Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Anyone From Pensacola post up with Pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 11:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess this is just our thread now, haha. Someone is sure to pay attention some time. I haven't talked to my friend with the Z28 yet, he's not really a car lover, so I don't know if he enjoys just driving around in his car as much as I do, I'll ask him though. We may have to set-up a crusie for some other time when people are paying attention.

Do you go to PJC? I think I saw you driving on campus today, I almost wrecked from the reflection of those rims.

I just gotta fix little things, the strut/shock thing for my hatch has come loose so I gotta use JB weld or something to fix it, (rattles like crazy) and a speaker is missing a screw and it rattles when I have them turned up. And I might do a better job porting my TB if I got time. Later

Luke
Old 03-11-2005, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

No I Dont Go To Pjc Just Cutting Through And I Like To Mess With People There Try To Get A Race..

Do You Use A Dremel To Port Your Throttle Body Cuz I Need To Do A Better Job On Mine Too I Ported It But Didnt Polish It..

I Talked To Ben Earlier And He Can Go Tonight But Its Not Looking Good For Sat.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:53 PM
12 Second Club

hey guys i know i havent posted in a while sorry things have been up in the air this past few weeks. but the wife has the car this weekend, during the day. im working on hers but i can prolly catch up with you guys sat. night. dont think im trying to blow you guys off. have any of you guys done the " wire mod" or that home depo. "fercno mod" you know the cheap smooth below. anyway ill talk to you guys later. --Andrew
Old 03-11-2005, 08:55 PM
12 Second Club

oh yeah hey thomas who put in your 3.73's or did you do it your self? im thinking of geting 3.42s till i save up for a moser 9in. and what tires are you guys using out back... PEACE---andrew
Old 03-11-2005, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

I Have The Fernco Mod On My Car Bout $3-$5 Its Easy...
WHATS THE "WIRE MOD"

I Had My Rear End Fixed And It Was A Friend Of My Dads That Did It..its Like A Backyard Garage Off Kingsfield
Old 03-11-2005, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

What Time Will You Have The Car???
Old 03-12-2005, 08:32 AM
12 Second Club

prolly about 4 or so sometime in there. the wire mod is an apperence mod you drill a hole in your passenger wheel well and feed the wires though to the other side and hook them back up, it hides them i think i wanna do that today looks great outside. hey been is your vette black, was that you i waved at like thursday or wensday. --Andrew
Old 03-12-2005, 09:03 AM
On The Tree

I Think We Will Cruise About 4:00-4:30 We Will Probably Just Wait Til You Get Your Car Then Go.

Got To Clean The Car...later
Old 03-12-2005, 10:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

TNC- I knew it was you, crazy time of the day to try and get a race, but there are plenty of annoying people that will race you at PJC. I've had dozens of cars rev at me in the parking lot, maybe they wanna race to the nearest parking spot, I dunno. Be careful though, cops are wicked mean on campus .

I used a dremel to port my TB, did the epxoy mod, and cut the shaft in half (Thats how use po' folks get horsepower ) It takes soo long that I just do a little bit at a time when I have an hour or two free. I guess I might try the fernco thing, definately not the wire mod; wires out by your wheels sounds like you're just waiting for some road debris to mess things up, but that may be a 1 in a million thing. If you want things to look nice you can buy plastic wire wrap, like the wrap that is on now but in different colors.

Trans- I have Potenza 245-50s all around on mine, traction sucks . Who are you going to get to set-up your 9 in? I'm saving for a 12 bolt w/ HD posi (stupid 3 channel cars) I hear Ben has a great garage and knows plenty about setting up cars, you may talk to him about it, and I think he also has the software to reset your ECU for gear/wheel changes.

If the plan is to meet at 4-4:30 then we should just wait till 5-5:30 and meet at BK or Big Lots. Hang out there then crusie to Bayfront or wherever else. No sense to crusie around in Mid-day traffic for 30 minutes before the car shows start. Later

Luke-sorry this post is soo long
Old 03-12-2005, 01:36 PM
On The Tree

Yeah Thats Cool We Will Just Meet At Big Lots...if Thats Cool With You Guys??
Old 03-12-2005, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

If You Guys (andrew And Luke) Want To Do The Fernco Tonight We Can Just Let Me Know What You Guys Want To Do??
Old 03-12-2005, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

We Meeting At Big Lots Around 5:30 Or Meeting At Bk????????????????????

