Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Anyone From Pensacola post up with Pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 02:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ben, glad you finally got some gears, didn't you have the 3.53 gears in it before?? So what are your nuumber predictions for this motor? On and off the spray?? Good to hear your project is nearing completion.

Oh yeah, and in case anyone is interested, my 315/35/17 BFG Comp T/A Drag Radials will be for sale soon. First day out in the rain and the car hyrdo-planed sideways @ 45, so I'm buying some street tires within the next week or so.

Luke
Old 05-31-2005, 02:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98BirdLS1
Ben, glad you finally got some gears, didn't you have the 3.53 gears in it before?? So what are your nuumber predictions for this motor? On and off the spray?? Good to hear your project is nearing completion.

Oh yeah, and in case anyone is interested, my 315/35/17 BFG Comp T/A Drag Radials will be for sale soon. First day out in the rain and the car hyrdo-planed sideways @ 45, so I'm buying some street tires within the next week or so.

Luke

Yeah, the gears should be good for now. I have 3.50's in there now, which I will switch back to if I go auto. Number predictions? Well, I'm looking for track times out of this beast. Goals: Mid to low 9's M6, and 8's auto! I have some work ahead of me.

Hydroplaning huh. Your not supposed to gun it at 45 in 2nd gear in the rain!! j/k
Old 05-31-2005, 03:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Auto's take all the fun out of drag racing, haha! Auto's are for bad drivers (kidding Raegan )

And the hydronplaning was the craziest thing. I was crusing at 45, no acceleration or turning or anything, all of a sudden I was pointed toward the median. It was as smooth as could be. And I must be a lucky sucker cause it just drifted back straight. (Read: 180 degree spin is bad )
Old 05-31-2005, 04:25 PM
12 Second Club

same thing happend to me luke, sucks. nice "guns" ben haha im back man that trip was long. hey thomas where do you go for transmission work?--Andrew
Old 05-31-2005, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

Auto's take all the fun out of drag racing, haha! Auto's are for bad drivers (kidding Raegan )
Not when you dead hook on the starting line and yank them front wheels right off the ground. Trust me it is SO MUCH FUN. Plus the auto wins me money ....................legally.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

http://members.***.net/jsgudinas/5_27_05.wmv

hey luke is that you in the far lane against the evo??? and davids h/c camaro is that silver one
Old 05-31-2005, 09:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Holeshotz I was just kidding, if I had a drag car I'd want an auto. But I like manuals for the fun.

Thomas, you amaze me with your video finding capability. Yes that is me on one of my runs against that monster Evo. Its one of my bogged runs, I wish it would have been my last run so I could see what happened. He was slow off the line but shot past me like I was standing still after first ,lol.

On a side note: the red Evo in the Evo vs. Evo match I raced on the way home on I-10. He pulled a little more than a car-length on me fomr 40-115. He has full exhaust, cams, intake, a tune and some other minor things.

On another side note, the sliver supra at the end of the vid was the guy asking to race me, I think he ran 9.5s or worse all night, lol.

I'm starting to think my clutch is fine but my hydrolics need some updating, anyone wanna help me with the drill mod this weekend?
Old 06-01-2005, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

i got another if you would like to see it...hell i just post it anyway
Old 06-01-2005, 12:23 AM
On The Tree

http://srvidz.vidiac.com/Player.aspx...D-B2F59F7A5DC4

that cobra is crazy
Old 06-01-2005, 07:20 AM
On The Tree

Holeshotz I was just kidding, if I had a drag car I'd want an auto. But I like manuals for the fun.
I know mang.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

BEN- who is doing your nitrous setup???
Old 06-03-2005, 08:22 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TNC_LS1
BEN- who is doing your nitrous setup???
Thomas,
I'll be doing mine myself. It will take me a little time to get that done. I'm going to get the car tuned N/A first, then slap the DP on.

Real Quick:

I'm offering this stuff up to P-Cola guys first, them it's on to the rest of the world. A few things for sale.

ASP Underdrive Pulley $150 (new $199) SOLD
Granetelli MAF $100 (new $299)
SLP Lid $40 (new $99)
SLP Bellows $20 (new $49)
Hotcam $100 (new $399) SOLD
SLP 1 3/4" Longtube Headers $150 (new $899) SOLD
ACCEL 30# Injectors $100 (Slightly used)
Stock 28.8# Injectors $50 ('01-'02 injectors)

I'll let you know when more stuff comes up.

Ben

Last edited by 1BDHWK; 06-03-2005 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ben, if the headers are functional and it's just cosmetic stuff I'll take them.

And about the hotcam, what are the specs, and what kind of power should it be making on a bolt-on car? What kind of valvetrain upgrades would I need? As long as it isn't too big I'll take that too.

These are a hell of a deal. Your generosity abounds . Ben, Kyle finally got rid of his Firebird and got an LS1, a 2000 SS. We're gonna work on my hydraulics and do the free mods/tuneup on his car Saturday. I hope everyone makes it out if the weather is nice.

