Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Fuel Slut, i.e the corner

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 02:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

everybody was cool when a few of us tally folks stopped by the corner last june during power tour. we didnt have a problem walking up and introducing ourselves. never was any drama either, seemed real laid back, lil small lot though. eh, we had some fun racing that night, i couldn't care less even if there actually was any bs drama.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 35thUCF
I am down for a new meet. i went down to the corner in 2002 a few times, I met robert hinton (suspension genius) and a few others, they are not gonna walk up and shake your hand, but they arent gonna shoot at ya either.
yeah, that was some time ago. haven't seen you in quite some time.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:39 PM
12 Second Club

I love how you want to bring up stupid **** thats already over with just b/c I said my own opinion about what I think about something. You just proved how much of ******** fuelslut members can be. I wont even read your entire post b/c youre a waste of time and I know its you ranting on about BS b/c you have nothing better to do than to get involved in other peoples business.

And I love how FS people ONLY come on this board to start **** for no reason or to deffend the club, but have no other contributions to the site.

Originally Posted by TPl92z
How can someone trust the opinion of a guy as shady as yourself? You took Jason's rear end when you broke yours driving like an ***, like normal, and didn't bother to pay him back until I called him when I got downtown one night and realized you were downtown. The funniest part of that entire situation is that you had the money in your pocket, clearly were planning on parting with that 200 dollars at some point and STILL had the gall to even bother getting mouthy with me because I called him and offered to collect if you had it. It's not like I called him and told him I'd beat it out of you. I told him if you had it, I'd take it since you obviously weren't bothering to go out of your way to get him his money the way he'd gone out of his way to help you.

People talk trash about you because you are exactly what you just described everyone else as. You're a mouthy punk with no character and the integrity of a criminal.

I always find it mildly amusing that people will accuse the folks that hang out downtown of being "tight knit" and "closed circle". So, everyone is supposed to grab you, ask you who you are and generally do the job of introducing YOU . Why is it so difficult to walk up to someone and introduce yourself? If you stand by yourself with a couple of friends you just drove up with you're probably going to be enjoying their company all evening. If you don't bother to introduce yourself to anyone you can't quite blame THEM for being anti-social.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FBodyPerformer
I love how you want to bring up stupid **** thats already over with just b/c I said my own opinion about what I think about something. You just proved how much of ******** fuelslut members can be. I wont even read your entire post b/c youre a waste of time and I know its you ranting on about BS b/c you have nothing better to do than to get involved in other peoples business.

And I love how FS people ONLY come on this board to start **** for no reason or to deffend the club, but have no other contributions to the site.
It's over with because you gave me the money you'd owed him for months and between working full time and going to school I somehow managed to do something you haven't done for months; get the man his money.

The only reason ANYONE else got involved in your business is because you weren't handling it, he made it public and I called him to let him know you were there and that I'd gladly take the money you owed him and get it to him.

I've been coming here for years because the place is THE best source for technical information regardling LSx motors. I started coming here when we did Kyle's cam swap and used this site and ls1howto to guide us through the entire "ordeal". I've used it over the years to research problems with other peoples cars and used a great deal of information to help Russ in building his 408. You're right, this isn't my "home" forum so I don't spend all my time in here. You're right, I did come into this thread mainly to defend the club. Because you don't have a leg to stand on. You stated many times that you were attempting to pay him back. You were calling a guy who gets up early in the morning to work at 1am trying to meet up with him. You were making an effort, albeit the worst effort you could possibly make.

I'm not a waste of time, you simply have NO argument to make for yourself.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FBodyPerformer
you know, there's a phrase i heard once. don't start nothin', won't be nothin'.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....0&postcount=18
you started it, now deal with it.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:31 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we had an f-body thing going on awhile back, dozen or so cars. We used to meet up at sonics down the street from UCF, but we basically merged into the ricer meet at UC7, then the core of us went and help started the UCF car club...

poor turnout tonight do to rain but it was cool, we just went down to the 3rd floor where it was covered 4-5 of us... maybe 30 cars total.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:23 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MustangEater82
we had an f-body thing going on awhile back, dozen or so cars. We used to meet up at sonics down the street from UCF, but we basically merged into the ricer meet at UC7, then the core of us went and help started the UCF car club...

poor turnout tonight do to rain but it was cool, we just went down to the 3rd floor where it was covered 4-5 of us... maybe 30 cars total.
ya, that was a meet I started in a response to stressed out college students needing a mid-week break. I haven't had time to go to organize anything else for a long time
Old 04-19-2007, 12:39 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Droptop Snake
Seems we always hear this from people who do this on their first visit to the corner:

In some cases, I'll go up to someone that I don't recognize if they look like they want to talk, but don't expect that from everyone. We don't have a formal welcoming committee; no club that I know of does. It's up to you to introduce yourself. Ask a question or two about someone's ride; it's a good way to break the ice, and they'll probably ask you about yours in turn. Bingo, conversation started.

We're all car guys, right?

KC, I don't even know what to say about you so I won't say anything.

And Ben (JuiSSed), STFU! Still got the SS? Come get some, bish...

