Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

1 mile shootout.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 08:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 1 mile shootout.

I've been reading about 1 mile shoot outs for years now but,...never seen one locally.

This is more "my" style racing,...as the quarter ile is cool,...just not cool enough.

Anyone have an idea of how to organize something like this?

How to get it started?

I'm willing to do what I can, as well as alot of friends, to get something like this rolling but, it seems like they are leaving it up to me.

Maybe close down a road, like 27th on a sunday, or something. That would be badass. Even if it was ONLY time trials, and not racing someone.

Anyways,..let me know what you think,...as I need to do this soon, otherwise, I keep driving like this on the street,...i'll be in jail. Again.

J
Old 10-19-2005, 08:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you talking about doing this legally? I remember we used to do our own almost-legal 'test-n-tuning' on US 27 back in the day when I was still living in Ft Laudedale, but I don't see how you'll be able to do this legally. That would be a blast though!
Old 10-19-2005, 09:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Turo
Are you talking about doing this legally? I remember we used to do our own almost-legal 'test-n-tuning' on US 27 back in the day when I was still living in Ft Laudedale, but I don't see how you'll be able to do this legally. That would be a blast though!

Right,..it would be bad ***.

I would like to do it legally, for a change.

I understand the delay it would cause but, if they can close down certain highways across america for this type of event, why not here?

I'm serious too. I really wnat to do this. If I have to search for sponsers, I will.

J
Old 10-19-2005, 09:23 AM
10 Second Club

if you want a top end race go to Tampa, just make sure you bring enough.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM

Tampa sucks, dude. I have no problems here, in south florida,...home of the ROLL RACE....I just want to do it legally for a change.

I think you misunderstand this post.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea tampa sucks. we have nothing that could touch your 396 rwhp car

getting the insurance for a flying mile race gonna be outragous. better have a few million dollars in coverage.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
yea tampa sucks. we have nothing that could touch your 396 rwhp car

getting the insurance for a flying mile race gonna be outragous. better have a few million dollars in coverage.

Tampa does suck, compaired to here buddy. Been to tampa plenty of times. ..and my 396 rear wheel horsepower car, is more then enough for most cars, but, if you think I am going to stop at a mere 400 whp, your not to bright. I have an LS6,..i'm building,..as well as a tool box full of turbo's and unlimited suppiles and tools. Sounds like you have a ricer view of life.

Haveing friends, in high places,...will help me with certain money coverages. Maybe you didn't read the part where I would look for sponsers.

Thanks again dude. Typical tampa dude, to be negative.

Thanks for your reply...it was noted...and then denoted.

Maybe you don't realize this would be good for all of us...
Old 10-19-2005, 11:07 AM
10 Second Club

this is gonna get good now.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Way to insult the Florida Forum director. That'll gain you support.

But like was said earlier, if you want to do it legally and can find a way for the city/county/etc to shut down a length of road, you are going to have to have insurance to cover everyone that participates. And that premium is going to be huge.

And to find insurance you'd have to have the road inspected to determine if it is safe or not, hire police for barracades, security.

It would seem easier to build your own mile long track than to try this.

Luke
Old 10-19-2005, 11:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98BirdLS1
Way to insult the Florida Forum director. That'll gain you support.

But like was said earlier, if you want to do it legally and can find a way for the city/county/etc to shut down a length of road, you are going to have to have insurance to cover everyone that participates. And that premium is going to be huge.

And to find insurance you'd have to have the road inspected to determine if it is safe or not, hire police for barracades, security.

It would seem easier to build your own mile long track than to try this.

Luke

No flames intended dude. Really. Just would like to get something together. I belive I have plenty of people to back this,...and I think all florida members should be interested.

I understand completely what you are saying, and I have thought about it for sometime. I'll continue to look into it. As I said before, it would benefit **ALL** of us.

And again, no flame but, he started it, with his "396 car comment". Regardless of who he is....
Old 10-19-2005, 11:45 AM
10 Second Club

Just curious how would this benefit all of us...

This will never happen btw. You need to go to the Bonneville Salt Flats if you want to do a mile/top speed run.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Just curious how would this benefit all of us...

This will never happen btw. You need to go to the Bonneville Salt Flats if you want to do a mile/top speed run.

Well...since we live in FLORIDA....and well. . . nevermind.

Bonneville is too far away.

Don't be soo close minded dude,...you never know.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:34 PM
On The Tree

There is one in North Carolina. I know its not Florida but its a bit closer than Utah. They run at an old airport so no roads have to be shut down. Ill try to find the link. Tech wasn't outrageous if I remember correctly.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Tampa does suck, compaired to here buddy. Been to tampa plenty of times. ..and my 396 rear wheel horsepower car, is more then enough for most cars, but, if you think I am going to stop at a mere 400 whp, your not to bright. I have an LS6,..i'm building,..as well as a tool box full of turbo's and unlimited suppiles and tools. Sounds like you have a ricer view of life.

Haveing friends, in high places,...will help me with certain money coverages. Maybe you didn't read the part where I would look for sponsers.

