Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Orlando Area Hangout/Street Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bronopain, did you go to the corner on Saturday?
Old 01-11-2005, 05:03 PM
10 Second Club

If you're gonna go to the corner bring your own friends, cause like already said nobody is friendly or sociable. You just basically stand around looking at people. I personally think that spot is ghey, I'll only go if my friends showup ie, Caveman, Richie, etc.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 5POINT7
Bronopain, did you go to the corner on Saturday?
Hey 5Point7 i did end up going on saturday and like GOTMESOME said i did end up standing around for alittle, then i ran into Richie Carbone and i didnt realize who he was till i got home. He is a cool guy we didnt talk alot but i hope on going out there more often, its nice to see all of those F-Bodys out there.
Richie if you dont remember me i am Henry Sordia, thanks alot for your offer on your deck lid wing but i like the setup you got and i might end up going with the SS wing thanks any way Richie
Old 01-11-2005, 07:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fuelslut has come to Tampa and I thought they were pretty cool??
Old 01-11-2005, 08:10 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
If you're gonna go to the corner bring your own friends, cause like already said nobody is friendly or sociable. You just basically stand around looking at people. I personally think that spot is ghey, I'll only go if my friends showup ie, Caveman, Richie, etc.
Actually there was some people that dont normally go to the corner on Sat, but it was packed. I guess if you dont know anyone there, it would`nt help.
Me and Richie and Gary left to go to the other more hardcore hangout at a Chevron in town, it was very entertaining. You really should have been there.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:00 PM
10 Second Club

I wish I could have been there, if I would have came out it would have been with the Toyota , really don't want to risk breaking down anywhere and then having to pay a tow truck etc.

Did you take the red car out?
Old 01-11-2005, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's what I've noticed the few times I've gone down there. Bring your own friends and setup your own ****.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:22 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

I wish I could have been there, if I would have came out it would have been with the Toyota , really don't want to risk breaking down anywhere and then having to pay a tow truck etc.

Did you take the red car out?
No red car, but we got to meet Lou and the guy from the coast with the Vega thats supposed to be so bad. That car looks like such a peice of **** and the owner really talks it up. Lou got the SLP HO hood on his Camaro, it looks real good.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Caveman
Me and Richie and Gary left to go to the other more hardcore hangout at a Chevron in town, it was very entertaining. You really should have been there.
Where is this place? Care to tell me. I'll probably be in Orlando for the upcoming holiday weekend.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:02 AM
TECH Junkie

If you're looking for friends to hang out with and shoot the **** about cars, the hardcore street racing scene is not the place. If you are chasing those type of races, then you're not going to find them sitting on one corner either.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by next
If you're looking for friends to hang out with and shoot the **** about cars, the hardcore street racing scene is not the place. If you are chasing those type of races, then you're not going to find them sitting on one corner either.
Well NEXT im not trying to be a dick but street racing has bein the same for lots of years and its done in this style all over the U.S.. Even Since the 50s till now and from CALIFORNIA to MICHIGAN to TEXAS to FLORIDA it hasnt changed man. If you have a suggestion im sure all of us would really listen. I lived in Houston TX and they have a web page www.Hotrodgossip.com that posts local street racers and there postition on the street and they are always ready for a challenge if not they just lose there spot, and yes they do race for $$$$$.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:46 PM
10 Second Club

5pt7 its at the corner of S.R 50 and Orange Ave right in the heart of downtown Orlando.

I think what Next meant was you aren't gonna find a big money race at that corner, the big boys that race for cash hang in other spots.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

5pt7 its at the corner of S.R 50 and Orange Ave right in the heart of downtown Orlando.
Thanks, but that's not what I was talking about. I've been to the corner all too many times. I even posted about it several times in this very thread.

I was talking about this supposed "hardcore street race" scene somewhere near a Chevron.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Bronopain
Well NEXT im not trying to be a dick but street racing has bein the same for lots of years and its done in this style all over the U.S.. Even Since the 50s till now and from CALIFORNIA to MICHIGAN to TEXAS to FLORIDA it hasnt changed man. If you have a suggestion im sure all of us would really listen. I lived in Houston TX and they have a web page www.Hotrodgossip.com that posts local street racers and there postition on the street and they are always ready for a challenge if not they just lose there spot, and yes they do race for $$$$$.
Simply put, the hardcore racers I'm refering to that race for big $, aren't a fun crowd for most. This isn't bring your money and a fast car. It's bring an attitude and some thick skin. You'll swear there's a greater chance at a fight then a race. And that's just their way of having fun. These guys are going to lie to you about everything and mostly try to rattle you so hard you forget how to drive. To top it off, it's gonna take you a good 2 - 3 hours of this before a single race happens. Chances are it's going to traveling to a few different spots also, and even then, a lot times they can't even come to terms and get one race off.

Your prior posts sounded like you were looking for something different. Hence, my suggestion, for what it's worth.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:16 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Thanks, but that's not what I was talking about. I've been to the corner all too many times. I even posted about it several times in this very thread.

I was talking about this supposed "hardcore street race" scene somewhere near a Chevron.
The Chevron is off LB McCloud. Turn north onto John Young Pky make an immidiate left(Hotel on right) on LB McCloud and go 2 blocks Chevron on right
Me and Next are neighbors and we discused these big $$ street racers. He knows most of the guys that have street raced around here for many years and so do I. Like he said some of these guys are mean looking dudes and theres usually lots of yelling and cursing. Of coarse half the guys are laughing about it, much different then the hangout on 50/Orange.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks^^, Sat. nights at what time?
Old 01-13-2005, 08:41 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Thanks^^, Sat. nights at what time?
Same time for both places,10-11PM til really late in the AM.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:18 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Caveman
. Like he said some of these guys are mean looking dudes and theres usually lots of yelling and cursing.
Mean looking??? Inbred yes but mean looking I don't think so...maybe throw in a little nuclear testing.

It's some pretty funny **** to watch though.

They don't scare me!
Old 01-13-2005, 09:49 PM
10 Second Club

LOL Ritchie you crack me up, throw those mods on your car yet?
Old 01-13-2005, 10:07 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

No not yet. I have a slight ticking noise that might be a bad lifter so I need to find out what the source is before I go further with it. If it turns out to be a lifter I'll just replace them and maybe throw on a set of ported heads.

I'll do some poking around the engine this weekend. If it's a spun bearing I'll just have to throw in an iron 408.

Quick Reply: Orlando Area Hangout/Street Racing