Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Got a ticket for some dumb shit

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 08:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got a ticket for some dumb ****

well on my way home from school I get a call from my friend saying he was pulled over. I asked him for what and he was like well i was spinning my tires leaving school. Me going down the same road he was pulled over on i was like o that sucks and then i drive by in the right lane and i see the cop has him pulled over to the side of the road. I was like man that shitty just give me a call when he lets u go and let me know what happened. So i stop for the red light about 1/2 mile up the roady and he calls me telling me the officer let him go, so im like cool man good luck for you and then we hang up and the light turns green and i start to go and i see lights in my review mirror. So im like okay what am i getting pulled over for? So i pull over and he goes do you know its illegal not to yeild to and emergancy vehicle and i was like ok im sorry i didnt know i didnt yeild. So he takes my information and gives me that ticket and says because i didnt switch lanes when going by the officer thats not yeilding. So is a $115 fine which i dont care about and 3 points on my licence (WHAT I AM PISSED ABOUT). All i could think of is damn he lets my buddy go for spinning his tires and he pulls me over for some Bull ****. could see if i went flying by them or was really close but i was going 35 in the 40 and was far away from them. On top of all that he wrote down my wrong adress on the ticket and i cant figure out when my court date it. I am just really pissed becuase this could wreck my chances getting into other programs at school and for nothing, complete stupidity. Just had to vent that I hate this dumb ****.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

haha wow, that really sucks hardcore. I would understand why he would be pissed if you didnt slow down and were real close, but if you obviously saw him and slowed down then that ticket is pretty dumb compared to spinning tires. Sorry to hear that an f-body owner was teh one with the bad luck. I really dont know what you can do about that address thing though cuz u kinda need a court date if you want to get rid of points i think (back in MD you do). Id ask another officer what you could do about that to figure things out. But what sucks about that ticket is that i highly doubt that a judge is going to be very forgiving for something like that. Cuz there are idiots on the road that will/have killed officers like that.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sometiems if the ticket is written wrong u can get rid of it. thats what ive heard, but i hear alot of things
Old 10-26-2006, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

If the ticket is written wrong it is null and void, take it to court.

And they had radio commercials and billboards for the new "move over law". Sucks that you didnt see them.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that does suck....but this is the reason for that law and why we give tickets on that..

http://www.policevids.com/showvideo.php?id=2200

Old 10-27-2006, 02:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Call me stupid, but Ive never given nor recieved a ticket with out an information phone number on it. By the way it doesnt matter if your address is wrong.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:50 AM
DSG
10 Second Club

Bottom line is that if you didnt move over you broke the law...right?
Old 10-27-2006, 05:57 AM
11 Second Club

If you can't move over you have to 10 under the limit i believe, Local Police here were pulling people over, then pulling the ones who didn't move over. They even had a news crew with them.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:55 AM
11 Second Club

yep two cops pull someone over.. one behind on in front of the car they pulled.. if you don't yeild.. the one in front get ya..

just slow way down if you can't get over..
Old 10-27-2006, 08:06 AM
On The Tree

yeah and you have all the tards that can't drive, that see a cop who has someone pulled over. Then they start drifting over towards to cop, don't realize it and run him or her over. You have them to thank. But yeah if you were being safe and not flying by him, then he was just being a dick. Not the point of the law, but as always it will be abused by the few.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

just a lil tidbit....more cops are killed yearly from car accidents then all other means combined
Old 10-27-2006, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

....coming from the P.O.V from behind those lights that pulled you over that ticket is NOT bullshit. Not only do we have to lookout for the person(s) we pulled over, we have to watch out for people driving and not paying attention (number 1 killer of law enforcement officers). This law was passed for a reason, they teach us now not to be so worried about the person we pulled over, but the people passing us on the road. And....you were also on your cell phone. Yes, you happened to be talking to the guy that was pulled over.....but did the cop know that? or is that an excuse to why you shouldn't get the ticket? No. Now, i'm not trying to get on your case, and i have NOTHING against you. It just made me a little irrate to see someone say a law that was put in place to save MY LIFE is bullshit. Put yourself in my position and tell me what you would have done. And being in the business i'm in i know there is more to this story. Squealing the tires leaving a parking lot can be considered wreckless driving (any showing off of power), which is a misdemeanor. You had to do something to get his attention to let your friend go and come after you, whether or not you will admit to that is up to you. Probably not since this is just a forum and in the long run nobody will really care. Maybe you are a poster child for the law, and if so I thank you for posting it up on the forum so that the word gets around to SLOW DOWN when you see those blue and red lights!! Like I said nothing agaisnt you, but there is ALWAYS more to the story, no one ever tells the complete truth, it's human nature.

Edit: Just reread this post and realized it could seem I'm coming off a little hostile towards you. I don't mean it to be that way. I'm not trying to make enemies, and like i said before i have nothing agaisnt you. I'm just trying to show you and the others reading this thread why you got this ticket and why i believe it's not bullshit.

Last edited by black00ssFL; 10-27-2006 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:17 PM
12 Second Club

I think its BS that the cop let your friend go and came after you for that. BUT, they do have good reason for it. just look at that video! They do put their lives in the line and **** happens, this just helps to prevent it.

And I think its if you are passing an emergency vehicle and youre in the lane next to them, youre suppose to do 30mph.

If you really are a good guy and all, go to court, tell the judge you know its no excuse to not know the law, but tell him your situation with school and the points. If hes nice, he'll change it so no points are assesed to your lisence and you just pay a fine. Good luck
Old 10-27-2006, 07:21 PM
12 Second Club

ok im sorry its not a bullshit ticket, I understand why the law is their and fully respect why the law was inforced, Still pisses me off that i got the ticket and still pisses me off that i might get 3 points on my licence. Not the end of the world just another hassel i could live without. At this point i could really care less about the fine and im thinking if the msat programs are not willing to over look this infraction in return with my 4.00 gpa then **** happens right, life goes on grow up. This thread was more of something i posted to let some anger out, its all good hear i dont take it personal.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:31 PM
12 Second Club

That video is why I don't pull over on the interstate...unless it is a really long way to the next exit. I did not know about this law, when did they pass it and what TV commercials?
Old 10-27-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

Only 30-40 mph when you drove past him huh?
I don't think I want to get hit by a 3500 pound hunk of metal going 10 mph!!
You goofed. Live and learn, move on.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

they passed it last year, it actually includes amberd light vehicles also....its unbelievable how the when you turn on the lights, its more like a magnet then anythng else....people freak out and swirve all in your way, not only worry about the shooting your driving 120 to....but if some one is going to pull out in front of you...goes with the job though....ive got sooooo many links to crashes like that to...and there mostly in florida and around me

jditlfm...it does suck, and its good to vent considering this is the internet, and im glad you didnt turn into a cop hating flamer like some of the other children have done before...your friend owes you a drink for the suckyness
Old 10-27-2006, 10:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

i hate cops
Old 10-28-2006, 12:02 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Magnet
i hate cops
Call the dog catcher when some dipshit held a gun to your head, robbed you, and beat you with the gun. Next.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Magnet
i hate cops
someones spent there time in raiford.....

Quick Reply: Got a ticket for some dumb shit