Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Anyone From Pensacola post up with Pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 12:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98BirdLS1
I'm also interested in your hotcam if Andrew doesn't already have dibs on it. And if the guy who is buying your engine doesn't need the LS6 intake manifold I will gladly take that as well (can swap my LS1 manifold for it).

I don't have a problem making enough power to put my tires to good use, I have a problem making enough power to put my rear end out of use.

Luke
It's all in how you drive as to how long the 10 bolt will last. I wish I would have kept mine, but I didn't feel like dragging it from Hawaii. Although it is an auto, Raegan is still on hers, and she has at least 100 1.5 60fts out of it. And it's still hanging on. Damn, I shouldn't have said that.

I haven't made an intake decision yet. But I'll get there soon.

Andrew, how is the car running? Haven't heard from you, which is a good thing. But just wanted to check up. Have fun on leave.

Btw, if you guys need work done, parts installed, etc, I'm there for you. For a small fee of course.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I wouldn't mind getting a 12 Bolt, just rather spend the money elsewhere, maybe FI.

But about the intake, its not a big deal, if it goes with the engine thats fine. I'm not trying to use ya just for parts and work

By the way what base do you and Raegan work at?
Old 05-24-2005, 03:05 PM
TECH Regular

We are over at Corry Station. Instuctors at......... The Center for Information Dominance.

Well, If you want some power, the pulley, headers(have them recoated for a small fee), intake, and MAF would be a good start. Just a hint.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

is it just the crank pulley or both???? and are the bellows slp???
Old 05-24-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TNC_LS1
is it just the crank pulley or both???? and are the bellows slp???
Just the crank pulley. Trust me, you don't want both pulleys. Yes, it is an SLP Bellows.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ben, I'll take the forged 408 sitting in your garage along with anything else that might make my car faster than that stupid EVO running around. This guy is like a god in P-cola, at least when you get yours done you can say you built it; instead of sending it off and signing the checks.

Disclaimer: Evo guy "Chris" is, from what I hear, a stand-up guy and knows his stuff. I mean he gave me a thumbs up after he tore me a new one so I got nothing against him or his car. Its one sick machine, I'm just whining.

p.s Ben if your engine makes close to what you projected you could easily show everyone that hails that Evo that it doesn't take a drag car with a 300 shot to beat him.

Luke
Old 05-25-2005, 08:24 AM
Staging Lane

Ben its nice meeting you and Reagan this Sunday at Atmore. This is Brandon by the way(the guy getting your motor). Let me know if you need help pulling the old motor. The Lightning was running good Sunday. Get that tune pulley and cai you will see some 8.20-.30.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:19 AM
TECH Regular

Ben, I'll take the forged 408 sitting in your garage along with anything else that might make my car faster than that stupid EVO running around. This guy is like a god in P-cola, at least when you get yours done you can say you built it; instead of sending it off and signing the checks.

Disclaimer: Evo guy "Chris" is, from what I hear, a stand-up guy and knows his stuff. I mean he gave me a thumbs up after he tore me a new one so I got nothing against him or his car. Its one sick machine, I'm just whining.

p.s Ben if your engine makes close to what you projected you could easily show everyone that hails that Evo that it doesn't take a drag car with a 300 shot to beat him.

Luke
Yeah, I've heard he is a great guy, and the car sounds like a beast from what I hear. We'll see when I get the car running. It may take a drag setup in a streetable car to beat him. I hear he is upping the boost soon also!!! Sounds like fun. And remember, getting faster starts from the bottom up.

Originally Posted by HALL182
Ben its nice meeting you and Reagan this Sunday at Atmore. This is Brandon by the way(the guy getting your motor). Let me know if you need help pulling the old motor. The Lightning was running good Sunday. Get that tune pulley and cai you will see some 8.20-.30.
It was nice meeing you too Brandon. We had fun at the track on Sunday. I think I need to invest in one of those pop up tent thingy's so everyone can have some shade to sit under. It was damn hot out there! I may take you up on that offer with help pulling the motor. We'll see. I'm taking my time right now with pulling it. My car is not stock by any means, so I am having to unmodify the car at the same time. I spent last night cutting off my true dual exhaust that had been welded together in Hawaii. I'm getting there little by little. And yes, the Truck impressed me in the heat. It was fun taking it out for some virgin passes. But, unfortunately, it must be faster. "Thou shalt not drive a slow vehicle." Bradford household rules!!! It's a Ford, so I have a long way to go.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:10 PM
Staging Lane

Next time we go I will bring my E-Z- up I have one that I have never even used. I definatlly had a good time. Go ahead and take your time with pulling it out I am very patient on waiting. I have not even ordered the cam and spring and push rods. hopefully i can handle the ole' lightning when we get all this done. If you wanna get a tune and stuff for the lightning let me or john know we have the hook up on Cobra and Lightning tunes and products!!
Old 05-25-2005, 10:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Does anyone want to join me for a trip to Holt this Friday? A Supra friend wants to see how his car will do so I figured I'd give it a shot out there. I need to see how my tires hook when heated up. Ben, Andrew, Thomas, anyone???

