Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Anyone give drag launch lessons?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Villain281H
Just something they tried this year, as a few close tracks that were 1/8-mile closed down last year, and they had requests to run 1/8-mile, but they still focus on 1/4-mile more since it is a 1/4-mile track. They figure this will make the 1/8-mile people happy and give them another place to race if they don't want to change their set-ups for 1/4-mile action.

Derek
It would seem to me that all the points should be combined and just have some points races that are1/8th and some that are 1/4. I'm pretty sure that is the way Bradenton does it. So who gets to race the race of champions; The 1/4 mile points winner or the 1/8th?
Old 08-09-2006, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LT Malice
I'll be there on the 18th.

I always swap tires at the track, so I don't care about streetability. I also don't want a drag tire that is 24" wide or anything crazy like that, because I have to try and store them in my trunk.
I used to run an 26X11.5X16 ET Street slick on stock 16x8 trans am wheels. I would put them in my car and change them at the track. As a matter of fact I still have them and will bring them with me to the track on the 18th if you want.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Holeshotz
I used to run an 26X11.5X16 ET Street slick on stock 16x8 trans am wheels. I would put them in my car and change them at the track. As a matter of fact I still have them and will bring them with me to the track on the 18th if you want.
That would be great! The only tire I've ever used is a nitto.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:56 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Holeshotz
It would seem to me that all the points should be combined and just have some points races that are1/8th and some that are 1/4. I'm pretty sure that is the way Bradenton does it. So who gets to race the race of champions; The 1/4 mile points winner or the 1/8th?
I think that'd be a problem, as they've run 4 1/8-mile races and 7 1/4-mile races, so not equal share. Funny part, I've only run 2 of the 4 1/8-mile races and sit 5th at the moment.

1/4-mile points gets the ROC berth. 1/8-mile is for filler spots (up to 5 I believe) and they announced that before the points season started.

Derek

Quick Reply: Anyone give drag launch lessons?