Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

To MRR23 aka Vinci nutswinger

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 10:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To MRR23 aka Vinci nutswinger

bring your car to the track this Friday.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:10 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

He hurt the motor on his white car but I have a silver car for ya.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:14 PM
10 Second Club

oh that's too bad..

what is the word on your red car mang?
Old 09-29-2005, 07:31 AM
10 Second Club

you can't comprehend the statement i see. plus, there's no need to bring vendors in on this. just between you and me.

Originally Posted by mrr23
so, whenever you get your car (or driver for that matter) actually working correctly, and i finish the wife's car, let's say we go at it?
both cars have issues. motor in the wife's. trans in mine. i could put two together and make a good one. just ain't happening this friday. wife's car should be ready by first week of november. and i'll be more than happy to race you.

again, all work done to my cars done by me. can't say the same for you though. you might as well go out friday and practice your driving skills.

but, if you want to bring vendors in on this:
as far as quick cars go
10 second 4 cylinder NA back in the 70s

as far as LS1 cars go pick one from the list
http://vincihighperformance.com/CORV...HOMEPARENT.htm

vinci's z06 that was running 9.80s over 3 years ago. too bad it kept breaking main trans shafts.

john reese's 9.80 corvette

but not everyone that has vinci work on their car runs at the drag strip.

mike edstrom's corvette. currently points leader in the autocrossing venue he races in. even had a write up of his car in corvette enthusiasts.

for fun, here's an f-body for you
http://vincihighperformance.com/ls1main.htm

mark wodtli winner of the ACCO modifed class.

so, you're right. vinci doesn't build fast ls1s. they build winning ls1s.

Last edited by mrr23; 09-29-2005 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:05 PM
10 Second Club

since when does poor track prep especially at Spinworld have to do with driving skills? Here's the facts: Haven't driven that car in 9 months. Track prep sucked that night as usual despite lining up in the groove. The car is detuned cause its running out of fuel up top. I'm only shifting at 6 grand. So I think pedaling the car to a 11.7 @ 120 is not too bad for the first time out. I was on a drag radial with my 18's in the front, no weight reduction, just the way I drive it on the street.. Weather conditions were 87% humidity that night, 85 degrees. Hmm so what's that tell me, my car has a lot more in it and is plenty capable of doing much better. In fact it has done better in the past at a track that hooks. Even someone like you should be able to comprehend that.
I ain't hiding nothing, hell I even posted my shitty numbers here on tech. I got no excuses and got nothing to hide.

you bring up stuff from the 70's?? you make me laugh.

I have no problem dropping my car off to Mike at Next Level and letting someone work on my car who consistently turn out fast cars. Don't hate cause ya can't afford to do that.

I don't have to embellish Norris's credentials he's already proven himself time and time again.

I guess working on your car has done you real good, breaking the trans on one car and the motor on the other.
Oh and guess what ? One of Mike's cars is in Corvette magazine in this month's issue.

To make things more even lets run at Bradenton where it actually hooks so no one can use the excuse they spun off the line.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
To make things more even lets run at Bradenton where it actually hooks so no one can use the excuse they spun off the line.
Speaking of Bradenton, I heard this guy is gonna be at our track rental in december, is that true, who is he?
Old 09-29-2005, 06:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Speaking of Bradenton, I heard this guy is gonna be at our track rental in december, is that true, who is he?
yes, i'll be at the dec 17th track rental. i'm a nobody. just ask everybody.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:42 PM
10 Second Club

since when does poor track prep especially at Spinworld have to do with driving skills?
all i said was pratice your driving skills. and don't blame OSW. if i can get 1.76 in my old 86TA with tiny 225/60-15 regular tires, it's not the track. i'll agree, not every night is a good night there.

Here's the facts: Haven't driven that car in 9 months. Track prep sucked that night as usual despite lining up in the groove. The car is detuned cause its running out of fuel up top. I'm only shifting at 6 grand. So I think pedaling the car to a 11.7 @ 120 is not too bad for the first time out. I was on a drag radial with my 18's in the front, no weight reduction, just the way I drive it on the street.. Weather conditions were 87% humidity that night, 85 degrees. Hmm so what's that tell me, my car has a lot more in it and is plenty capable of doing much better. In fact it has done better in the past at a track that hooks. Even someone like you should be able to comprehend that.
i comprehend just fine. i just don't give reasons why i'm slow. i live with whatever the car does that day. both of my cars are full weight as driven on the streets. 17s on my car to boot as well. both still have front swaybars. spare tires, yada, yada, yada.

I ain't hiding nothing, hell I even posted my shitty numbers here on tech. I got no excuses and got nothing to hide.
no one said you did.

you bring up stuff from the 70's?? you make me laugh.
it just only shows that vinci has been running faster, than most of us here. and if you take time to read, he's won plenty of championships and set many records. you just choose not to accept it. you brought it up by saying they suck. you, obviously, have some beef with vinci. what is it? ever been there? or are you just going by what you've heard? i've been to norris' shop. both of them. talked to him as well.

I have no problem dropping my car off to Mike at Next Level and letting someone work on my car who consistently turn out fast cars. Don't hate cause ya can't afford to do that.
affording has nothing to do with it. i have TWO 11 second cars to your one. that speaks money enough for me. i'm just smarter than you with my money is all. what's laughable is how much money you put into your car to only run 120 traps. the same as the wife's car. hell, my car went 121 before the converter. dollar for dollar, your car makes less power than mine. period.

I don't have to embellish Norris's credentials he's already proven himself time and time again.
i never brought mike into this. you did. and who says i'm embellishing? you can go into the record books and find all he did. again, there's no need to bring vendors into this. it's between you and me. i'm not making this a shop vs shop debate. it's advise-able you don't either. it won't do either shop well. after all, vinci hasn't built either of my cars.