Hey man I saw you pull up tonight and it started to rain. Was something wrong with your car? I know it must have been a while since you came up there.

I would have been pissed off at the rain!
Old 04-19-2007, 12:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by deanasdork
Hey bumper, just a heads up.. mods might ban ur sig for the size... i forget the size limit.. just to let you know bro.
yea, it happened twice, i couldnt get it to resize..it kept getting bigger when i put it on my sig, oh well....
Old 04-19-2007, 07:07 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah, They did it to me twice until I figured how to resize lol. if you have problems still.. just email me the pic and I will try to resize it for ya..
Old 04-19-2007, 08:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by deejaydaze

Hey man I saw you pull up tonight and it started to rain. Was something wrong with your car? I know it must have been a while since you came up there.

I would have been pissed off at the rain!
The rubber boot on the inlet of the supercharger popped off.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:45 AM
Staging Lane

i've been active in fuelslut since 2002. i can't tell you where i've met a better bunch of guys. i try to talk and meet at least one new person, provided there is one, each weekend i show up.

next time, look for the orange z-28 with the black stock rims and true duals. i'll say hi.

also, fuelslut has a meet and greet section, usually people introduce themselves on the website there and we usually have a thread in the events and gatherings section that tells who's planning on showing up on any given night. some guys meet on sunday's and thursdays just casue they're bored. when i go to a gathering like o nthe weekends, i tell people what my forum name is and about my car. boom, conversation. usually, they know me by what i've said on the forum. it's nice to put a face with a name. come out again, and see if you can make a few more friends cause that's basically what it's all about.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wornoutshoes
i've been active in fuelslut since 2002. i can't tell you where i've met a better bunch of guys. i try to talk and meet at least one new person, provided there is one, each weekend i show up.

next time, look for the orange z-28 with the black stock rims and true duals. i'll say hi.

also, fuelslut has a meet and greet section, usually people introduce themselves on the website there and we usually have a thread in the events and gatherings section that tells who's planning on showing up on any given night. some guys meet on sunday's and thursdays just casue they're bored. when i go to a gathering like o nthe weekends, i tell people what my forum name is and about my car. boom, conversation. usually, they know me by what i've said on the forum. it's nice to put a face with a name. come out again, and see if you can make a few more friends cause that's basically what it's all about.
do you live in the lake mary/longwood area and used to work at albertsons in lake mary? some kid has a hugger orange z with black rims around that area
Old 04-19-2007, 10:08 AM
TECH Regular

Ya i know someone who was in lethally injected and he said he's not in it anymore he was talking like they dont meet anymore
Old 04-19-2007, 10:25 AM
Teching In

I'm sorry you have had a poor experience before. I have no problem walking up and talking to new faces. I have done it many times. Especially if I have a particular interest in thier car. I haven't been out in a month or two though. I have a bit on my plate right now so I probably wont make it out again until May. It will all be better then.

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
do you live in the lake mary/longwood area and used to work at albertsons in lake mary? some kid has a hugger orange z with black rims around that area
No, he lives by UCF and works downtown.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Leftoverchinese
I'm sorry you have had a poor experience before. I have no problem walking up and talking to new faces. I have done it many times. Especially if I have a particular interest in thier car. I haven't been out in a month or two though. I have a bit on my plate right now so I probably wont make it out again until May. It will all be better then.

No, he lives by UCF and works downtown.

isnt your name chris? i think you were one of the ones we met down there.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:29 PM

To whom it may concern,

Your right it is a close group and several groups within it... but isn't everything? Specially when it comes to racing... I've been there for Years... on years... and I drive an import... even still I keep to a certian group within that group as a whole. Doesn't mean i don't like the others.. I just have less thngs in common with some... its just human nature to hang out with who you enjoy hangin out with and /or someone that shares the same interests... There is always someone you don't like and there is always trash talking.. Its a part of life.. if you want to stay away from that part of life.. then don't leave your house.... oh wait your wifey will still chat with the girls at work about you behind your back... maybe its better off you just die now.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:02 PM
11 Second Club

I have no clue how long I've been hanging out with Fuelsluts, but the best thing for me is meeting new people and finding out about there rides. I can't speak for everynight I've been at the corner, but the last 4-5 times I was there I definately met new people and talked with them a good bit.

Last time I was there I met several guys from Michigan that had never been to the corner and just stopped by to visit.

I will say that there is a general way in life to be social, no matter where you go. I like meeting new people, but I'm not a walking talking social gateway for the timid hermit that may need an enabler.

If Fuelsluts don't come off as a carebear, I wanna hold your hand group...GREAT!
Old 04-19-2007, 07:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slmdLS1
isnt your name chris? i think you were one of the ones we met down there.
Nope, my name is Adam.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

im kinda of new to the fuelslut thing and i have been there every sat. sence.. people there are cool as ****. we go out and have our fun every sat. yes there is smack talkin but that is what makes the night fun so something actually happends..best place in orlando for cars guyz to hang out..

Quick Reply: Fuel Slut, i.e the corner