Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Help needed in Tampa area!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 05:47 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like your chasing a lot of little electrical problem. If clean off and grind down your electrical connections one by one.

What modifications are on the car?

Phil
Old 09-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning
sounds like your chasing a lot of little electrical problem. If clean off and grind down your electrical connections one by one.

What modifications are on the car?

Phil
Hey Phil

All that I know of for mods are-

-SLP Intake
-SLP Long Tube Headers
-Magnaflow Catback (minus the cats)

It's a WS6 6 spd with the Ram Air hood. The guy I got it from said it was tuned, but I can't prove it? When I put in the new starter this weekend I am going to fix the front turning signals (new lenses, bulbs and sockets). Then the next project is figuring out why the gas gauge doesn't work- that's getting old lol And paint the front bumper, that's embarrassing I'm hoping the electrical problems are sorted out, will know if it starts every time after Saturday!!!

Scott
Old 09-25-2013, 06:33 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02PewterTTop
Hey Phil

All that I know of for mods are-

-SLP Intake
-SLP Long Tube Headers
-Magnaflow Catback (minus the cats)

It's a WS6 6 spd with the Ram Air hood. The guy I got it from said it was tuned, but I can't prove it? When I put in the new starter this weekend I am going to fix the front turning signals (new lenses, bulbs and sockets). Then the next project is figuring out why the gas gauge doesn't work- that's getting old lol And paint the front bumper, that's embarrassing I'm hoping the electrical problems are sorted out, will know if it starts every time after Saturday!!!

Scott
Might want to consider disabling the DRL's. They overheat the lenses, leak water, then pop the bulbs. Lots of threads in here about the process.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:47 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2000 TAWS6
Might want to consider disabling the DRL's. They overheat the lenses, leak water, then pop the bulbs. Lots of threads in here about the process.
I had thought about that- if it's do-able it's done!

Scott
Old 10-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Exclamation READ!!! Good info here!

*****UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!*****

This is a little important! The mini starter I got off ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS1-LS2-LS3-...-/370735060483

WILL bolt up to an LS1, but WILL NOT engage with the flywheel!!! On my 2002 T/A 6 spd anyway. I got everything all mounted and pretty, turned the key and all I got was "THUNK". The pinion(?) gear comes out and hits the flywheel Thought I would spare other people the headache lol. I then went to Advance Auto and got a high torque starter (new- lifetime warranty) for a 2000-2005 Silverado/Tahoe/Yukon with the 6.0L and that works perfectly I did have to get new starter bolts (GM part #11610787) but that was an easy one- shout out to AutoNation Chevy in Clearwater!!! They have had every part IN STOCK I have needed!

All that said, I now have a high torque mini starter I can no longer use! If you know of someone that might be interested please let me know! I can't send it back, but I would like to try and recoup a little of what I spent on it? I tried it three times, and three THUNKs. That's the extent of its use!!!

I also sanded the crap out of my front bumper and repainted it- two coats of primer and 5 cans of BGM0490 Pewter Metallic touch up paint lol Tried to clear coat it but it's too rough- have to sand it down with 1000-2000 grit and then coat it. Looks waaaaay better, not pro quality but it will do for now And I now have front turning signals- got these off ebay too:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/98-02-PONTIA...-/141038572230

Fair price, excellent quality, great seller. One thing though- one of the mounting holes isn't drilled deep enough and I ended up snapping off the mounting screw on one trying to tighten it down. Have to fix that someday...

On a side note, I am FULLY convinced this car was in a front end collision! And if I ever come across the DUMBASS that hob-cobbled the front back together I will have a few things to say to him...

Got many other little things to take care of, but at least it's reliable again! Hope some of this helps someone someday

Scott
Old 10-03-2013, 09:53 AM
Staging Lane

Scott,
Hey! I am having my own issues with my Ls1, but would be more than happy to try and help you with your problems with your car. I am in the Tampa Bay area and will send my contact info via PM. Feel free to call, and hopefully I can help out.

Quick Reply: Help needed in Tampa area!!!