Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Anyone From Pensacola post up with Pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 02:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beulah Sausage Festival But thats Firday night and Saturday/ Sunday afternoon. I don't know whats going on any other time.

Luke
Old 03-15-2005, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

My Car Is Broke......i Was Trying To Fix A Leak. A Hose Was Leaking Coolant And I Was Gonna Replace The Hose..its The Hose That Goes To The Throttle Body And I Went To Pull The Hose Off The Radiator And The Damn Nipple Broke Off The Radiator...i Had To Pry The Nipple Out Of The Hose With A Screwdriver...this Really Sucks
Old 03-15-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TNC_LS1
My Car Is Broke......i Was Trying To Fix A Leak. A Hose Was Leaking Coolant And I Was Gonna Replace The Hose..its The Hose That Goes To The Throttle Body And I Went To Pull The Hose Off The Radiator And The Damn Nipple Broke Off The Radiator...i Had To Pry The Nipple Out Of The Hose With A Screwdriver...this Really Sucks
Damn man, that sucks. Were you pulling on it too hard? I usually work those off slowly with a flat head. I'm not sure how you go about fixing that. That's a new one to me. I'll see if I can find anything out.

Originally Posted by 98BirdLS1
Beulah Sausage Festival But thats Firday night and Saturday/ Sunday afternoon. I don't know whats going on any other time.
I don't know Luke. I'm a little wary about anything with the phrase "Sausage Fest" in it.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:26 PM
12 Second Club

haha. where is that at? man rain sucks you know that. im so bored...GOD... hey whats the big deal about 1LE cars. i head they have better suspension or something like that, anyway the reason i ask i head this guy talking about how rear his dads car was a 2002 camaro 1LE. oh well, hey Ben are you a SSGT? or a Instructor? just wondering. peace. ---Andrew
Old 03-15-2005, 04:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TransLS1
haha. where is that at? man rain sucks you know that. im so bored...GOD... hey whats the big deal about 1LE cars. i head they have better suspension or something like that, anyway the reason i ask i head this guy talking about how rear his dads car was a 2002 camaro 1LE. oh well, hey Ben are you a SSGT? or a Instructor? just wondering. peace. ---Andrew
1LE cars are more rare than the average f-body. But the majority of 1LE cars are just option delete cars. No electric windows, door locks, etc. I believe the later model ones had stiffer sway bars, but I'm not exactly sure.

Yeah, I'm a SSGT and an instructor on base. That's probably why you see my car parked all over. Trying to keep up with the students is a job in itself. The rain in is making today a crappy one. Gotta love FL.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

I Think You Can Just Replace The End Cap On The Radiator Not Sure Though...hope I Dont Need To Buy A Radiator. Guess I Will ****** The Damn Thing Out... Already Took The Throttle Body Off And The Maf..porting Them Both..and Took The Headlights Off Too..doing The Painted Headlight Mod..

Least It Will Be Ready By Saturday

AND I THINK LUKE IS TALKING ABOUT THE BEULAH SASAGE FESTIVAL... SO ITS IN BEULAH..IS IN OR NEAR THE ALABAMA STATE LINE

Last edited by TNC_LS1; 03-16-2005 at 02:45 AM.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:59 AM
12 Second Club

have you guys been to that before? oh well whats the plan on sat. BK and Big Lots and that stuff. -- McCabe
Old 03-16-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ben, I'm sure there has been many a times when you've attended such said "sausage fests" , just playin.

But on a more hetrosexual note, The BEULAH Sausage Festival is just a big country party all weekend. Some country artists will be there, Jimmy Wayne and Andy Briggs I believe, along with a bunch of other less known bands. But there is TONS of FOOD.

I'm going Friday and Saturday afternoon, and everyone wants to do something, so Saturday night sounds like a good time to do it, it seems like everyone is free and looking for something to do.

TNC- you could just JB weld it back on, just makes sure not to plug the hole up. Thats the good thing about the TB bypass, no need to pull radiator hoses off when removing your TB.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

I Try Rtv And It Didnt Work So Well Getting It Towed...the Wrecker Should Be On The Way.

The Sausage Festival Sounds Cool But I Dont Know If I Will Go My Girlfriend Gets Back From The Phillippines Friday So I Will Be Spending It With Her..three Weeks Is A Long Time...

Whats It Cost To Get In Or Does It???

