Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Modified Exhaust Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 07:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camar0corey
Honestly reading what was posted above, just about everyone on this site could get whacked for their exhaust.
No not really... First off if you read the law carefully all it says is that the exhaust system can't exceed the OEM sound level or what the state has mandated as an acceptable limit... The law doesn't say you can't put on a different muffler...

72 db at 50 ft from the centerline of travel is pretty liberal.

The main point of the law if you read closely is how the violation is to be determined... Not too many police officers carry around the proper equipment and also have the certified training to operate it. Without such proof any officer writing such a ticket has no legal ground to stand upon.

(If hearsay was legal then the police departments wouldn't waste time putting radar guns in their patrol cars and train the officers how to use them, if they could simple just write a ticket because they thought the car was speeding... They have to abide by the law too or the ticket they write is of no merit)

I know my car is fairly loud but only if you get on it. At an idle or crusing at a steady speed I seriously doubt it would exceed the State law... O' and it's a GMMG exhaust... Now my Harley is another matter altogether I doubt it could idle below that number even at 50 ft... But I haven't had a problem with it and I've pulled up along side other cyclist cops and they usually say hello nice bike, etc,.. Their pretty cool about it, Most cops are gear heads at heart anyway...

Last edited by *JC*; 07-15-2007 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, I missed the 50ft. part. I was thinking along the lines of when you see the db levels in car tests, but thats the noise in the cabin, made me think they probably make a lot of noise outside.

Makes me curious, I'm running a bullet myself.

Quick Reply: Modified Exhaust Ticket