Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Northeast FL, Whens the next group dyno day?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 05:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Northeast FL, Whens the next group dyno day?

I have my car up and running again. I'm not going to set records but, it feels like an improvement to the old and I want to see my numbers! Just wondering when there might be another group dyno session anywhere hear in the northeast area. Thanks!
Old 12-18-2006, 05:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im not sure what the deal is with jason's....he for sure not in the same building in GCS anymore....ive heard both that he shut down or he just moved down the road....im sure youll get a update from some other guys on here with more info
Old 12-18-2006, 08:33 AM
Launching!

Jason has just moved down the road... I don't believe he has his dyno set back up yet.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

i heard he got rid of some people....as in he doesnt have anybody working for him
Old 12-19-2006, 05:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

I haven't met up with anyone so, I dont really know names or anything. Where is/was this shop your talking about that moved? Also, who usually sponsors the group dyno days if anyone? The shop or someone else? I'll find out sooner or later by calling around I guess. Maybe end up just doing a full price run or something.

While I was in San Diego for 2 1/2 years I found a forum called dynoperformance.com which would have a group dyno day of like 50 people every 2-3 months. Is there anything similar that anyone knows about here in FL?
Old 12-19-2006, 05:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

i dont think theres anything like that here....havent heard of that....the shop was in GCS just south of the sheriffs office....hed usually have pulls for like 50 bucks, but like someone else said he moved and hasnt set back up yet....if there is another dyno here in jville someone else needs to speak up
Old 12-19-2006, 06:53 AM
Launching!

There is dynotune performance out on the Northside. Has anyone delt with these guys before?
Old 12-19-2006, 02:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tunedportcj5
There is dynotune performance out on the Northside. Has anyone delt with these guys before?

out on lem-turner? I've often wondered if they were any good. Gone past there many times on the way to the lady's 'rents house.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

why do you guys want to dyno...

1) 50 cars in a day? that would take longer than a day
2) every 2-3 months?
Old 12-19-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

honestly we arent very organized up here....this is our best way of communication along with the fact that there arent NEAR AS MANY shops up here and esp. none that are on this site as there are in other places around florida....i personally dont want a dyno run...im fine with street tunes because thats all that really matters anyways....there are however LOTS of guys up here, i have only seen around 10 per pull...but ive met alot more guys then that....
Old 12-19-2006, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know I mentioned the number 50 above... I just picked a number that was exagerated. I know they did have a sign up list for the one I went to in Cali and I think there was at least 20-25 cars signed up and they would start early in the morning and finish up in the afternoon. And it was in no real order. You could show up at any point if you were on the pre-signup list.

I'm interested in running mine to see where I'm at. I have a new/rebuilt motor in and I know what my numbers were on the old stock motor and I would like to know how much of an improvement. I just want a baseline before I do anything else. As for every 2-3 months well, dont personally think thats necessary but, its nice if you cant make it to a group dyno session that you dont have to wait forever to get in on the next one.

Also, this wasn't just limited to F-bodies. They had mustangs, vettes, and some old muscle in there as well.

Finally, I just didn't know if there was any kind of organized thing like this in the area and if not, well, just putting the idea out there. Couldn't be bad for business to know that you'll have a group of 20 or so cars rolling in paying you $45-50 each for like 30min (or less) of your time.

Last edited by hyperzone; 12-20-2006 at 05:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Northeast FL, Whens the next group dyno day?