Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

What is the best city in Florida to move to?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by landstuhltaylor
i dont really remember too well. i know the area around the shands hospital was really trashy, the kind of place where every store has bars on the doors and windows. the only reason would ever step foot in that city was because the next closest ice rink was in daytona and everyone once in a while i would see the local semi-pro team play.
thats called the northside/springfield and you DONT go there unless youve got a badge or your packing.....

ive been to new york and some places are really rough....but florida can hold its own in terms of ghettos....

when i was in the academy here we worked with some of the jso guys on the northside...you just ride down the street and hear gun shots, they stand on the corners passin drugs right in front of you....wanna see if your in shape enough to chase them...

BUT north florida probably has some of the nicest areas in the state...as in not built up....st. augustine gets my vote for the prettiest laid back city in florida....ive lived in florida all my life and ive watched it grow, people come and go....and i dont think i could south of orlando....it doesnt even really seem like florida anymore....way to crowded, way to many people not from florida, and cost way to much.... but if ya wanna move down there...be my guest
Old 09-27-2006, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plus there's no surf in south Florida, save for the one or two days a year a hurricane swell hits it just right and it gets huge.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
I lived in St. Augustine and LOVED it. I have been living in lake Mary and LOVED it. Now, I don't love either place much anymore ... too overcrowded now ... going back to East Tennessee or Western North Carolina in 8 years to permanently retire. It was just announced today that ORLANDO FLORIDA is THE ANGRIEST CITY IN AMERICA. Guess who followed suit? Yep, NEW YORK, NEW YORK.

So, both you guys are 'on the money' .... both places suck when it comes to being overcrowded and a shitty place to live. Still like some things about Florida, though.

At least I'll have a place to park, which is where most of my anger for the damn place comes from and plus, I don't have to worry about snow!!!

Last edited by Roarin_8; 09-27-2006 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Caswell
Plus there's no surf in south Florida, save for the one or two days a year a hurricane swell hits it just right and it gets huge.

i 2nd that....i know the inlet down by melbourne has a good break....and up here we have 3 or 4 good spots that break at 3-4 feet on a very consistant basis....when a hurricane comes by they can be triple that...a week and a half ago...we have 6-7...it was a surf till you drown of exhaustion day
Old 09-27-2006, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

okay, here was my experience.
the good:
i had a lot of great friends in st. augustine. i met some people who took me in when my grandparents threw me out of the house. they were true rednecks. the father owned a mid 70's chevy fullsize pickup with 454 and a 12 inch lift. when that motor blew he bought a beater boat and pulled the fully functional 454 from it and swapped it into the truck. they had about 6 4-wheelers. the son had a yamaha raptor and put about 6k into it. when his back got screwed up from riding he traded it for a 1969 firebird with a 455 in it. they plan to seel the 'bird and pool their resources to buy a t-bucket.
the bad:
my mom worked at shands hospital and therefore had to drive through that shithole northside twice per day. when i was in 7th grade i was arrested in school. why? i was sent to the school cop because i was in a spat with my teacher whom i shared mutual hatred for. when i tossed my bag against the cops filing cabinet, he jumped me from behind and proceeded to arrest me. i, a 12 year old, was charged with disruption of school function, battery on an officer, and battery on a school employee (said teacher thought it necessary to lend a hand ) i went to juvy for 21 days. while i was there i met a 17 year old in for the same period for the crime of breaking up a fight and subsequently getting kicked in the nads. when the police got him the pulled the same brutality ****. when i did see a judge, the case was dismissed, but only after i had been locked up for 3 weeks. there was alot of bullshit that went on down there but this pretty much sums it up.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

^^^ do you have any other exp. in jville besides the glories northside?
Old 09-28-2006, 01:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pushinfreight
Miami is really expensive and you really need to know some spanish.
It should never have to be that way.... needing to know some spanish in America of all places. Frickin un-asimilating foreigners.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

whats funny is i was called racist for thinkin the way u do ^^^^
Old 09-28-2006, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by staringback05
^^^ do you have any other exp. in jville besides the glories northside?
just the southside where the skate world was.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

ahhh damn the skate world.....my mom broke her wrist there when i was like 15, i think some of the citys in big bend are pretty nice...reallly laid back places
Old 09-28-2006, 03:00 PM
On The Tree

when a hurricane comes by they can be triple that...a week and a half ago...we have 6-7...it was a surf till you drown of exhaustion day
Florence was kind to Brevard's surfers. First overhead surf I've had in 10 years. Good to be out of Michigan and back in my home state
Old 09-28-2006, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

no bad mouthing skateworld! the only other place i could play hockey was all the way down to daytona
Old 09-28-2006, 07:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol i wasnt bad mouthing it....just brought back memories...
Old 09-28-2006, 10:19 PM
FormerVendor

i 2nd that....i know the inlet down by melbourne has a good break....and up here we have 3 or 4 good spots that break at 3-4 feet on a very consistant basis....when a hurricane comes by they can be triple that...a week and a half ago...we have 6-7...it was a surf till you drown of exhaustion day
Sebastian Inlet. Other than that, it is a giant wading pool. I don't see how Cocoa has 2 major surf competitions a year.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

sebastian inlet...bingo .....i got one of my boards from a guy down there...erie peeples....i love that thing....more sharks down there to.....
Old 09-29-2006, 06:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by VSGLS1
Sebastian Inlet. Other than that, it is a giant wading pool. I don't see how Cocoa has 2 major surf competitions a year.
Only in the summer, when you depend on hurricane swells. Winters are nice - lots of days with waist to chest high waves. If you're a spastic shortboarder who refuses to ride a longboard, yeah, it can be bad. For those of us who've given in to the longboard, there's plenty of surf.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

longboard = shortboard = weve got some nice breaks here in NEFL
Old 09-29-2006, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

umm... there are no winters. just summer and fall/spring
Old 09-30-2006, 03:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

thats why we dont have any stickies in here explaining how to store the car in winter in florida....
Old 09-30-2006, 07:09 AM
FormerVendor

I rearely drive my car in the summer. The daily thunderstorms also paly into that decision, plut the 95* heat and high humidity is miserable.

Quick Reply: What is the best city in Florida to move to?