I guess working on your car has done you real good, breaking the trans on one car and the motor on the other.
just means i make more power than you do. at least i can work on my cars unlike you. and i'm not afraid to run my car as hard as i can. guess it goes back to the affording thing. so, maybe you shouldn't hate on not affording to run your car. being scared to run it full out. pulling the 'i pedalled it' speech. her car runs 121. and that's on stock cam and converter. unlike you, i still have things i can do to her car.

Oh and guess what ? One of Mike's cars is in Corvette magazine in this month's issue.
yes i know larry skipper as well. like you said ONE of mike's cars. my only reason for bringing up some of vinci's accomplishments, is because of your vinci sucks comment. real good one right there. only you are trying to pit this as a shop vs shop deal. but hey, i don't blame you as you plainly advertise them in your sig. at least i don't do that with my sig.

i'm alright with that. also, run .400 pro tree. that way there's no crying over red lights. i'll even spring for a camera crew. that way you don't have to use what money you have. now how you wanna do this? best of three?
Old 09-29-2005, 08:00 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

yes, i'll be at the dec 17th track rental. i'm a nobody. just ask everybody.
I think your a good guy Robert, anyone that likes dragracing as much as me is cool in my book. I dont know why my friend Jeff decided to be such a jackass in this thread. As for Vinci I`ve met him several times and he seems like a nice guy and his shop has been around for many years.

P.S. Sorry I haven`t gotten that wallspray guy for ya, my dads bin in the hospital and I`ve gone there most nights for the last couple weeks.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

ah, no big deal. i don't lose any sleep over it. to me, it's all in fun. just gives me a reason to hurry up and finish the wife's car (either car for that matter) and race some more.

how's the silver car driving now after i aligned it?
Old 09-29-2005, 08:02 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

oh that's too bad..

what is the word on your red car mang?
Chill out Richie , I mean Jeff.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:19 PM
10 Second Club

your car is faster is than mine and makes more power yet traps one mile per hour faster than my detuned setup.. hmmmn Dollar for dollar huh, you ain't fast without your bottle my power is always there. You had to spray 175 to hit the 11's and you're proud about that? bet ya my friend Caveman can beat ya on motor versus your spraying. I'll let him speak for himself.

You are constantly throwing your 2 cents about Vinci every post you make here. You don't see me pushing NLP and trying to push his product on every post. You on the other hand do. Yea he's in my sig, every other person has their shop in their sig what's your point. I need to remove it to make you feel better??

And saying i'm not afraid to run it all out? Well last year running it at Bradenton where it went 11.2 back to back, I hurt the motor, hence the new bottom end.

These are facts not excuses: My motor literally just got redone 2 weeks before i brang it out to play. The motor's hardly broken in.
The track was not hooking. The track was not prepped. Hell there were fucken ricers pulling water all the way to the line. And yea I did pedal it. Ask zoom z he was there having the same problems as me running the same times. The car didn't sit down till mid track. 500 plus hp Cobras were having the same problem. you wanna say its the driver , whatever that's your ignorance. I know plenty well what my car can do and what she's capable of. 120 mph detuned should be indication of what the car can do cause it ain't at its full potential. You think my car is all out, that is funny, its a supercharger with a forged bottom end on 8 lbs. Its not near what it could be.

I"ve cut 1.6 AND 1.7 short times there when the track was prepped a little on Nittos.

I really wanted to show you tomorrow how slow my car really is.

Since you are so proud of the fact that you wrench on your own cars why don't you swap the tranny out to the good running car and lets run.

You can bring your camera crew.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep it friendly guys.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:24 PM
10 Second Club

might as well lock it, cause it will get ugly.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cant control yourself, huh
Old 09-29-2005, 08:27 PM
TECH Junkie

You're both slow. There, I said it.

Old 09-29-2005, 08:31 PM
10 Second Club

i have no doubt caveman can beat me. but, why bring someone else in on this?

you aren't fast without your blower? what's your point? and it's 200 n2o on the black one. stupid me, the first mod i did was transfer the bottle from my 86TA to this car. all stock, and i mean all stock right down to the 245/50-16 goodyear tires, with 200 n2o went 11.97. so, how much money did it take you to get into the 11s?

wow, you broke your car too, huh? now, we're in the same club.

whatever, dude. your car's fast, just you aren't. you're doing nothing more than making excuses why it didn't run quicker. you don't hear me making excuses. the car runs what it runs. that's ok, i know my slow car can't beat you quick car. that's impossible, right? oh wait, i did beat a certain 383 corvette awhile back that was .6 quicker than me. and before we get all whiny about that night, he beat me as well. all that matters is who gets the win light.

i guess you forget real easily. i said i could swap trans, just not going to happen by tomorrow. plus, it's my only transportation right now. be really stupid to go and race and crap that one out as well don't you think? you don't do much thinking ahead do you? as of this point, you don't rank anywhere on my care list.

so, november at bradenton runday sunday? you going to answer me?

i'm alright with that. also, run .400 pro tree. that way there's no crying over red lights. i'll even spring for a camera crew. that way you don't have to use what money you have. now how you wanna do this? best of three?
Old 09-29-2005, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by next

Yeah and I am slowR
Old 09-29-2005, 08:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Country Boy
Keep it friendly guys.
i am. i don't know if he is. i don't take anything he says personally. i know my TWO cars are slower than his ONE car. i just know i'm faster. at least on the keyboard right now you know me, i'm just a **** talker. can't ever back it up. a regular keyboard warrior.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by next
if i could drag my *** like you do yours. bumper that is. how did the front suspension take it when it came down anyway?