Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

NoBull Nationals Bradenton Sat April 22 4pm

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Queen
Yes I agree. Even though our cars run stronge we are no match for what we seen Saturday. But for me it was supose to be for fun. LOL but Devon and i did good. I think anyways. For what we both have in our cars.
Exactly, you guys did do good .........but out of those cars aside from the dually and the pickup truck, you two are probably the only ones that can and do drive distances out of the highly modified cars. Devon rides up 30 miles just to come hang out with us and drives even further to the track he never trailers the car there. Cars like Cavemans isn't running 8 or 9 seconds so to me to line up to an 9 second car to make one pass after driving 30 miles is a waste you know you aren't going to go a next round. I know it's all in fun and thats what is should be about.

I don't see why 2 classes would be a bad thing. You can have a heavy hitters class of 8-9 second cars and maybe one for 10-11 second cars, atleast make the competition closer, close races are more entertaining for both the drivers and the spectators.

That's all I am saying.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:26 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Yes I agree. Even though our cars run stronge we are no match for what we seen Saturday. But for me it was supose to be for fun. LOL but Devon and i did good. I think anyways. For what we both have in our cars.
You and Devon did well on Sat, without those wheelies by both of you in 2nd round one or both of you could have gone to the semi`s. Paula I think if you would have left your car on the same launch as 1st round you would have had that 2nd race. And you could have beat Shanes Mustang in 3rd round also with a light.
I agree with Eric, NoBull is supposed to be the fastset car wins but many NoBulls in the past have been won by slower cars with good luck or better driving.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

How is a slower car going to win unless an 8 second car gets out of shape and backs out of it, or has an engine issue? Dave, I heard you pass a comment to us about what you were lined up against.....it sounded to me like you didn't like that at all. Maybe I am wrong?

Well maybe the people who enter know what they are up against, so really it shouldn't matter I guess.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:33 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by racer88
Exactly, you guys did do good .........but out of those cars aside from the dually and the pickup truck, you two are probably the only ones that can and do drive distances out of the highly modified cars. Devon rides up 30 miles just to come hang out with us and drives even further to the track he never trailers the car there. Cars like Cavemans isn't running 8 or 9 seconds so to me to line up to an 9 second car to make one pass after driving 30 miles is a waste you know you aren't going to go a next round. I know it's all in fun and thats what is should be about.

I don't see why 2 classes would be a bad thing. You can have a heavy hitters class of 8-9 second cars and maybe one for 10-11 second cars, atleast make the competition closer, close races are more entertaining for both the drivers and the spectators.

That's all I am saying.
Claire, they are doing the NoBull races at Lakeland with those two classes. Hopefully you guys(including Devon) can make the race there on Sat May 13. You just have to run DOT /dragradials for the slower class.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:34 PM
9 Second Club

That's all I am saying.
Yeap I do think they should be 2 classes. Like LMSP has. I think it would make us want to enter more of them. If we go to every one and don't ever win it may get old to us. Street cars should be on DOT in certain events. hell as people seen my DOT tires hook like a SOB.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:34 PM
TECH Junkie

That's all I am saying.

Understood. But what you're saying emphasizes what I'm against in this format. Class racing. There's plenty of events folks can go and class race in. Leave this one what it is -

If some folks don't want to build their car to this level, I'm fine with that. Again, my point is don't dillute the fastest heads up racing.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by next
Understood. But what you're saying emphasizes what I'm against in this format. Class racing. There's plenty of events folks can go and class race in. Leave this one what it is -

If some folks don't want to build their car to this level, I'm fine with that. Again, my point is don't dillute the fastest heads up racing.
It's not intended to dillute anything. As I said maybe there can be 2 divisions as Paula said Lakeland has. I am not trying to change anything it was a suggestion is all.

I am more than happy bracket racing, and lining up with an occasional close race with a buddy.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:40 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

How is a slower car going to win unless an 8 second car gets out of shape and backs out of it, or has an engine issue?

Well maybe the people who enter know what they are up against, so really it shouldn't matter I guess.
I was hoping that 9sec car I ran in 1st round would redlight or get out of shape.
I ran my red Formula at the OSW Street Nats last year, best run was 10.21. I made 4 qualifing runs against 8sec and low 9sec cars and won 3 out of 4 races due to their problems.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:45 PM
9 Second Club

It's not intended to dillute anything. As I said maybe there can be 2 divisions as Paula said Lakeland has. I am not trying to change anything it was a suggestion is all.

I am more than happy bracket racing, and lining up with an occasional close race with a buddy.

