Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Anyone From Pensacola post up with Pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 05:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM'ed you.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well some guy just drove off in my T/A. Its a sad day. And now I have to find a RWD import with a big engine bay. Maybe sometime down the road I can make a comeback in a Vette.

Luke
Old 12-13-2005, 10:42 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98BirdLS1
Well some guy just drove off in my T/A. Its a sad day. And now I have to find a RWD import with a big engine bay. Maybe sometime down the road I can make a comeback in a Vette.

Luke
First off, I'm sorry to hear that Luke. But I'm sure it will be easier on the pocket book for a while. Second, who was this guy, and what does he plan on doing with the car? Did you point him in this general direction? Your not going to disappear now are you?

So now, why the import craze? If you are looking for a change, wait and go with the Vette! Best of both worlds. You have American and it will out handle the imports.

Give me a call when you get the chance. You need to come by and see the car. Maybe a ride in it will give you some new ideas.

Ben
Old 12-13-2005, 11:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Guy that bought it is from Mobile and seemed to have a good idea of where he wanted to do. He was already glad I removed the bump-stops because he planned to but 17X11 ZR-1's on the car. I showed him a pic of the car with my chrome ones and he said "Perfect!"

Anyways, I'm not having an import craze, lol. Just gotta change it up every once in a while. Besides another modern V8 car would kill my insurance . And a classic muscle car would kill any drivabilty that I need for my job.

A small, safe car so my insurance is cheap, with a good motor swap is a perfect option for me. I've been entertaining V8 swaps, and a couple of import swaps (I know, I know).

As for a vette, my goal is to have a down payment on a house by Thanksgiving 2006. And while I make good money, I don't make enough for a Vette and a house, yet!

I definately need to come by for a ride. You should just loan me the WS6 for a while since I am car-less for now. Or if I had to, I'd take take the Z.

Maybe the weather will be good enough this weekend to get out to BK. And as soon as someone setups up a crusie I'll be along for that, even if I have to go with my moms mini-van.

Luke
Old 12-19-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I got another car. Its a red 95 Nissan 240sx. RWD coupe, 5spd. Its in super condition and is a blast to drive. Makes my T/A feel like a boat.

Unfortunately it is VASTLY underpowered . I'm researching some swaps. The LS1 actually weighs about the same as the KA and there is room to fit it, but it's only been done by a few people, so an LS1 would have to be almost completely custom done. (mounts and wiring ). Also done some research on a few import V8 motors as well along with some I6 motors. This car's slowness is madning! Hopefully I can have something in and going by the time the weather turns nice again.

Where did everyone go anyways? "The never ending thread" is getting quiet.

Luke
Old 12-21-2005, 12:51 AM
On The Tree

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...&highlight=240

yea i think that would be a cool project..you would never see it coming..maybe hear it though

well i still havent sold my car yet but i will probably get an import too who knows though i will still visit the board just not as much as i use too
Old 12-21-2005, 10:10 AM
Staging Lane

Whats Up! It PARKER!
Old 12-21-2005, 02:30 PM
12 Second Club

Well sounds like a cool project Luke. I'm on leave right now in missouri getting ready to go to Japan and setting everything up for my car to be stored, I did order SFC's, LCA's PHB and a line lock I installed the line lock the other night that thing is so much fun. other then that....I'll still check out the thread just to keep it going. --Andrew
Old 01-07-2006, 08:40 PM
12 Second Club

Well I'm in Japan now. It's really different over here. I have to deploy in Feb. but after that i will be looking for some parts to put up on e-bay from over here.--Andrew
Old 01-08-2006, 11:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you could find a cheap way to ship stuff through the military. You'd make a killing! Stay safe over there.

Luke
Old 01-09-2006, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kTkz2800
Whats Up! It PARKER!

Old 01-09-2006, 09:28 PM
Teching In

hey everyone,
long time no talk. I am now starting to save you money to mod my ss. I was kinda held up by that monsoon we had not to long ago that found its way into my ls1. but everythings good now and I am trying to mod my camaro but keep my warrenty at the same time. Now i am planning on getting headers a cut out and have that run to my stock exhaust to keep it quiet. . . sometimes. I am wanting to get a pair of headers and a cut out. But to keep my warrenty i have to have the cats. maybe i could run headers to a y-pipe to the cutout to 2 cats???? I dont know. . . if i could even do that. but anyway . . . take it easy.

KYLE
Old 01-14-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSLOW
hey everyone,
long time no talk. I am now starting to save you money to mod my ss. I was kinda held up by that monsoon we had not to long ago that found its way into my ls1. but everythings good now and I am trying to mod my camaro but keep my warrenty at the same time. Now i am planning on getting headers a cut out and have that run to my stock exhaust to keep it quiet. . . sometimes. I am wanting to get a pair of headers and a cut out. But to keep my warrenty i have to have the cats. maybe i could run headers to a y-pipe to the cutout to 2 cats???? I dont know. . . if i could even do that. but anyway . . . take it easy.

KYLE
Blah..... warranty's are overrated Chances are adding headers willl void the exhaust portion anyway. If you're really wanting to keep it, make sure to call whoever the warranty is through and ask.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:50 PM
TECH Regular

I still have a full warranty on my car! Oh wait....never mind, I voided that 2 months after I took delivery.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:55 AM
12 Second Club

yeah with a cam swap after what 5,000 miles? hows the car running? anybody want anything from Hong Kong??????
Old 01-21-2006, 12:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

When does the track open up again around here? It's in Holt, right?
Old 01-28-2006, 07:50 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TransLS1
yeah with a cam swap after what 5,000 miles? hows the car running? anybody want anything from Hong Kong??????
Cars running great! It needs a good dyno tune. I'm going to get that done when I get back. Then it will be track time!

Originally Posted by fa18007
When does the track open up again around here? It's in Holt, right?
Holt and Atmore are the closest. Holt opened up the other day. Raegan was out there playing around with the Hawk. Check the Emerald Coast website for the actual days that it is open.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Default what up

just kinda found this site and was reading about guys looking for f-body owners in p-cola. i own a White 2001 camaro z28 with a lid and muffler with a y-pipe on the way. no pics yet hopefully soon. my name is keith i would definately like to meet some more f-body owners around here and hang out.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01ghostwhitez
just kinda found this site and was reading about guys looking for f-body owners in p-cola. i own a White 2001 camaro z28 with a lid and muffler with a y-pipe on the way. no pics yet hopefully soon. my name is keith i would definately like to meet some more f-body owners around here and hang out.
check out this SITE if you havent come across it yet.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Launching!

Default yeah

i've been on gcm for a while actually my name on there is 01z28white. there are a lot of great guys on that sight and i just really got around to checking out some other sights. heard this site was all about the ls1 so figured i had to check it out and see what kind of info i could find.

Quick Reply: Anyone From Pensacola post up with Pics!!