Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Any LS1Tech members near McDill AFB?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool Any LS1Tech members near McDill AFB?

Leaving Shaw AFB, at the end of the month and headed to McDill AFB. Sumter really did not have that many gear-heads or shops so progress with my swaps, morale and motivation suffered. Hoping to link up with a few good guys in the Tampa area so I can learn and complete(stock tune) my projects before my next PCS move. Ex-vet ...and military spouse (yes I am a dude lol) so I don't have a job yet (Let me know who needs a System Admin in the IT world), but all are welcome to turn some wrenches while downing back a limited supply of Stella Artois and limitless Bud lite
Old 07-05-2012, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you'll love it here in Tampa.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hope so, been meaning to get my projects done so now I have a place with an LS culture to turn to. Is that your C6 and Gen 4 Camaro?
Old 07-06-2012, 09:25 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

We are in the Tampa area and the car scene in this area is still going pretty strong. There are quite a few shops and good tuners in the area that should be able to help you out with anything you need. Coming to Tampa from Sumter will be a big change of pace for you.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:35 AM
On The Tree

I've been stationed at Macdill for a little almost three and a half years now. There are some really nice areas, but if you aren't already, be prepared for a hoa in almost every subdivision. I don't drive my T/A anymore, as it's been sleeping since I bought my new DD, a Lightning, but we still have the GTO as our family car. I'm always willing to share my very limited time helping others, especially on cars. I'm out in the Brandon/Valrico area. Welcome to Tampa, I hope you enjoy it here.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys. I found a 3 car garage spot in Riverview so both C10 and Lemans will be in the garage...appreciate any help I can get especially in the welding department. Been saving for a year to get a mig\plasma combo for basic welding projects. Maybe even take a community college class or two, while I job hunt.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm at macdill been here since 09'. I'm finally bringing my car down here cause inlaws want it out. Hope you don't have a hoa. But minue has been pretty nice so far they haven't said anything about my beat to hell 78' ford crew cab in the drive. I have a 220 mig.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

How do you like it so far bro? I do have an HOA but I plan to work on my cars in the garage and keep the running ones in the driveway. Thats why I opted for a 3 car so I could store some of my crap.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive been at Macdill for 6 years...although this is my 5th deployment in those years. Im finished when I return from this tour next month. Tampa is paradise...and there is some fast **** running around. REALLY fast ****.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:03 AM
On The Tree

Checking in, You already know my story lol
Old 07-10-2012, 06:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by pimpjames
I dnt think ive met you before bro. You work @ Macdill?
Old 07-10-2012, 07:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pimpjames
Shoot me your number via PM James and thanks for the hook-up with Skybridge.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TransAmcoupe98
Ive been at Macdill for 6 years...although this is my 5th deployment in those years. Im finished when I return from this tour next month. Tampa is paradise...and there is some fast **** running around. REALLY fast ****.
Are you at Centcom? 5th Deployment in 6 years...ouch. You are doing big things brother. I look forward to seeing what Tampa has to offer. Now you said its a paradise...why? Don't say Ybor City...I am married...but I can look
Old 07-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Banned

Ybor city is for youninz and thugs. I go to Hyde Park, Channelside or Clearwater. I am SOCOM now.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ahhh, really. I thought the restaurants were awesome and I figured being the former Cigar Capital of the world it would have many historic sites. Looks like an indepth recon is in my future. Now do you have any swaps or projects on the burner or do these deployments have you on the run?
Old 07-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kainedogg
Ahhh, really. I thought the restaurants were awesome and I figured being the former Cigar Capital of the world it would have many historic sites. Looks like an indepth recon is in my future. Now do you have any swaps or projects on the burner or do these deployments have you on the run?
Well my job has kinda changed directions lol. My deployments are usually, "Do you want this assignment or pass". I don't normally turn them down. This one has been particularly interesting to say the least. I usually deploy, build car, return...deploy again, build car more, return. Endless cycle.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

I see, so basically I should befriend you and it would go something like this prior to your deployment, "Bro, we both know you want the bigger and better part, let me take it off your hands so you can allocate the funds towards said bigger and better part," lol. I am going to check out your build thread. How is the tuning scene down there. I hated South Carolina, and miss Atlanta.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kainedogg
I see, so basically I should befriend you and it would go something like this prior to your deployment, "Bro, we both know you want the bigger and better part, let me take it off your hands so you can allocate the funds towards said bigger and better part," lol. I am going to check out your build thread. How is the tuning scene down there. I hated South Carolina, and miss Atlanta.
Dude, tuning everywhere and some of the best. Jeremy Formato is a legend in the LSx world, he's here. Phil (tampa tuning) is great, and there are a ridiculous number of independent tuners around. Tampa has one of the best car scenes in the southeast IMO.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

I did talk to Phil and he seems like a great guy. Promised I would take my cammed and unpleasant to drive C5 to him to see what we can do....after I fix my O2 sensor and converter issues.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Banned

Where is this car scene? U have lived in Northern Tampa for a few months and besides the occasional Fisker or Ferrari all i see driving around are beat up 4th gens or even worse a donked one.

Quick Reply: Any LS1Tech members near McDill AFB?