Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Buying a Z06 in Tampa on Tuesday

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Buying a Z06 in Tampa on Tuesday

My friend and I will be flying into Tampa on Tuesday to pick up a Z06. We will be taking the car to RevExtreme for a dyno, compression, leak down test, but were curious to know if any local Z06 people would be available to come down and check the car out with us at the shop, just to look it over and see if you can see stuff that we may not be aware of to look for.

The car is an 01 D1sc Z06 claiming to make 578rwhp which seems high to me, for a stock 346 stock heads/cam D1 car at 6.5lbs. So we will see what she makes when we are there, but I would greatly appreciate any assitance that you may be able to provide us while looking the car over. I am an RX7 person, have been for years, never owned a Z06, never even worked on one, so I am planning to learn alot here, but at the same time, I don't want to get down there and be completely blind and get my pants pulled down because I don't know what I'm looking for.

So if anyone wants to meet up, I can take you out to lunch/dinner or what have you for your time....I would just really like to have an experienced LSx owner there to see what they can tell by looking at the motor, suspension, etc...I am also think the car may have heads on it due to the power level, because to me the car seems about 40-50hp over for a stock 347 stock heads/cam LS6....so if it has heads on it, that would make up that difference.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 05-05-2006, 02:04 PM
DSG
10 Second Club

What color is the car and who are you buying it from.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:16 PM
Teching In

The car is black and is owned by a guy named Blair.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:43 PM
Restricted User

Me and Ryan installed the blower on the car. The car was nice from what I can remember, and ran well. We have recently moved to a larger shop and are in the process of installing the dyno in the ground, so the dyno is not functional at the moment but we can take care of everything else that you need. Just give us a call at our current shop number 813-626-9658 and we can set you up.

Thanks,
Kyle@ RevXtreme
Old 05-05-2006, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If it is the black one that I remember that was real low to the ground the car is stout. The numbers are really not that out of line.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:46 AM
Teching In

The car is lowered....here is a link to the car for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/corve...QQcmdZViewItem

I have talked w/ Kyle at RevExtreme, very nice guy....took time out of his day to answer some questions for me and I appreciate that. So anyone want to meet in Tampa to check this car out with us? I guess we are not going to RevExtreme for the dyno, I was mistaken when I said that. Rev did the ATI D1 install on the car, but the shop that the car will be re-dynoed at is some shop up near New Port Richey, some guy name Dominick I guess works there. I guess the shop is only about 5 minutes from where the car lives, so it will just be easier.

Thanks for the replies, I have high hopes for the car....just want to make sure the car is what it appears to be.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by lane_change
The car is lowered....here is a link to the car for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/corve...QQcmdZViewItem

I have talked w/ Kyle at RevExtreme, very nice guy....took time out of his day to answer some questions for me and I appreciate that. So anyone want to meet in Tampa to check this car out with us? I guess we are not going to RevExtreme for the dyno, I was mistaken when I said that. Rev did the ATI D1 install on the car, but the shop that the car will be re-dynoed at is some shop up near New Port Richey, some guy name Dominick I guess works there. I guess the shop is only about 5 minutes from where the car lives, so it will just be easier.

Thanks for the replies, I have high hopes for the car....just want to make sure the car is what it appears to be.
Glad I could help, let me know if there is anything more I can do for you>
Old 05-09-2006, 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kyle is the man!
Old 05-09-2006, 11:04 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a great ride, hope you have fun with it!

Derek

Quick Reply: Buying a Z06 in Tampa on Tuesday