Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Paying Traffic Tickets-getting no points

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paying Traffic Tickets-getting no points

Just to let you all know. That you can request to the clerk of the courts in the jurisdiction that you received a ticket to withhold the points on your licsense and just pay the fine. And then you dont have to take the class and waste that extra money that you could use for the next time you get caught speeding.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How does that work. Interesting.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:09 PM
11 Second Club

yes please explain
Old 02-27-2005, 06:05 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

That's news to me. Please explain, is this from personal experience?
Old 02-27-2005, 06:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well since I read this thread last, I got a 208 and 77 dollar tickets. So this knowledge can greatly help me.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

Yah I just got a $117 one this weekend to. Please explain how this works.

Jon
Old 02-27-2005, 09:44 PM
TECH Regular

Sign me up for the lesson here as well...they will just 'forgive' the points if you merely ask? Sounds a little too good to be true, but I am all ears!
Old 03-03-2005, 12:49 AM
Staging Lane

one way that i ,also, got out of paying is by overpaying the ticket by a couple of dollars, dont know how exactly but this worked with Florida Highway Patrol. This has worked for me the only time i tried it. The county or city thats issues a ticket only gets the money from the fine, and they dont benefit from the extra insurance so if you ask they will not asses the points. And if they dont asses the points then nothing will be is reported to FDOT. I am not sure if this works in every county in florida but i am sure it does. Just ask the clerk of the courts if they do that. Thats about it
Old 03-03-2005, 02:21 AM
TECH Junkie

is this like claiming no contest.. beacouse i know you can do this and get off the hook just by payig the fines BUT you gotta show up in court to plea no contest
Old 03-03-2005, 09:44 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i highly doubt most county clerks will hold off on the points just because you asked. i know my county definetly would not, they are total dicks.

and pleading no contest only works if you have a clean record previously, because its up to the judge. if you have multiple prior traffic violations, thejudge is not going to let you off the hook that easy, and will probably assess extra fines for wasting their time. trust me, ive seen it happen.

if youre a repeat offender like me, the guaranteed way to keep points off is to hire a traffic attorney. for a set fee, they show up in court for you and make sure that you get no points. a couple years ago i had 2 tickets in 6 months, and the first one i had already taken traffic school to avoid points. since youre not allowed to take traffic school more than once in 12 months, i paid $200 to a traffic attorney and he arranged it so i could take traffic school again, and not get any points. just had to pay my regular fine. thats a lot better than seeing my insurance rates go up again.

btw, for those that hate wasting 4hrs at traffic school........search for online traffic school.......you can take the course online, its easy as hell. they still time the course so it lasts 4hrs, but you can watch tv or something while you let the computer sit there, you just have to take a test at the end.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:22 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

What really sucks is when you've been to "school" for the max allowed. After that the points accrue....
I can't understand for the life of me how someone can hire an attorney and circumvent the (sic) law. That makes every honest person look like a criminal in the eyes of the corrupt judicial system, I guess...unless you hire one of their brother legal ******.
Shakespeare was right, I guess.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

my gov. teacher is a smart guy, this is what he told our class (i have yet to try it). he says that for a cop to shoot radar at you, they have to have probable cause. like, counting the time it takes for you to cross two points etc, then he can shoot you. most speed traps use 2 tree's or something and they say they based your speed off the time it takes to get from tree 1 to tree 2, but it its some jackass just shooting you, just be nice and ask him what is cause was for shooting you with a gun. if he tries to make something up take him to court, you have nothing to lose. my teacher got off the day before because there is construction on the street my college's on and they lowered the speed limit to like 25, and just randomly shoot people, its on a hilly road so there is no way for a cop to judge your speed.

again, this is just what i was told i have no experiance with it.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Staging Lane

ok, a cop can run radar at random, old radar guns are active running the whole time they are turned on and the new ones you can run passive radar where you can just pull the trigger then let go and the radar stops when you let go. also laser and radar are thrown off by fog and rain. and laser needs a direct line of sight to be accurate. I just graduated a police academy in florida back in december 2004. Just to let you know a cop doesnt need probable cause (PC) to hit you with radar or laser. PC is only needed to make and arrest. So PC is NOT needed when running radar or laser.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LSONE
my gov. teacher is a smart guy, this is what he told our class (i have yet to try it). he says that for a cop to shoot radar at you, they have to have probable cause. like, counting the time it takes for you to cross two points etc, then he can shoot you. most speed traps use 2 tree's or something and they say they based your speed off the time it takes to get from tree 1 to tree 2, but it its some jackass just shooting you, just be nice and ask him what is cause was for shooting you with a gun. if he tries to make something up take him to court, you have nothing to lose. my teacher got off the day before because there is construction on the street my college's on and they lowered the speed limit to like 25, and just randomly shoot people, its on a hilly road so there is no way for a cop to judge your speed.

again, this is just what i was told i have no experiance with it.

complete and utter BS........your gov teach needs to stick to gov and not trying to mangle students brains about the law.

cop needs absolutely no reason to radar your car.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:05 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

You can request "Adjuication to be withheld" to just pay the fines and get no points. I learned this by being very polite and cooperative to a FHP officer one fine Sunday afternoon. He told me about this as a little bonus for my attitude. I've done it twice.

Quick Reply: Paying Traffic Tickets-getting no points