheck.

I waited a few weeks before writing this because I wanted to drive my car around and make sure there were no problems with it before I posted up on here. So far so good. I have faith in his work and would recommend him to you.

My experience at lashway was a great experience. Eric is super easy to work with and he knows his stuff when it comes to cars. His fabrication man is PHENOMENAL. You should see the things they are building in that shop. Props to him and props to Lashway as a team and a business. Nice job fellas and I look forward to doing business with you again.

Trey Axtell

Trey,

My experience with them was completely the opposite. I had a 06GTO which I had taken to them for bolt on installations and a dyno tune. their price was fair compared to the local competition and they were still in their original location.

Keep in mind that I am still very pissed off at them for everything that happened but I just want the online community to know about my experience with them.....

So I bought myself a vararam, sw catted headers and a 3 inch magnaflow catback. After shopping around for a tuner in the greater south fl area i decide to go to them. They had set up an appointment with me to bring in my car and all the parts i ordered. they asked me what my HP Goals were and offered me a cam install to help facilitate that goal. I at the time didn't like the idea of a cam so just opted for the intall and a tune hoping foolishly that my GTO was one of the few 400whp GTOs. It took them a weekend to do the install and the tune. (first problem )there was a hiccup in the install process because the headers that i ordered were for a 2004 gto not an 06 and the connection pipes just weren't going to fit. they had assured me over the phone that they could fit the pipes with a bit of work and that it would be fine. So I go to pick up my car Monday. ( second problem ) They told me that a miracle had happened, my GTO made 401/388 to the wheels with only bolt-ons. I was happy with the news and drove off with it.

Took it to the 1/4 mile to test it and I gained nothing from stock. I was convinced that it had to be me. Later a video on youtube showed up with my car on their dyno and it trapped less than what they had told me SAE corrected.

the car had some idle issues, I took it back to Josh he said that it was normal and not to worry.

the car had been running pig rich. so much to the point that driving around a day my car would have black soot all over the back. they told me that my car was perfectly fine and that I had nothing to worry about.

One day i decide to show off to my friends and I found Garage Yourself, a place where they rent out lifts and tools and even dyno sessions on their dyno dynamics dyno for weekend mechanics. i did one pull and almost had a heart attack! the car only pulled 325/340! I was warned that this dyno read lower than most but even the Todd the owner said that that was low for my car. So he printed out my pulls explained to me the AFR. my car WOT was at 11:1 and 13:1 at part throttle.

I took this information to Lashway. They said that it could not be and that they would call me back when they had time. Ever since then they never answered my phone calls again....

I learned how to tune after a couple of brushes with some wannabee tuners. Saw their tune and realized that they really didn't tune squat.

Problem 1: Once i started working on my own car I saw their header connection pipe work and it was a disaster. they had mixed and matched some pipes from other exhaust set ups lying around their shop with different diameter sizes and welded them all together. It was leaking all over

My advice after going through all this...

If your looking for a tuner, make sure that person has a University degree in Automotive/Mechanical Engineering and or any supporting field. Josh is nothing more than a druggie pothead who supposedly learned to tune from other guy. Beware...

Trey, not saying your friend is not qualified but, Look for an SAE member Tuner and get a second opinion to be safe (Greg Banish, Jeremy Formato are examples) or buy yourself a obd2 actron scanner and check your fuel trims (Live Data option(LTFT's) A quality tune on your car should oscilate between plus or minus 5
Old 10-15-2014, 11:52 AM
Staging Lane

if you dont mind me asking, how much did the conversion cost with the parts?
did they have the parts or did you to bring them?

Thanks
Old 10-16-2014, 07:59 AM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You're delusional if you think you need to find a tuner with a mechanical engineering degree. Thats maybe slightly more relevant to tuning a car then let's say.. A degree in molecular biology.

And you just found out why they call the dyno dynamics "the heartbreaker"
Old 10-16-2014, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with VCP. Well not that part where you need to be a rocket engineer to tune a car lol but everything else is right on the money.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:48 PM
TECH Resident

I'm not gona right a novel like VCP did, but I'll just say that while I have no personal experience with Lashway, I know multiple people who did business with them and weren't satisfied. Some with messed up tunes that they took elsewhere to have redone correctly, some saying they were repeatedly given the run-around about the status of their car, date of completion, ect, and one guy in particular who paid excess of 10k for a turbo build only to be plagued with problems. The entire set up was a fail and he had to have pretty much the entire thing redone at another shop, it's still not back up and running....

Personally I've never been to Lashway cause their prices are nuts in my opinion. Called a couple times to inquire about certain jobs and both times hung up the phone shocked at what they wanted to charge me for very simple jobs. Overall, even though they have a big successful operation going, I think they're a bit shady and not very trustworthy. Thus I choose to take my business elsewhere.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

In my experience their prices have been in the ballaprk of others. They tuned my cars for bolt ons a couple years back and I had no issues and the car ran great. However they do/did take forever on lots of simple jobs and I did have to pull my car from there due to them not working on it.

I have seen and heard enough that I wouldnt go back there, and they are no longer a sponsor here anyway. Maslic in boca was the one who employed josh and taught him to tune. He was and is one of the best tuners around and a helluva guy but he currently isnt doing tuning anymore as he has a book out for tuning that he promotes. South florida lost a great thing there imo.

Now if I had to take my car to be tuned I would be going to formato in tampa, efi alchemy in Jax or Geoff @ next level in orlando. I just had my car tuned there for a cam and bolt ons, Geoff can be a little hard to get a hold of but he is a one man band in his shop. He is a really nice guy though once you talk to him and will explain everything he's doing along the way, well respected over on the corvette forum and I cant say anything bad about him at this point.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Q8WS6
if you dont mind me asking, how much did the conversion cost with the parts?
did they have the parts or did you to bring them?

Thanks
No i brought in the parts, it turns out that the header connection pipes to the catback were for an ls1 04 gto. They had informed me of this but assured me that they could remedy it in shop. So i took their word for it and let them go ahead and fab it up. If i woukd have known how disgustingly bad it was gonna turn out I would have just sent back the wrong parts and waited for the right pipes.

Quick Reply: Lashway Motorsports review.