Luke
Old 06-03-2005, 10:46 AM
TECH Regular

Ben, if the headers are functional and it's just cosmetic stuff I'll take them.

And about the hotcam, what are the specs, and what kind of power should it be making on a bolt-on car? What kind of valvetrain upgrades would I need? As long as it isn't too big I'll take that too.

These are a hell of a deal. Your generosity abounds . Ben, Kyle finally got rid of his Firebird and got an LS1, a 2000 SS. We're gonna work on my hydraulics and do the free mods/tuneup on his car Saturday. I hope everyone makes it out if the weather is nice.

Luke
Sounds good Luke. The sooner I can get the money, the sooner I can get my Fuel Pump, Valve covers, Tires, HVAC Plate and Manual steering rack.

I'm glad that Kyle finally stepped up to the big dogs! If he needs the lid, bellows and maf, let me know!

For the Hot cam. Some LS6 Springs and thats it. John is buying the heads and the springs are on there. I'll talk to him to see if he will let them go.

Ben

Last edited by 1BDHWK; 06-03-2005 at 11:40 AM.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Had fun this weekend. Didn't see many f-bodies out though.

Ben, when is a good time to get you paid and pick up the stuff? I can meet you somewhere, or I can wait till this weekend to get it to you or whatever is good for you. And this stuff comes with free install right?

But serioulsy Ben, I'll be ordering springs (unless John wants to sell me the ones from your car) and my exhaust tubing within in the next couple of weeks. As soon as that is done, I'm gonna need someone with expirence to help put the cam in. I'd be glad to pay for your help, I just don't know anything about a cam install. I'm shooting for a July 4th finish time.

My friend and I are going to put the headers in and he's going to weld my exhaust so I'll try and time that just a little bit before I put the cam in.

John02SS, if you're reading this: Do you have the ability to tune a '98 car? And if you can, what would you charge to tune my car after a header and cam install? And how long of a waiting line do you have. I can't put my cam in until I know a have a tune ready. Thanks alot.

Luke
Old 06-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Staging Lane

Ben thanks for the motor John made the delivery this afternoon hope fully in about 3 weeks ill be prowlin the streets. The heads that came off of Regans car, those are really some clean ports looks good. PM me if you need any help getting the new motor in i wanna be there when that big beast is fired up!!! If you are up for going to the track next week we are gonna try to get some people up to go. Later, Brandon
Old 06-06-2005, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Any of you LS-1 guys looking for a cam? Or know someone who is? I have a .224/.224 .581 112 lsa custom ground cam by Comp Cams. $400 cam for $150. Slightly used, perfect shape. Any takers? Makes GREAT power w/ ported heads.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:18 PM
TECH Regular

Had fun this weekend. Didn't see many f-bodies out though.

Ben, when is a good time to get you paid and pick up the stuff? I can meet you somewhere, or I can wait till this weekend to get it to you or whatever is good for you. And this stuff comes with free install right?

But serioulsy Ben, I'll be ordering springs (unless John wants to sell me the ones from your car) and my exhaust tubing within in the next couple of weeks. As soon as that is done, I'm gonna need someone with expirence to help put the cam in. I'd be glad to pay for your help, I just don't know anything about a cam install. I'm shooting for a July 4th finish time.

My friend and I are going to put the headers in and he's going to weld my exhaust so I'll try and time that just a little bit before I put the cam in.

John02SS, if you're reading this: Do you have the ability to tune a '98 car? And if you can, what would you charge to tune my car after a header and cam install? And how long of a waiting line do you have. I can't put my cam in until I know a have a tune ready. Thanks alot.

Luke
Luke,

Any time in the afternoon/evening time is good for me. Just give me a ring. I will be....working on the car. I can help you with the cam install. I can do those with my hand tied behind my back now. Unfortunately. Just let me know. I am pretty bogged down with my car right now, but I'm sure I can work it in.

Originally Posted by HALL182
Ben thanks for the motor John made the delivery this afternoon hope fully in about 3 weeks ill be prowlin the streets. The heads that came off of Regans car, those are really some clean ports looks good. PM me if you need any help getting the new motor in i wanna be there when that big beast is fired up!!! If you are up for going to the track next week we are gonna try to get some people up to go. Later, Brandon
Brandon,

Not a problem man. Enjoy! I can't wait to see the old motor back on the streets again. I hated to see it go, but it's big brother should make me proud. I'll have to check with the other half about the track. If I can get her wheel studs on, maybe we'll bring her car out again.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Alright Ben. I'll try and get in touch with you, I'm working so much now it's hard to find alot of free time. Did John talk to you about the springs? He's suppose to be getting them to you sometime soon, let me know when he does so I can pay you both at the same time.

And by the time I get everything ordered and my exhaust welded you'll prolly be done with your engine. haha. We should BBQ at your house with the LS1tech and gcfba.org crew to celebrate the completetion of your car.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:50 AM
Staging Lane

98Bird the heads are at my house and the valve springs should be off soon.

Quick Reply: Anyone From Pensacola post up with Pics!!