Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Slo Mo Vid of scary wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 09:43 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slo Mo Vid of scary wheelie

here it is. gives me chills to see this one.

http://media.putfile.com/BumperBMPslomo

Last edited by LS1Queen; 04-23-2006 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:53 AM
TECH Resident

thats badass, did it hurt the car?
Old 04-24-2006, 09:06 AM
12 Second Club

That cant be good.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:19 AM
8 second mod

i was there, saw it happen. looked bad ***, but i know what happens with a tall wheel stand. that car should rip when its back online!!!
Old 04-24-2006, 11:49 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Daymn! Just thinking about adding wheelie bars now doesn't seem like an option...

Derek
Old 04-24-2006, 12:29 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Noyzee
i was there, saw it happen. looked bad ***, but i know what happens with a tall wheel stand. that car should rip when its back online!!!

Devon told us he saw you Saturday when we got to the hotel. Greg and I kept an eye open for you Sunday was you there?
Old 04-24-2006, 02:49 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by LS1Queen
Devon told us he saw you Saturday when we got to the hotel. Greg and I kept an eye open for you Sunday was you there?
no, i went saterday, i didnt get there till like 5 pm, probably about 1/2 hour befor your wheelie!!!
Old 04-24-2006, 03:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DAMN! 3 tires off the ground
Old 04-24-2006, 03:14 PM
9 Second Club

no, i went saterday, i didnt get there till like 5 pm, probably about 1/2 hour befor your wheelie!!!

Ok.. Well you were unable to bring the car but atleast you got a good show. LOL
Have a spare tranny and the Oil pan willl be here tomorrow. But then the full assement starts . Just hope its not as bad as Redlines. Scary part I landed alot harder then he did it looks like from the videos and he hurt some stuff. I have watched my video and his over and over . Not a good ideal!
Old 04-24-2006, 03:33 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by LS1Queen
Ok.. Well you were unable to bring the car but atleast you got a good show. LOL
Have a spare tranny and the Oil pan willl be here tomorrow. But then the full assement starts . Just hope its not as bad as Redlines. Scary part I landed alot harder then he did it looks like from the videos and he hurt some stuff. I have watched my video and his over and over . Not a good ideal!
haha, my car isnt ready yet anyway. about a month.
as for what got hurt, id have to say staying into it probably did the most damage, we put a car up last season, but got out of it, pulled over, and shut it down, nothing happend. just the oil pan. thats it. we pulled it apart and all, nothing!
good luck, hope its not too bad.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:48 PM
9 Second Club

as for what got hurt, id have to say staying into it probably did the most damage, we put a car up last season, but got out of it, pulled over, and shut it down, nothing happend. just the oil pan. thats it. we pulled it apart and all, nothing!
Honestly I believe that was fear. I remembering being stiff and scared shitless. After the rear view mirror hit me I remember thinking I didn't flip. I looked in the drivers side mirror for a split second and didn't see smoke, but now we know why It was turned directly towards the hatch. Don't know if the landing jolted it or what but it wasn't like that on the drive to BMP. My rear view was sitting in my lap after it hit me in the helmet( head) Now I know what they mean by Frozen with Fear!
Old 04-24-2006, 06:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Paula,

Glad you're OK. Wheelie bars will be a nice addition for a safety feature, but they aren't intended to use to stop the car from going up. That will only unload the rear tires and cause them to go up in smoke. Travel limiters are your friend.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:09 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by next
Paula,

Glad you're OK. Wheelie bars will be a nice addition for a safety feature, but they aren't intended to use to stop the car from going up. That will only unload the rear tires and cause them to go up in smoke. Travel limiters are your friend.
Oh those are going on.. Greg was too busy at the shop.
We didn't think she do this with the way she had been running. I just wanted to run te class for fun anyways. My mistake. LOL
Old 04-24-2006, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's funny of all times the rear view falls off the glass. Sorry but atleast you had a helmet on
Old 04-24-2006, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

I was yelling the whole time get out of it (like she could hear me) At first my thoughts was its toast as hard as it hit i thought the pan shattered but it turns out the pan has a small spot that was damaged meaning that it should have had oil in it through the run, when I got to the car about 10 min later there was still oil leaking from the pan so I think the motor is ok, All the smoke was the tail shaft on the tranny broke spilling tranny fluid I'm still trying to figure out how it broke, But owell we will post the damage report in a day or two.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:34 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by ChevPower
I was yelling the whole time get out of it (like she could hear me) At first my thoughts was its toast as hard as it hit i thought the pan shattered but it turns out the pan has a small spot that was damaged meaning that it should have had oil in it through the run, when I got to the car about 10 min later there was still oil leaking from the pan so I think the motor is ok, All the smoke was the tail shaft on the tranny broke spilling tranny fluid I'm still trying to figure out how it broke, But owell we will post the damage report in a day or two.
haha, yhea, thats good that it didnt dump it all!!
good luck with the fix.

Eric, i had no limiters on mine, i got lucky once, i thought i was going up, but it stopped just in time, but it always landed good, i always just layed into it and hoped for the best. lol
i think with the glide going in, and some weight removed, i will be doing limiters this year.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:44 PM
9 Second Club

LS1Queen you got SYA bars on that thing from madman???? I'm wondering how they fared in that situtation since i'm buying mine in a few weeks....
Old 04-25-2006, 07:46 PM
TECH Junkie

The SYA bars are made to take damage, not withstand it. The idea is you break those and not the expensive stuff. Expect one crash landing on them and then get a new set.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:09 PM
9 Second Club

Was the set that was on the car already damaged and taken off????? Basically what i'm wondering was how bad were the SYA bars pretzeled??? if they were on there at all....
Old 04-25-2006, 08:30 PM
TECH Junkie

I don't think Paula had a set.