Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Gator Fans

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007 | 11:13 PM
On The Tree

Yes, I remember that...I can't beleive it, almost 24 hours later and I'm still in shock.
Old 01-10-2007 | 08:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TimTaylor75
Congratulations Gators. Your guys definitely showed up to play, and our guys didn't. It's as simple as that. I'm not happy with our performance last night, but we had a great season.

Nice win.
See, this is just another bad excuse. You actually think OSU wasn't trying? You actually think a team showed up to THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME unprepared? NOT A CHANCE. I think the "we didn't show up to play" is like saying, we are better, we just didn't play like we should have.

NO, you just need to man up and admit OSU tried their hardest and couldn't do anything!

After all the BS with everyone wanting UM to play in the NC, HA. I don't even think OSU deserved to be there! there are plenty of teams that would have been better competition for UF.
Think about it, we should be praising UCLA, if they didn't beat USC, The better team (UF) would have never made it to the game.

Last edited by JDJP; 01-10-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Old 01-10-2007 | 08:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

coach jim tressel is one of the top coaches in the country. i can fully admit that with confidence. his players were ready to play and stomp some mudholes. only problem is UF's coaching staff had the buckeyes running around in circles.

i dont believe for a moment that the OSU players werent hyped up and ready. hell, the crowd at the game was 75% OSU fans. damn near a home game.
Old 01-10-2007 | 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

NEBRASK 62 FLORIDA 27

how short your florida memories are. dont be pugs , there was a time when your team was dominated in a championship game!!!

and someone saying we didnt show up is just saying they didnt play their best that night, florida gets some of the credit for that, but osu didnt have their best game, no need to ridicule someone for saying that, florida fans said the same thing after auburn beat your earlier in the year.
Old 01-10-2007 | 08:52 AM
10 Second Club

I agree, it was ugly because UF brought their A game and everything went right(het had a XP blocked and it STILL went thru?) Now OSU brought their C game and nothing went right, that makes for an *** kicking. Did OSU want to win, pretty sure. Maybe over confidence? Remember some of us watch them EVERY week and we know what they look like in and out of sync.
Old 01-10-2007 | 08:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

No, you know what they look like in all the easy games they play, youve never seen them play a team like UF.
And what do think caused them to be "out of sync"? uh I bet I know...

I can't believe it a 41-14 blowout and you still have excuses.

and we are talking about this year.

and UF lost to auburn because they are a good team, and like many people have said in the SEC anyone can beat anyone at any time.
Old 01-10-2007 | 09:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JDJP
See, this is just another bad excuse. You actually think OSU wasn't trying? You actually think a team showed up to THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME unprepared? NOT A CHANCE. I think the "we didn't show up to play" is like saying, we are better, we just didn't play like we should have.

NO, you just need to man up and admit OSU tried their hardest and couldn't do anything!

After all the BS with everyone wanting UM to play in the NC, HA. I don't even think OSU deserved to be there! there are plenty of teams that would have been better competition for UF.
Think about it, we should be praising UCLA, if they didn't beat USC, The better team (UF) would have never made it to the game.
In no way was I attempting to make an excuse. Why is it so difficult to take an honest compliment on how your team played vs how ours did? I don't need to "man up" to anything. In no way have I belittled your victory or taken anything away from the team or it's coaches. Grow up and take the victory and the compliment with some grace.
Old 01-10-2007 | 09:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

No, not trying to be a dick, but when you say "they didn't show up to play"
What does that mean?
Old 01-10-2007 | 09:13 AM
10 Second Club

No, you know what they look like in all the easy games they play, youve never seen them play a team like UF.
And what do think caused them to be "out of sync"? uh I bet I know...

I can't believe it a 41-14 blowout and you still have excuses.

and we are talking about this year.

and UF lost to auburn because they are a good team, and like many people have said in the SEC anyone can beat anyone at any time.
so this same offensive squad that lost to last years Texas team national champs in a tight game has never played anyone, c'mon. They won 19 in a row and all 19 were easy???? I am done arguing with you your obviously an angry person who can't just take the great win. No you have to try and start stuff. Wow that's priceless.
Old 01-10-2007 | 09:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

No, not angry at all, I just think you OSU guys should admit you got BEAT FAIR AND SQUARE no excuses.

IS "we didn't show up to play" not an excuse?

If UF got beat, I would have said, ok I guess everyone was right about OSU they are good.

AND REMEMBER WHAT FORUM YOU ARE IN, WE SHOULDN'T BE ARGUING BECAUSE THIS THREAD IS FOR UF FANS.
Old 01-10-2007 | 09:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

and 97BLKZ, should I go copy some of your posts from earlier in this thread?

No, I think you deserve to be ragged on.
Old 01-10-2007 | 09:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Here is one big 10 guy I agree with..

Originally Posted by Roofer Dave
No,I'm not joking.OSU and U of M are the top teams in our conference and they got their asses stomped by far superior teams.Wisconsin had a nice season but a weak schedule.