And Did You Mean Andy Griggs???
Old 03-16-2005, 03:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think it is 5 dollars a day or 10 for the whole weekend. And I did mean Andy Griggs. I'm going because my girlfriend wants to, plus the food is great. I'm skipping Sunday though for a spark plug change and brake pad swap.

I hope your car gets fixed, where are you having it towed and why?
Old 03-16-2005, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

Having It Towed To Boyds...hes Gonna Change The End Cap On The Radiator Instead Of Me Buying A New Radiator Because The Nipple On The Radiator Broke...the Thing The Hose Slides Over Broke Off...

Are You Doing The Pad Swap Yourself??

Does Anyone No What Will Clear Foggy Headlights???
Old 03-16-2005, 04:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

At least they can fix they radiator, those things can get expensive to replace. Have you done the TB bypass free mod? Super easy.
Headlights get foggy b/c moist air gets inside them, I believe you can remove your headlight assembly, like you were changing a bulb, clean them out and seal them up. I'm not sure about Camaro's but the rubber weather stripping around your headlights could be worn and thats would let in moist air.

My g/f's mom owns a machine shop in town (let me know if you guys need some work and I'll see if I can hook you up) so I'm taking my rotors to have them turned and I figured since they are off the car why not change the pads. My rotors were bad, bout shook me off the road slowing down at high speeds.

Luke
Old 03-16-2005, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

Yea I Had It Done Thats What Was Leaking So I Was Gonna Make It One Complete Hose Instead Of A Pieced Together One And Then I Break The Radiator..
I Hear You My Rotors Are The Same Way Like My Car Is Having A Seisure When I Hit The Brakes

The Crap On My Headlights Is Some Crusty Looking Junk And Its On The Outside...i Heard Plexiglass Polish Will Do It...now I Just Need A Car To Get Some...lol
Old 03-17-2005, 11:46 PM
On The Tree

I Got My Car Back Thank God.....see You Guys Saturday
Old 03-18-2005, 07:43 AM
TECH Regular

Glad you got the car back!!! Always a good feeling. Is my assumption right that there is nothing going on tonight as usual? I have a feeling I will be bored since the wife will be working tonight.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1BDHWK
Glad you got the car back!!! Always a good feeling. Is my assumption right that there is nothing going on tonight as usual? I have a feeling I will be bored since the wife will be working tonight.
YEAH NOTHING GOING ON TONIGHT....JUST ABOUT EVERYONE I KNOW IS GOING TO HOLT TODAY
Old 03-18-2005, 10:54 AM
12 Second Club

Hey Thomas what gear do you ride aroung in town? what do your RPMS run like with the 3.73'S like now i have 2.73'S and i ride around in 3rd and im at like 1800 i think crusing at 45mph maybe i will check, but do you like them? i want a either 3.73 or 3.42 and a CAM CHANGE but thats later on. anyway if anything comes up tonight ill post up i think i still have your # peace.----Andrew
Old 03-18-2005, 11:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Tonight is Mid-night madness at Holt right? Street Legal cars or something like that? Holt never really interested me much, 1/8 is too short, unless your car is built for it.

Since nothing is happening tonight whats going on for tomorrow? BK or Big Lots or Bayfront? I'd like to check out Ellyson, haven't been there in a few months. See you guys later.

Andrew swap a M6 in it and crusie around @45 in 6th gear, I beleve 1400 rpms.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:53 PM
12 Second Club

Default silly ricers

ok well i was coming home from work today and i had my tops off you know enjoying the sun and everything and i come up to the stop like on navy by krystals, the one coming off base. And i here the loudest fart can i have ever heard on the back of this mazda miatia and the guy is reving his engine and looking and nodding so im like ok and i rev back.Then the light turn green BUT not the stright one the LEFT hand light turned and this guy just took off i mean burning rubber and everything hauling ***, well tring to. and i could not belive it i mean he must not have know i just dont know. but when the light did turned green i was laughing so hard by then i could barely drive i was crying really i was. i caught up the the guy and he STILL wanted to race. we were going ummm about 30mph and i just give it enough gas and roar passed him and you see this guy working the gears dowshifting then throwing it back up and all i hear is waaaaaa..waaaaaa...waaaaaa. then i turned of to go home when i parked the car i could not stop laughing....he went stright through the intersection hahahahhahaha thats about the funniest thing that has happend all week.-- Andrew
Old 03-18-2005, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

I Dont Know What It Is At 45 But At 60 Its About 2000 Rpms And I Like It But Wouldnt Mind A Little More(4.10)...

Quick Reply: Anyone From Pensacola post up with Pics!!