Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Turbo kit installers.....Southeast Florida......who???

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 06:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,747 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Frost sells the dual pcm, but not required for what you want to do with it. What youre talkiny about basically ties ground to a specific pcm pin and sets a 2 step Rev limiter in a custom operating system. The other easy option that wouldn't require a tune would be to physically install a 2 step Rev limiter, lingenfelter or msd etc, and wire it so it's powered through ignition and defaults to on until you flip a toggle switch that simply open circuits it.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:23 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ddnspider
Frost sells the dual pcm, but not required for what you want to do with it. What youre talkiny about basically ties ground to a specific pcm pin and sets a 2 step Rev limiter in a custom operating system. The other easy option that wouldn't require a tune would be to physically install a 2 step Rev limiter, lingenfelter or msd etc, and wire it so it's powered through ignition and defaults to on until you flip a toggle switch that simply open circuits it.
I can fly a Boeing 747 around the world and find an airport after 15 hours of flying in bad weather that would scare the daylights out of anyone and then land with zero visibility and zero ceiling, deal with bird strikes, engine failures, engine failures, electrical problems, onboard fires, unruly passengers, and landing gear that doesn't want to come down.......

But I have no clue what you just said......LOL

I'll gladly pay you to do it for me if I go to Rick for my install. Or whenever, whoever does it, I'll drive to you some time to have it done......

I'm not to good with electrically wiring things like that into the car.

Old 01-10-2016, 03:49 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ddnspider
If thats also the case......maybe I can have the tuner install two tunes.
One for full time E85....and another tune for running on 93 octane. This way if I ever get stuck having to use just 93 octane it will run good and be tuned for the 93.

Then use your idea for the 1,800rpm max hidden switch.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi LS6427 I noticed in your comments and sig your car is a 98 and you either have converted it to a 99 computer or are doing it with the upgrades? If it is the later I would suggest doing that conversion 1st and get those gremlins worked out. I have done this conversion on a 98 corvette wiring harness (which is a little more involved than the 98 Camaro, but if you read the threads about this there are some gotcha's in doing the Camaro harness).

Quick Reply: Turbo kit installers.....Southeast Florida......who???