Last edited by TNC_LS1; 03-12-2005 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

IF anyone is on here. I couldn't make it to Big Lots, sorry. I should be at Bayfront tonight around 9-9:30 though. Hope to see someone there Later.

Luke
Old 03-13-2005, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

Luke I Didnt See You At Bk Or Bayfront....i Left Bk At Like 7:30 And Left Bayfront At Like 9:30-10:00...

Do You Have A Cell Phone Number???? I Will Track You Down That Way..lol
Old 03-13-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Regular

Hey guys,

Sorry I missed out on the fun for the last couple of weeks. I will try and do better about getting out there. We have just been busy with work recently. I've been working on getting Raegan a new tranny. FLP Level 4 with manual valve body shifting and a twin plate TCI 3600. Should be good for some low 1.4's at the track.

Originally Posted by TransLS1
hey been is your vette black, was that you i waved at like thursday or wensday
I'm assuming you mean Ben. Yeah, that was me. I'm the only black vette on base, let alone the only black FRC I've seen in town. I wasn't sure if you could recognize me.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

TNC- Sorry about BK but I was at Bayfront from 9-9:45 or so. Wasn't much out there when I left kinda empty, must have been something going on I was unaware of. I'll pm you my number, not really comfortable posting it on an open forum.

Ben you're my idol. I think you have more money in your cars then the majority of America has in their homes. Which makes more sense, you can sleep in your car, can't drive your home.

Hopefully some time we'll get this crusie thing going
Old 03-13-2005, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I Wouldnt Post My Number On Here Either...i Did Pm You Mine Didnt I???

HEY BEN HOW MUCH IS THAT TCI 3600 TORQUE CONVERTER YOUR GETTING?

Last edited by TNC_LS1; 03-13-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:29 AM
TECH Regular

1bdhwk- your the guy that has the wife with the cammed hawk right, and you have the pewter(I think) car with the 12 bolt? i met you at BK a while back...I am the big guy with the White LT1 TA(1SLOWTA on the tag).

Guys-Sorry if the GCFBA seems stand off-ish..but most people act the same way to us, so we quit chasing people across the parking lot.LOL We do something pretty much every weekend I am home(every other weekend), but it is hard to get everyone together at one time. And yes some guys have garage queens but my car just turned 155K(though the motor, tranny, and rear are fairly new)- and there are generally 4-5 of us at BK from 5-7...then we go eat- and usually get into something after that.

I never get on here(cuz I don't have a LS1) or I woulda posted up earlier. Also the GCM(gulf coast muscle) guys have a pretty cool bunch of sports car/truck owners too.

BTW- every thursday night(almost every) the GCFBA does Hooter by Cordova Mall at around 7:30...we park in the Mall parking lot directly behing Hooter's. You just can't be too bashful around us.

Hardly any of us go to Bealle's though due to the ricers acting like idiots...scares me to have my car over there. If we do go- it is just to decide where else to go.LOL.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:21 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TNC_LS1
HEY BEN HOW MUCH IS THAT TCI 3600 TORQUE CONVERTER YOUR GETTING?
The multi disc converter is about $850 I think. It's not a normal converter. But it will be great for the track.

Originally Posted by Leedogg
1bdhwk- your the guy that has the wife with the cammed hawk right, and you have the pewter(I think) car with the 12 bolt? i met you at BK a while back...I am the big guy with the White LT1 TA(1SLOWTA on the tag).
Lee, I remember you. We have been busy for the past month, so we haven't had the chance to get out that much recently. Yeah thats me and the crazy wife! We're trying to get her a new tranny so she can get to the track and I'm about to tear mine apart to put the new motor in. An yeah, I have a Moser 9" w/ Detroit Locker. We will try and start heading out with you guys when we get the cars up and running. Good to see you on the board. I haven't posted on GCFBA because I really don't know anyone. We need to get out more often to meet more people. And we need to get to the track too. This car down, not racing thing is killing me.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:00 PM
12 Second Club

So whats going on this weekend guys. anything. i see your car all the time now on base Ben, well parked anyway. but let me know whats going on guys. --Andrew

Quick Reply: Anyone From Pensacola post up with Pics!!