Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Turbo kit installers.....Southeast Florida......who???

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 08:02 AM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Turbo kit installers.....Southeast Florida......who???

What shops would you guys recommend to do a full single-turbo kit w/FMIC. Also to change the Kmember to a BMR turbo Kmember.

Its a Huron Speed V2 T4 A/C kit.....S484 ETR turbo. In my 1998 WS6 with 390ci iron block. Car in my sig.....

I already know about:
Redline (Howard Tanner)
and
Lashway

Any others that you would trust with your car...?

Lauderdale, Miami...anywhere down here.

Thanks...

Old 01-07-2016, 02:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,747 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Its a bit of a drive, but if you want it done right Rick Crain in Melbourne.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What about Lashway?
Old 01-07-2016, 07:39 PM
10 Second Club

Hell to the no, run far away.
Old 01-07-2016, 08:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow really? guess i havent read up on the negative reviews from them lately.

If you want to come up to central FL, we have a few good shops! FSP, PowerTech, CHenry .......
Old 01-08-2016, 01:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ddnspider
Hell to the no, run far away.
Couldn't have said it any better. Right to the point. They shouldn't even be an option lol
Old 01-08-2016, 12:27 PM
Launching!

+1 to Rick Crane he is awesome does turbos to hybrid LS stuff.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:49 PM
Banned

Lashway installed my 390ci motor....and Josh attempted to dyno tune it.

....the tune that Josh did wasn't good. 90-100 miles per full tank of gas. I was able to reach Josh a couple days after I picked up the car about a "running hot" issue. I didn't realize it had horrible gas mileage just yet.

I told him he forgot to install the front black plastic air deflector thats mounted in front of the condensor. They left it in the back hatchback area of my car. Engine was running a little hot. He said they always leave those out when they do an install. I told him its an important part of the air dam-deflector-shroud and fans all working together for max air flow. He said basically...you don't need it.
I took my radiator out about 2 weeks later to install a new one because of a cracked tank that was about to spring a leak soon. I went ahead, of course, and put the deflector back in......my "running hot" issue 100% disappeared.

Then later I tried calling him about the gas mileage problem, maybe within 2-3 weeks when I realized something was wrong. He answered the phone and we spoke about the tune. He said the tune was fine when the car left. So I guess the PCM forgot the tune one day.....He told me that I should first run new wires from the PCM to the 02 sensors because when you do an engine R&R sometimes they get damaged....well then that means they installed them improperly OR failed to tell me the wires looked bad and should be replaced DURING the install. I checked all the wiring and they were rock solid. I called again to tell him the 02 sensor wiring and wiring harness all checked out good. He said to go buy a new PCM....LOL
I called for two weeks straight. I never got a reply again.....not email, phone call or text message.

Erik replied a few times and said he would have Josh call me back....never heard from Josh.

A friend of mine looked at the tune and said the fuel trims or something was way off. He fixed them. First full tank of gas....230 miles.

Erik was a good guy....ran a good shop. Seemed real involved with everything. The tune was a joke though and Josh had no interest in even trying to look into it.

So there's no way I want to give a potentially 1,300 RWHP turbo car to Josh for tuning again. Erik...I would let him install the kit for sure.

Old 01-08-2016, 12:53 PM
Banned

Its a bit of a drive, but if you want it done right Rick Crain in Melbourne.
Any chance you have an email address for him....or a website...? I searched and didn't see anything.

I have a hard time making calls where I am right now....Middle East.....I'll be here for a couple more months and I really want to set up this install as soon as I get back to Lauderdale.

Thanks...

Old 01-08-2016, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

I don't know if Lashway has stepped up their game recently but a couple years ago I saw a turbo build on a G8 by them that was complete and utter disaster... $12k spent and had to be entirely redone at another shop. In the past 6 months or so I've been seeing a lot of positive things about them though so maybe they got some new techs that know what they're doing and possibly stepped up their customer service as well.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

My car ran like complete garbage when they tuned it. There reply was "I don't know how to drive" lmao they stold parts off my car. I had pics to prove it. Stuff falling off. There both a joke. Had they been more north they be out of business already. All the rich people that don't know any better are keeping them around. You want your car in a magazine that they pay to be in they are the people to see. You want a car that performs well look else where.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by badformulaLS1
I don't know if Lashway has stepped up their game recently but a couple years ago I saw a turbo build on a G8 by them that was complete and utter disaster... $12k spent and had to be entirely redone at another shop. In the past 6 months or so I've been seeing a lot of positive things about them though so maybe they got some new techs that know what they're doing and possibly stepped up their customer service as well.
Huh.....maybe I'll try to message Erik and see whats up.

Have to have a binding contract I guess. Car comes back 100% perfect, everything works, with a 30 day parts and labor warranty. And I use my own tuner that I will airline in from somewhere if I have to.....lol

Old 01-08-2016, 01:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6
My car ran like complete garbage when they tuned it. There reply was "I don't know how to drive" lmao they stold parts off my car. I had pics to prove it. Stuff falling off. There both a joke. Had they been more north they be out of business already. All the rich people that don't know any better are keeping them around. You want your car in a magazine that they pay to be in they are the people to see. You want a car that performs well look else where.
The magazine article Lashway did with his Blue Z06.....that was all shot in the hangar I kept our Learjet in.....I set all that up for Erik. They came out and took pictures and video for about 5 hours.

