Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Tranny Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny Rebuild

About how much would it cost to get a 4l60e rebuilt and a shift kit put in? Im lookin into kens performance cause my dad took his there. So if any1 has any info on the subject please speak up
Old 10-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Staging Lane

I too need A TRANS. rebuild... I found a place that is willing to do it with a 700 R4 shift kit no problem. The guy there said he would not charge more then 1,200$ but he also said that he would not charge less then 800$. Best deal I have found yet, but what do you guys think? I shall Try and find the name of the place I went to. I went a long time ago and can't remember the name, and have been saving up.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Staging Lane

Remanufactured Transmission. That is the name of the place and the site. I don't know much about them but if anybody on here does, give some input please, I don't want to make my TRANS. worse, Or anybody elses by giving out bad info.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you get what you pay for. there is only one place in the entire state i would remotely trust but he is 2200-2400 installed. every other shop has had issues.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
you get what you pay for. there is only one place in the entire state i would remotely trust but he is 2200-2400 installed. every other shop has had issues.
I got my tranny from this place you speak of, its the best in Florida.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Staging Lane

I would love to go there but am too poor .... Sad face is on. I'll just keep saving.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Launching!

yea im in high school and i only work 2 days a week so i cant even think of being able to remotly afford that
Old 10-05-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Junkie

do it right.....BTW are we speaking of transmission physicians?

my buddy is down for a new tranny hes saving the cash as we speak
.... one day im gonna upgrade too but for now i just **** my 2nd rear so i gotta start saving for that
Old 10-05-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it is transmission physician in tampa. its worth it b/c everywhere else, you will pay nearly the same....and be back when it breaks again, and again, and again!

save your money and do it right the first time. i dont know how many times i have seen guys spend "only" 1000-1200 on a local shop...only to have a slipping tranny not long afterwards. then they have to pay to do it again.

not cheap!
Old 10-06-2006, 07:43 AM
DSG
10 Second Club

+1 for transmission physicians... I am doing my entire setup with my turbo car with them.

Not only good work they (Fernando and Chris) are stand up guys.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See sig!
Old 10-07-2006, 01:46 AM
Launching!

Transmission Physicians is the only place to take your tranny to. I just had mine built about a month ago and its absolutely amazing. Fernando and Chris are not only the best at what they do, but they are just great guys. When I picked my car up from them, he took my bro and I outside, showed us his turboed truck(nasty btw) and we just sat outside bullshittin for prolly 45 mins. They arent like alot of shops where everyone that works there is a total dick and doesnt really give a rats ***. So save your money, and have it done once and done right and when you get the $$ take it to them. You wont regret it. Good luck.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
it is transmission physician in tampa. its worth it b/c everywhere else, you will pay nearly the same....and be back when it breaks again, and again, and again!
How much do they charge to just build one out of the car? Or do they not like to do that? Do they have any kind of warrenty. How long have you guys run on one of their rebuilds? As it seems that the 4L60E is just a time bomb always waiting to explode no matter how much you build the damn things up.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Staging Lane

What he said ^
Old 10-07-2006, 11:15 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98Blubrd
How much do they charge to just build one out of the car? Or do they not like to do that? Do they have any kind of warrenty. How long have you guys run on one of their rebuilds? As it seems that the 4L60E is just a time bomb always waiting to explode no matter how much you build the damn things up.
I have their 4l60e and have made many 11 second passes a few 10's now! There warranty on a raced tranny is one year I think, includes power adders an all! Call em and ask for Fernando, tell him the crew from ls1tech sent you his way! You'll be impressed! I forgot the charge for the trans but we know that great things never come cheap. Please do not got to some shitty shop, again look at my sig, I wasted lots of money with the previous shop!
Old 10-07-2006, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98Blubrd
Thats because most fo the independants people go to, they go there for the price, cheap. You get what you pay for when it comes to transmissions. People just dont listen. Everyone pretty much pays the same for parts, so where do you think they are saving the $$? It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure it out, but I get tired of trying to explain to people and save them $$ at the same time. For $1200 installed you're not going to get anything more than a stock rebuild for the most part, and they just assume you're not going to make 400hp anyways becuase most kids talk out thier ***' when it comes to how much power they're going to make. TransAmJo ive alraedy spoke to you on another site, and that is my home, my people, my peers. I have a good rep. there and anyone there will tell you how I do business. Im str8 up and honest and I actually put the parts in there and give discounts to members. I dont own a shop, i have no overhead,.....im just helping out fellow members at a fair $$ for my time/knowledge. Any ? pm me. That goes for anyone. Im in Ft Lauderdale.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:37 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by blown94
Thats because most fo the independants people go to, they go there for the price, cheap. You get what you pay for when it comes to transmissions. People just dont listen. Everyone pretty much pays the same for parts, so where do you think they are saving the $$? It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure it out, but I get tired of trying to explain to people and save them $$ at the same time. For $1200 installed you're not going to get anything more than a stock rebuild for the most part, and they just assume you're not going to make 400hp anyways becuase most kids talk out thier ***' when it comes to how much power they're going to make. TransAmJo ive alraedy spoke to you on another site, and that is my home, my people, my peers. I have a good rep. there and anyone there will tell you how I do business. Im str8 up and honest and I actually put the parts in there and give discounts to members. I dont own a shop, i have no overhead,.....im just helping out fellow members at a fair $$ for my time/knowledge. Any ? pm me. That goes for anyone. Im in Ft Lauderdale.
Do you warranty your work? I got a year of racing worry free! I shot 8 teeth thru my trans and he still covered it. I agree $1200 is a stock rebuild. Cheap=****!
Old 10-07-2006, 12:54 PM
DSG
10 Second Club

^^^ His tranny only broke cause the rear end went. Fernando still warrantied the thing.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:01 PM
DSG
10 Second Club

Just wanted to add...please dont take our word for it.

Please call him and talk to him. Pick his brain you will see what he is about. Like I said, stand up guys. If they were not I would spend 15K-20K plus with them.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Staging Lane

I shall keep saving and take everyones advice. I have already read a bunch of post and everyone says Tran. Phys.. are the best, so I won't Argue. It will be a while untill I can afford it, and now I have the Formula in the shop with some other problems that are Deff. not Trans. related. It has been bogging down and doing some weird Erratic stuff when driving normal(or trying to gun it). So I am getting a diagnostic check as we speak,,Or type for that matter. Hopefully nothing serious but it is at 100,000 miles now and it has not been pampered.

Quick Reply: Tranny Rebuild