I agree. My car is far from a race car. Some of those cars were flat out race cars. I consider my car a TRUE Street Car. As claires we can get in ours and go up north if we want. As Devon said he can drive his just not comfortable. LOL
All I wanted was a TRUE street daily driven fast azz car and I got it.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Caveman
I was hoping that 9sec car I ran in 1st round would redlight or get out of shape.
I ran my red Formula at the OSW Street Nats last year, best run was 10.21. I made 4 qualifing runs against 8sec and low 9sec cars and won 3 out of 4 races due to their problems.
I know what you meant when people encounter problems that's cool too I did that one time and checked out on a guy at Outlaw Street Drags I bet alot of peeps lost money that day in the stands.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:47 PM
TECH Junkie

C,

I'm not trying to jump your post and don't mean to come off that way. You know you and I are tight. However, I'm VERY passionate about this topic though.

Paula and Devon are plenty competitive enough to run this class. I know a 10.0 car that won it all before. Like Dave said, you never know in heads up racing.

My beef is that too many folks want cars to slow down so they can compete. I supported the series for almost 2 years working at these events until I felt I could compete. That's just me.

BTW, you'd be surprised how some of the local heavy hitters can cruise their cars all over.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree. My car is far from a race car. Some of those cars were flat out race cars. I consider my car a TRUE Street Car. As claires we can get in ours and go up north if we want. As Devon said he can drive his just not comfortable. LOL
All I wanted was a TRUE street daily driven fast azz car and I got it.
Yeah but I get better gas mileage I wonder though seeing I have no A/C is it really a street car?
Old 04-24-2006, 05:51 PM
9 Second Club

Yeah but I get better gas mileage I wonder though seeing I have no A/C is it really a street car?
I have no a/c right now been begging Greg to but it in and fix it. In the winter I didn't need it now Man those trips to Orlando once or twice a week is killer. LOL
Old 04-24-2006, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

C,

I'm not trying to jump your post and don't mean to come off that way. You know you and I are tight. However, I'm VERY passionate about this topic though.

Paula and Devon are plenty competitive enough to run this class. I know a 10.0 car that won it all before. Like Dave said, you never know in heads up racing.

My beef is that too many folks want cars to slow down so they can compete. I supported the series for almost 2 years working at these events until I felt I could compete. That's just me.

BTW, you'd be surprised how some of the local heavy hitters can cruise their cars all over.
Eric, I am right here with you on this. It's your thing, your dig and I respect that . I am happy running TNT lining up with Stangs and other Fbods alike.

I was just talking about it thinking it could be a cool thing. Maybe another event under another name can be created someday to draw a fun crowd to the track. I guess unless you run a Sportsman lane, you won't get any heads up racing--that's what I like the best. But for where I race, dial in and bracket racing is all that's there that's competitive for me at MY track. Guess I just need to hit other tracks more often.

I think it's cool to have you guys run 30 miles on slicks then hit the track.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:02 PM
9 Second Club

Well I had fun till the accident so guess thats all that matters to me really. Met some nice people too.
Yes anything can happen in a race.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:16 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm willing to bet if someone doesn't mind the headaches and bitchin', a heads up class for "true street" would be easy to organize. Nobody will make any money and it will be an ungrateful job, but it would draw cars. I'm sure a LOT more cars than the heavy hitters will ever see.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have no a/c right now been begging Greg to but it in and fix it. In the winter I didn't need it now Man those trips to Orlando once or twice a week is killer. LOL
We're gonna head to the shop tonight to check it out again. Sadly, out of all the motors the guys have pulled and put back in this was the first time an A/C unit housing cracked..........like you said if it were only January but it's almost summer!
Old 04-24-2006, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm willing to bet if someone doesn't mind the headaches and bitchin', a heads up class for "true street" would be easy to organize. Nobody will make any money and it will be an ungrateful job, but it would draw cars. I'm sure a LOT more cars than the heavy hitters will ever see.
Well it could be done and I am no amateur at pulling off an organized track rental. I may call Dave Lansberry and see if possibly we can try it once, Rx does it's Vette challenge mixed in with TNT I believe. I can give it a shot to see if this would be possible.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

On a side note: I am sure once the "guests" viewing our forum leak word to the track Mgr at Moroso about complaints of no prep.........the same **** will hit the fan and we won't be welcome back there. And again, tired of wasting $ weekly there sometimes twice a week (my household can spend $60 a week at times) I guess it would be a good thing, I'd have to head to BMP once or twice a month for 2 days of racing and maybe a 3rd if I hit up the TNT on Thursday night.

Funny, the guys said even the track announcer at BMP was making fun of Moroso because so many West Palm cars were there.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:36 PM
9 Second Club

NMCA had a true street class. 31 cars if I remember right. DOT tires and a 30 mile cruise instead of 20 miles

Quick Reply: NoBull Nationals Bradenton Sat April 22 4pm