Thanks again dude. Typical tampa dude, to be negative.

Thanks for your reply...it was noted...and then denoted.

Maybe you don't realize this would be good for all of us...
I live in South Fla currently, and lived in Tampa Bay for 10 years. I would pick Tampa Bay anyday. I can't wait to move back. Judging by your posts, you dont know dick about Tampa, and you are a typical south florida jackass. And then bringing up the "king of the roll races" yea dude, you belong down here, where racing is a joke.

And you saying sombody else has a ricer view of life, now thats funny. Especially right after running your mouth then talking about a motor that you are "building".
Old 10-19-2005, 01:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Is there a long track in Tampa? Or are you just saying they have some fast top end cars in Tampa?
Old 10-19-2005, 01:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WS666
I live in South Fla currently, and lived in Tampa Bay for 10 years. I would pick Tampa Bay anyday. I can't wait to move back. Judging by your posts, you dont know dick about Tampa, and you are a typical south florida jackass. And then bringing up the "king of the roll races" yea dude, you belong down here, where racing is a joke.

And you saying sombody else has a ricer view of life, now thats funny. Especially right after running your mouth then talking about a motor that you are "building".

LOL. Wow. Thanks for your insight on life,..and what you think. I'm glad you lived in tampa,..good for you. To give you some insight, on south florida....your streets/highways are nowhere near as long, or as wide as ours. Sorry but, the truth. Everyone down here, with big power, seems to only want to go form a roll,..so,...you not living here, I wouldn't expect you to understand anyways. Personally, I like a roll, or a dig.

As far as what I am building,..actually, I am a technician,...for a living....I installed and do all the work on my vette... I am currently putting in a K-member and 402 LS2 stroker in an 2000 ws6...I'm about to isntall a stroker motor in a CTS-V, that I picked out, and had built. I have installed about 30 superchargers on various cars,...I have installed 4 turbocharger kits.....I am building a motor....just waiting on the right setup.... Do I go turbo, or do I go nitrous?.....thats the question I ask myself daily, bucky.

Whatever it is you think you know about me,...doesn't bother me one bit. You can talk **** over the internet until your little fingers fall off. I make money at what I do,...and I am good at what I do. I'm not gonna sit here and debate on what you think is right, and what you think is wrong. Nor do I care about your opinion.

Grow up dude,...if you dont like south florida, cool,..don't come here. I don't go to tampa.... dork.

Now back on topic.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
LOL. Wow. Thanks for your insight on life,..and what you think. I'm glad you lived in tampa,..good for you. To give you some insight, on south florida....your streets/highways are nowhere near as long, or as wide as ours. Sorry but, the truth. Everyone down here, with big power, seems to only want to go form a roll,..so,...you not living here, I wouldn't expect you to understand anyways. Personally, I like a roll, or a dig.

As far as what I am building,..actually, I am a technician,...for a living....I installed and do all the work on my vette... I am currently putting in a K-member and 402 LS2 stroker in an 2000 ws6...I'm about to isntall a stroker motor in a CTS-V, that I picked out, and had built. I have installed about 30 superchargers on various cars,...I have installed 4 turbocharger kits.....I am building a motor....just waiting on the right setup.... Do I go turbo, or do I go nitrous?.....thats the question I ask myself daily, bucky.

Whatever it is you think you know about me,...doesn't bother me one bit. You can talk **** over the internet until your little fingers fall off. I make money at what I do,...and I am good at what I do. I'm not gonna sit here and debate on what you think is right, and what you think is wrong. Nor do I care about your opinion.

Grow up dude,...if you dont like south florida, cool,..don't come here. I don't go to tampa.... dork.

Now back on topic.
Couldnt even comprehend my first sentence could you? Yeah, you are pretty sharp.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WS666
Couldnt even comprehend my first sentence could you? Yeah, you are pretty sharp.

Hey richard, mind if I call you DICK?... That is your name righT?

Nice comeback by the way junior.

Now,..back on topic.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:28 PM
10 Second Club

Here we go with some more "I got bigger ***** than you" crap. My god cant we all just get along and understand we all have a love for our cars and speed in particular.
The whole idea of a race like this is to me a little over the top but I do know that anyone with enough money and enough backing can do just about anything. Would this benefit me personally, no I doubt it as I dont have big enough ***** to do a race like that. (1/4 mile ? Hell yeah anytime. But legally of course at a track.) I just think all this "I live here" and "this city sucks" crap belongs somewhere else (perhaps a playground).
Old 10-19-2005, 02:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Swedez28
Here we go with some more "I got bigger ***** than you" crap. My god cant we all just get along and understand we all have a love for our cars and speed in particular.
The whole idea of a race like this is to me a little over the top but I do know that anyone with enough money and enough backing can do just about anything. Would this benefit me personally, no I doubt it as I dont have big enough ***** to do a race like that. (1/4 mile ? Hell yeah anytime. But legally of course at a track.) I just think all this "I live here" and "this city sucks" crap belongs somewhere else (perhaps a playground).

Thank you. and I agree 110%.

Quick Reply: 1 mile shootout.