Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Any LS1Tech members near McDill AFB?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cookba
Where is this car scene? U have lived in Northern Tampa for a few months and besides the occasional Fisker or Ferrari all i see driving around are beat up 4th gens or even worse a donked one.
I hope you are lying Cookba lol. Either way its not the scene I care about its the people you can crack a beer with and swear when the damn crank pulley bolt just won't come off despite the 5' breaker bar.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cookba
Where is this car scene? U have lived in Northern Tampa for a few months and besides the occasional Fisker or Ferrari all i see driving around are beat up 4th gens or even worse a donked one.
Wow bro lol. Go on mafiamotorsports.com for some local stuff. You'll find more trouble than you need. We would meet usually around st.pete/clearwater and ride 30-40 deep. Badass ****, not shitboxes. Trust me, there is a HUGE car scene around. You can almost make a living off weekend grudge racing.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TransAmcoupe98
I dnt think ive met you before bro. You work @ Macdill?
Worked there for 8 years. Used to be in Bldg 55 until they finished the Vince. Deployed every year for at least 4 months of the year.

Worked J2 Systems. I actually just left 3 months ago and now work at TechData in Clearwater.

I'm also on mafia lol but mostly hang on the Vette forum or this one lately.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by pimpjames
Worked there for 8 years. Used to be in Bldg 55 until they finished the Vince. Deployed every year for at least 4 months of the year.

Worked J2 Systems. I actually just left 3 months ago and now work at TechData in Clearwater.

I'm also on mafia lol but mostly hang on the Vette forum or this one lately.
Ok I worked in 540 for a while...I need to get a civilian job with those guys. So hard though
Old 07-11-2012, 06:58 AM
On The Tree

What did you do over there? J6 or Analyst? I have a few hookups if your a IT guy.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by pimpjames
What did you do over there? J6 or Analyst? I have a few hookups if your a IT guy.
PM sent
Old 07-11-2012, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Talking

Caleb, Pimp is on point so we both may benefit from his IT input. You may want to speak with Cookba as well. I think I may like Tampa after all, a lot of good people and all willing to help, simply because they can. I may break out the good beer after all
Old 07-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Live in Riverview but work on Macdill...

James, was your car at 360 Customs being worked on by Mike?? There was a TT C5 there that ended up taking everything off for a H/C setup...
Old 07-11-2012, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ricedisposal
Live in Riverview but work on Macdill...

James, was your car at 360 Customs being worked on by Mike?? There was a TT C5 there that ended up taking everything off for a H/C setup...
Haven't heard of that shop before but its been to a few in Tampa:
RevExtreme
Driven Concepts (Before they went AWOL)
and Antivenom

Def. Wouldn't give the Turbo's up for a H/C swap though even if they needed rebuilding.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Yeah I know.. I wouldn't either but I guess the guy that had the car had soooo many issues with the turbos that said eff it all together and went with a H/C... Different strokes for different folks I guess!

What kind of numbers you putting down??
Old 07-12-2012, 06:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ricedisposal
Yeah I know.. I wouldn't either but I guess the guy that had the car had soooo many issues with the turbos that said eff it all together and went with a H/C... Different strokes for different folks I guess!

What kind of numbers you putting down??
Forgive my ignorance but what's an H/C setup?
Old 07-12-2012, 09:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

big car scene, but like most things in Florida in the summer, outdoor activities take a back seat other than beach, boating, fishing, etc. Lots of fast cars. My car is a very streetable 9 second combo and i am no where near top dog for street cars.

H/C = heads and cam package.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by kainedogg
How do you like it so far bro? I do have an HOA but I plan to work on my cars in the garage and keep the running ones in the driveway. Thats why I opted for a 3 car so I could store some of my crap.
3 car garage is small here in FL cause you dont have the basements like up north. so my 3rd stall has a pile of junk i.e. tools spare parts bicycles etc. The only real BS the HOA came down on me for was my mail box post needed repaint. So far aint too bad I just came back from a TDY today.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
big car scene, but like most things in Florida in the summer, outdoor activities take a back seat other than beach, boating, fishing, etc. Lots of fast cars. My car is a very streetable 9 second combo and i am no where near top dog for street cars.

H/C = heads and cam package.
Well if you want to share the secret to a streetable 9 sec car or truck, consider me a willing, beer swilling acolyte brother
Old 07-12-2012, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hawaiiboysz
3 car garage is small here in FL cause you dont have the basements like up north. so my 3rd stall has a pile of junk i.e. tools spare parts bicycles etc. The only real BS the HOA came down on me for was my mail box post needed repaint. So far aint too bad I just came back from a TDY today.
Well come back brother. I think as soon as my wife gets settled, she may be sent to Qatar. In the meantime I can focus on all these LS pipe dreams.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well if you want to share the secret to a streetable 9 sec car or truck, consider me a willing, beer swilling acolyte brother
its easy, look to my signature. or you could read up in the drag racing forum. these cars can make incredible power so easily.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will get to perusing then. You wouldn't happen to know how to know how to weld eh?
Old 07-12-2012, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

liked
Old 07-13-2012, 06:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hawaiiboysz
I have not signed a lease yet (agent playing hardball with wanting to be the payee on a water damage claim) so if anyone knows of a nice place with a pool and plenty of driveway\garage space, sign me up.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Forgive my ignorance but what's an H/C setup?
Heads/Cam

Quick Reply: Any LS1Tech members near McDill AFB?