Ben, you bring your Ford, Thomas and Andrew you two bring your cars and we'll have a grudge match Anyone else is welcome to come, maybe someone from the GCFBA crew will come along and show us around out there.

Luke
Old 05-25-2005, 10:25 PM
Teching In

I think 99.99997% of the GCFBA crew is heading up to Atlanta for G9, so you won't see many of us at the tracks or at BK this weekend. You're more than welcome to join us in Atlanta. There will be a caravan of F-bods leaving for Atlanta from the old Food Tiger on Hwy 29 at 6:30 Friday morning.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Aww man, I forgot that was this weekend. I can't go, I have a closing Friday morning and I definately can't miss that. Hope you guys have fun.
I'll try and do my best to represent on a few imports.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:34 AM
TECH Regular

Aww man, I forgot that was this weekend. I can't go, I have a closing Friday morning and I definately can't miss that. Hope you guys have fun.
I'll try and do my best to represent on a few imports.
Luke, Raegan and I decided to go to G9 Sat. and Sun. We are heading Sat. morning and coming back Sun. evening. If you want to head up there with us, let me know. If we weren't heading to ATL, we would definitely head out to Holt with you. If you do go to Holt, good luck!

Ben
Old 05-26-2005, 09:03 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by HALL182
Next time we go I will bring my E-Z- up I have one that I have never even used. I definatlly had a good time. Go ahead and take your time with pulling it out I am very patient on waiting. I have not even ordered the cam and spring and push rods. hopefully i can handle the ole' lightning when we get all this done. If you wanna get a tune and stuff for the lightning let me or john know we have the hook up on Cobra and Lightning tunes and products!!
That E-Z-up tent sounds cool(no pun intended ). I think I will pick one up for when I get the car running so it will have a nice cool place to sit. I may have to take you up on that tune also.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

I know alot of you are going to G9 this weekend but if your not Holt is having their Street legal championships this Sunday.

7.50 heads up on 4 tenths pro tree.
8.50 heads up on 4 tenths pro tree.
5.70 Real Street heads up.
Street Legal Bracket Race and more.
check out http://forums.dragcoverage.com/YaBB....num=1116734327 for more info.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:26 AM
12 Second Club

luke, cant make it we took the car on a road trip to Missouri for my sister-in-laws wedding, and so i can show off my car to my friends the fastest street car here is a 99 WS6 6 speed Stock....maybe an air lid i dunno. so i might have to call him out . but when we get back that will be something to do head to holt. ill keep check the site to see whats going on.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TransLS1
luke, cant make it we took the car on a road trip to Missouri for my sister-in-laws wedding, and so i can show off my car to my friends the fastest street car here is a 99 WS6 6 speed Stock....maybe an air lid i dunno. so i might have to call him out . but when we get back that will be something to do head to holt. ill keep check the site to see whats going on.
Damn Andrew,

That's a long trip! I guess the car is running well and your getting good oil pressure. Thank goodness! Have fun up there and see you when you get back.

Does anyone want to join me for a trip to Holt this Friday? A Supra friend wants to see how his car will do so I figured I'd give it a shot out there. I need to see how my tires hook when heated up. Ben, Andrew, Thomas, anyone???
Luke,

After my last three posts, I still may head out to Holt on Friday. It would be fun to see everyone that can make it out there. Maybe do a little racing too.

Ben
Old 05-26-2005, 02:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ben you should bring the Lightining. The Supra that I'm meeting there is posting on racingpensacola.com trying to get his supra buddies to join him. And it's suppose to be alot cooler than it was when you were at Atmore. Plus you gotta show me how to get my 60' time down

Andrew, I took my car to Orlando, it was only a 7 hour drive and I'll never do it again, f-body is not a road-trip car haha. Although there are many parts in Missouri you could do some 90-100+ runs without seeing many people.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

i got to work so thats a no...and i got a question i got my car back and the guy tells me a bushing is tore to **** and thats the knocking i have been hearing for his description its the torque arm bushing should i get an aftermarket one or what and should i spend the extra money for the adjustable one
Old 05-27-2005, 08:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TNC_LS1
i got to work so thats a no...and i got a question i got my car back and the guy tells me a bushing is tore to **** and thats the knocking i have been hearing for his description its the torque arm bushing should i get an aftermarket one or what and should i spend the extra money for the adjustable one
Go Adjustable with the on that mounts to the cross member not to the tranny.

Quick Reply: Anyone From Pensacola post up with Pics!!