I think it made Corvette magazine.

Old 01-08-2016, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS6427
The magazine article Lashway did with his Blue Z06.....that was all shot in the hangar I kept our Learjet in.....I set all that up for Erik. They came out and took pictures and video for about 5 hours.

I think it made Corvette magazine.

That's cool. I don't judge a shop based on what mags there in. There are tons of top shops that never seen a mag ever and will never bc they don't care for that sort of stuff.

I got that new tech run around bs as well. Everytime I cought there BS they blamed there techs. Even in the new building. How many times can you blame them when your the one that's hiring them and looking over the work they do. Plus the tech ain't the ones tuning lol

If I was you. Trailer your car to the people that these guys are recommending. Put the car in the hands that are worth the money you work hard for.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:42 PM
Banned

That's cool. I don't judge a shop based on what mags there in. There are tons of top shops that never seen a mag ever and will never bc they don't care for that sort of stuff.

I got that new tech run around bs as well. Everytime I cought there BS they blamed there techs. Even in the new building. How many times can you blame them when your the one that's hiring them and looking over the work they do. Plus the tech ain't the ones tuning lol

If I was you. Trailer your car to the people that these guys are recommending. Put the car in the hands that are worth the money you work hard for.
Yea...I hear ya. I just found Rick Cranes phone number. I just texted him and he replied already with his email so I can chat with him easier since I'm in the Middle East right now.

I'll see what he says. It would be nice to have it done locally so I can be there a little bit, or maybe for all of it. It only takes about 12 hours to install.

But you're right....this type of build needs to be done right. Actually my car is running perfectly with the 390ci.....so I can just drive it up to him and get as rental car back home.

Old 01-08-2016, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's good to hear. Hope everything works out for you.

Reason I said trailer bc it was a 3hr drive from melbourne to lashway (Rick is like 10-15mins from me). So renting a trailer only cost me like 60 bucks. It was worth the $60 over paying for fuel and wear and tear on the car.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Banned

That's good to hear. Hope everything works out for you.

Reason I said trailer bc it was a 3hr drive from melbourne to lashway (Rick is like 10-15mins from me). So renting a trailer only cost me like 60 bucks. It was worth the $60 over paying for fuel and wear and tear on the car.
Gotcha....I'll probably make a trip of it, go party with some old friends from college in Daytona while I'm at it. If Rick can possibly do the entire install in 3-4 days I can pick it up and drive it home.

Who is around that area for a real good dyno tune for a high HP turbo set-up?

Who has a chassis dyno in Melbourne?

If nobody does...I will probably trailer it to Tampo so Jeremy Formato can tune it.

Last edited by LS6427; 01-08-2016 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know trick pro in Palm bay has a dyno. I wouldn't have him tune my car but he maybe willing to rent his dyno out to you. Not sure who else does off hand.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:44 PM
10 Second Club

Depending on your setup and goals I may be able to make some time available to tune it, but I only street tune. From what I've seen dyno to the street is not apples to apples so I only street tune mostly foe friends in my spare time. Tuned my cars in sig as well as other boosted and na setups. I'm also about 15min from Rick shop and am there fairly often either for work or friends cars or hang out.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:13 PM
Banned

Depending on your setup and goals I may be able to make some time available to tune it, but I only street tune. From what I've seen dyno to the street is not apples to apples so I only street tune mostly foe friends in my spare time. Tuned my cars in sig as well as other boosted and na setups. I'm also about 15min from Rick shop and am there fairly often either for work or friends cars or hang out.
I'll keep you in mind.....

Well according to Huron Speed and JZ at Forced Inductions who is going to build me a custom S484 ETR turbo.....it will make 1,300 RWHP, maybe more. I want a safe tune, if there is such a thing with 1,300 RWHP. I don't need to squeeze every single ounce of power out of it. It will be full time E85 and maybe a Meth kit.

Can you also do these Dual Tunes in one PCM? I will upgrade to the (99-02) 0411 PCM. I want to have my normal tune. Then another tune that will only allow the car to rev up to 1,800rpm. Make it hard to steal if they try to drive off with it, and if they do they won't hurt anything or wrap it around a pole.....and unfortunately in Miami and Lauderdale I have to valet at certain places or nice residences where only valet parking is available....so no chance of them joyriding it.

I'm told it can be done with the flip of a hidden mini-toggle switch. You turn the engine and power off, flip the switch, start it back up. Done.

Jeremy Formato said he can do it...but I would have to have HPTuners with me to do it through that tuning device. I like the mini-toggle switch idea.

Someone also makes a PCM that has dual tuning capability. I could buy that instead, still considering it.

Quick Reply: Turbo kit installers.....Southeast Florida......who???