Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

New to the Area - Cape Canaveral

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012 | 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

No mine has a r blocked 331 with meth,Vortech Mondo,aftercooler blah blah. Looks stock though and that is why it flys through tech till I do a run in it ...

Where is other track besides OSW if it closes?
Old 10-29-2012 | 11:01 AM
Teching In

osw is not going to colse but the next track is palm beach international raceway it is a sumer nice trackbut its like 2 hrs away
Old 10-29-2012 | 11:09 AM
Teching In

thay have a super nice road course also
Old 10-29-2012 | 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

I have raced at that track. Loved racing people on those long straights back to 95 too
Old 10-29-2012 | 07:03 PM
Teching In

yea thats ture
Old 10-29-2012 | 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Unless someone comes in and takes over the lease OSW will be closed as of dec 31 per the owner so why you guys argue the point I don't know. Other then that West Palm or Gainesville are the only quarter mile tracks unless you want to drive to Bradenton.
Old 10-29-2012 | 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by edrex
yea it was i got it as a roller and me and my buddy put a 60k ls1 and a nice th350 with a 3800 stall and a few more bolt on's
That's funny I tried to buy it complete but he told me the body was spoken for and he wouldn't go back on the deal. You got lucky it was almost my project car but I'm glad it went to someone that's doing it justice.
Old 10-29-2012 | 11:33 PM
Teching In

yea its a good car its almost done
Old 10-30-2012 | 11:36 AM
Launching!

did you get the car to fire, or the computer re-tuned?
Old 10-30-2012 | 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Let me know if you need a dash pad i have one in mint condition and it's still soft.
Old 10-30-2012 | 07:22 PM
Teching In

we got the computer re-tuned but we did not start it yet
Old 10-30-2012 | 07:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by firebird99
Let me know if you need a dash pad i have one in mint condition and it's still soft.
i do need one mine has some cracks
Old 11-07-2012 | 04:08 PM
TECH Resident

Went to that meet on Merritt Island last week, a few cars showed up. Couple of F-bodies and a truck with a 6.0 in it. I'll probably go again once I have my cars down here in Dec.
Old 11-07-2012 | 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by xXSilencerXx
Went to that meet on Merritt Island last week, a few cars showed up. Couple of F-bodies and a truck with a 6.0 in it. I'll probably go again once I have my cars down here in Dec.
This was the ricer fest for many years. Just a FYI.
Old 11-08-2012 | 08:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CGMLS3
This was the ricer fest for many years. Just a FYI.
Yea I could tell that's probably what mostly shows up, but it's not much different than where I came from. I'm usually one of the 2-3 domestics that show up back home.

Is there any better gatherings around? I haven't seen much posted, I either find old classic car shows, or ricer meets. Never seem to find any guys with domestics that come out.
Old 11-17-2012 | 05:35 PM
Staging Lane

SILENCER! OMG - haven't seen you in a couple of years, maybe the 2008 or 2009 Ride for Pride. I live just a few minutes from Patrick on southern Merritt Island. My buddy Mike Morris (who's posting on this thread) just moved from Maryland down here with me. I missed all my old car buddies, so I guess God (or in your case, Uncle Sam) is moving them all down here with me, lol! I miss Dave Kitchen, Corey, Cyndy, Bo, all the old F-BodyHideout crew.

Would love to get together and say hello. I just opened a pottery studio at the Merritt Square Mall, moved here last year and opened one at The Avenues Viera, so I don't have a lot of time on my hands, but would love to make some time for you.

BTW -- I still have the purple '87 Z28, the gold T/A vert and the '00 black T/A -- the red T/A vert is still in Maryland. Purple Z got a new heart a while back - 383 stroker....track days are in our future.

Call or text us -- cell, 301-674-6894.

Laurie
Old 11-18-2012 | 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

Hey Mike (xxSilencerxx) -- looked at some old pics, were you in the 2006 Memorial Day parade in DC? Thought I saw your car about five rows back from the lead.

I've been to the meet on Tuesdays at the WalMart parking lot in Viera...couldn't get anyone to talk to me. Guess it's because I'm a little older and a little more female than most of the people there with cars. I'll try the old Toys R Us parking lot -- I think I know where that is.
Old 11-19-2012 | 09:14 AM

I know what you mean about feeling lonely in a crowd.
I went to a couple of those Brevard Motorsports meets
in Melbourne and it was all ricer kids talking about the
ball bearing turbos they would never come up with the
cash for. The old Doubles meet used to be somewhat
better, an older crowd for sure and more "modern
muscle" among the classics.

But really standing around in a parking lot, sober, is
not my favorite way to kill time. I'd rather be in my own
garage.
Old 11-20-2012 | 07:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FordGirlGoneBad
SILENCER! OMG - haven't seen you in a couple of years, maybe the 2008 or 2009 Ride for Pride. I live just a few minutes from Patrick on southern Merritt Island. My buddy Mike Morris (who's posting on this thread) just moved from Maryland down here with me. I missed all my old car buddies, so I guess God (or in your case, Uncle Sam) is moving them all down here with me, lol! I miss Dave Kitchen, Corey, Cyndy, Bo, all the old F-BodyHideout crew.

Would love to get together and say hello. I just opened a pottery studio at the Merritt Square Mall, moved here last year and opened one at The Avenues Viera, so I don't have a lot of time on my hands, but would love to make some time for you.

BTW -- I still have the purple '87 Z28, the gold T/A vert and the '00 black T/A -- the red T/A vert is still in Maryland. Purple Z got a new heart a while back - 383 stroker....track days are in our future.

Call or text us -- cell, 301-674-6894.

Laurie

Wow, small world! I'm out of town for a few weeks right now visiting family. I'll shoot you a text or something when I get back and see about meeting up. Good to hear the cars are running good! I'm looking to see if there is any autocross groups down here, but I'm always down to make a trip to the drag strip.

Originally Posted by FordGirlGoneBad
Hey Mike (xxSilencerxx) -- looked at some old pics, were you in the 2006 Memorial Day parade in DC? Thought I saw your car about five rows back from the lead.

I've been to the meet on Tuesdays at the WalMart parking lot in Viera...couldn't get anyone to talk to me. Guess it's because I'm a little older and a little more female than most of the people there with cars. I'll try the old Toys R Us parking lot -- I think I know where that is.
I honestly don't remember the first year I did the parade anymore, I've been to so many of them I've lost count.

I haven't been to Viera yet, and the Toy's R Us meet was ok. Good way to meet some new people if you've got nothing better to do. It was a lot of younger people down there the one time I went, but the few LSx cars that showed up were driven by chill people.

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
I know what you mean about feeling lonely in a crowd.
I went to a couple of those Brevard Motorsports meets
in Melbourne and it was all ricer kids talking about the
ball bearing turbos they would never come up with the
cash for. The old Doubles meet used to be somewhat
better, an older crowd for sure and more "modern
muscle" among the classics.

But really standing around in a parking lot, sober, is
not my favorite way to kill time. I'd rather be in my own
garage.
Haha I guess I'm used to being that crowd from having the TA since high school and always struggling for mod money until now.
Old 11-26-2012 | 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

Can't wait -- make sure to remember to get in touch when you make it back to town. (BTW, this is Laurie -- logged in as Mike, lol!)

Quick Reply: New to the Area - Cape Canaveral