I'm a Big Ten fan and Michigan is my team but I can't overlook the obvious difference in speed and coaching ability we saw in the two BCS games the Big Ten participated in.The Big Ten and Big 12 are the most overrated conference in the NCAA.They both have two good teams and the rest of the teams suck.

Those guys from Florida and USC made their opponents look really slow and white,especially the Buckeye O line.

LOL at the if we played ten times comment above.I can't speculate on what the results would be if they played 10 times,but I saw them play once and the Bucks got blown out.Urban Meyer showed class by not running up the score on his alma mater,it could have easily 55-14 or 62-14.If you were to include the Ted Ginn return that should have been called back because of a holding penalty the Bucks look even worse.

The Bucks had the best chance they'll have in long time and they blew it.The Bucks recruiting class is very thin on talent and I don't see them getting a BCS invite any time soon.
Old 01-10-2007 | 09:47 AM
10 Second Club

AND REMEMBER WHAT FORUM YOU ARE IN, WE SHOULDN'T BE ARGUING BECAUSE THIS THREAD IS FOR UF FANS.

Show me where it said that, I served this country for 7 years so I'll dam well root for whom I choose and where I want. NEVER tell me what I can and can't do. I splatter this whole section with OSU stuff if I choose to! This BS southern anger over a war that happened forever ago is lame!
Old 01-10-2007 | 09:49 AM
10 Second Club

LOL does roofer Dave follow the Buckeyes, thin recruiting class? It's projected between 3-7 this year. Now that makes it valid because he said so! Wow!
Old 01-10-2007 | 10:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 97blkz

Show me where it said that, I served this country for 7 years so I'll dam well root for whom I choose and where I want. NEVER tell me what I can and can't do. I splatter this whole section with OSU stuff if I choose to! This BS southern anger over a war that happened forever ago is lame!

Are you drunk?

The title of this thread is "GATOR FANS" int the "florida member" section.
You neither live in florida nor are you a gator fan, so you are the one starting stuff. and where did the civil war thing come from? because i live in florida you think im some red neck hilbilly or something? leave the civil war out of it bro.... and I havn't seen any anger here besides your latest rant about "southern anger"
Old 01-10-2007 | 10:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 97blkz
I splatter this whole section with OSU stuff if I choose to! This BS southern anger over a war that happened forever ago is lame!
andy you are welcome to post anything you want over here. this is a Florida forum and ofcourse you realize that you are going to catch heat for talking about OSU. same goes if i posted at the ohio fbody forums. but its all welcomed, but not splattering the forum over and over again.

people who are arguing this still are just arguing to argue. the game was settled on the field. the rest is just opinion generally supported with no or very weak "statistics"

it was a hell of a game and a hell of a season. NO ONE, myself included, could have predicted an outcome for the gators or osu like this one. gator alum, fans, and friend can all enjoy this one. it has been 10 years since our last one. its only been 4 years for osu. our second title to osu's 5 (i believe).

just enjoy it and have some class gator fans.
Old 01-10-2007 | 10:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Are you drunk?

The title of this thread is "GATOR FANS" int the "florida member" section.
You neither live in florida nor are you a gator fan, so you are the one starting stuff.
97blkz (andy) lives a couple miles from me. thats still Florida in my book

he is definately not a gator fan and loves to argue for sure! btw it takes two people to argue. if you dont like what he has to say, jsut ignore it. by pushing the issue and taking it to the point of arguement you are making us gator fans look bad
Old 01-10-2007 | 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Oh, thought he lived up north.
Then whats with the southern anger crap?

and I don't see why we can't discuss or even argue without him getting butthurt.
Im not mad about anything. Anyway, after all his smack talk he deserves to be upset.
Old 01-10-2007 | 10:28 AM
Restricted User

Arrogant (Ar"ro*gant) (#), a.
[F. arrogant, L. arrogans, p. pr. of arrogare. See Arrogate.]

1. Making, or having the disposition to make, exorbitant claims of rank or estimation; giving one's self an undue degree of importance; assuming; haughty; -- applied to persons. "Arrogant Winchester, that haughty prelate." Shak.
2. Containing arrogance; marked with arrogance; proceeding from undue claims or self-importance; -- applied to things; as, arrogant pretensions or behavior
3. dumb *** osu fan.

this is your whole problem at osu. you guys are so cocky and arrogant that you didnt even have enought sense to change the way you were playing in the game. maybe the next time you TRY to beat a sec team you might want to remember this is a new century. the push-em-around type ball you guys played in the 60's wont work today. you need speed, a decent game plan and a coach that knows how (or at least is willing to) to fix something that is broken or not working. and for gods sake please let all of us know what we have to do to get you to bring your A game next time. C game....you brought you C game alright. your C us suck is more like it.

take you head out of your *** osu fans and face it..... you got worked by a team that was far better than you.
Old 01-10-2007 | 10:32 AM
TECH Regular

And, there's 2 steps backwards...lol