Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Message For Next Level Performance

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2007, 08:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey JEB,
What did they do for ya this time?I'm about ready to go see Geoff about
gears and convertor.By the way,how do you like the YANK 3600?
Gotta meet up sometime.
Brian
Old 07-25-2007, 09:46 AM
10 & 11 Second Club

Geoff is a great guy and good person to do business with, Ty and Mike Mortenson are very good techs also. With the changes(for the good) that have happened at Next Level this year they are one of the best LSx shops in the south.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B02SS
By the way,how do you like the YANK 3600? Brian
I love mine!!
Old 07-25-2007, 06:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by B02SS
Hey JEB,
What did they do for ya this time?I'm about ready to go see Geoff about
gears and convertor.By the way,how do you like the YANK 3600?
Gotta meet up sometime.
Brian
Full scan/driveablity + WOT tuning. Swapped in a bearing-driven TB in place of the bushing-driven FAST90 TB. I thought FAST had their issues worke dout, but, apparently they sent the shop a bad one that was sticking and not functioning right.

Yank SS3600 with the 3.73 gearing +A4 kicks ***, dude. For a street-n-strip car, it hits more like a 4000 from most manufacturers from the general consensus of others' who have the experience withe multiple TC's. If you have one, you won't regret it.

They swapped in some better rearend lube to make the Eaton HD posi kevlar clutches happy. Got it back today and it drives real nice.

As Dave said, Geoff is great and has always done me right. Anybody can say what they want to about Mike, but, he was always fair and honest with me, as well. If you have negative opinions, please keep them to yourself or post them anywhere but here. If you never had aTaylor ham and cheese, then, you don't REALLY know Mike.

Thanks to all for commenting. NLP truly is the best shop around (IMHO). Vinci has always been nice and ready to help, but, never have actually had any work done by them.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Geoff is an extremely honorable guy. He has been a tremendous help to me on my car and I have the highest respect for him.

I consider myself to be pretty knowledgeable about these motors and I still manage to learn quite a bit from him. His tuning skills are top notch and many don't know but he's an educated tuner (technically trained in many tuning systems) not just someone who has guessed their way through it.

I tend to try and be subtle in my endorsements so I don't sound like a bandwagon type. Mostly I like to let my car do the talking. But, in a not so subtle approach - NLP (Geoff, Ty and Mike) are THE guys to see for work in this state.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by next
Geoff is an extremely honorable guy. He has been a tremendous help to me on my car and I have the highest respect for him.

I consider myself to be pretty knowledgeable about these motors and I still manage to learn quite a bit from him. His tuning skills are top notch and many don't know but he's an educated tuner (technically trained in many tuning systems) not just someone who has guessed their way through it.

I tend to try and be subtle in my endorsements so I don't sound like a bandwagon type. Mostly I like to let my car do the talking. But, in a not so subtle approach - NLP (Geoff, Ty and Mike) are THE guys to see for work in this state.
ill second that
Old 07-31-2007, 09:35 AM
12 Second Club

I would recommend them to anyone!
Old 07-31-2007, 03:10 PM
Banned

I just wanted to thank everyone for the kind words, so THANKS. Jack, glad to see the changes helped. Geoff.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Addict

Geoff, I wish you well in your new ventures as a shop owner, though owning a shop is certainly not new to you. You and Mike both made things right when things went wrong. You're both good hearted people. I really hate to see the lost friendships between everyone this year. Though many do not see it now, 10 years down the road as we get older, many will wish things would have been different.

I'm 50 years old and have lived 3 lives of the normal person ... wouldn't know what I'm speaking of unless you had the misfortune of walking in my shoes. I just hope everyone moves on, forgives, and is successful ... while not looking back and living in the past ... except for the good memories which we often mask in the face of diversity and chaos.

I wish everyone much success, a very long and healthy life, and much happiness ... as this life will be over quicker than some of us realize and we all will have to give up our material possessions and move to a more permanent place in time.

When my time comes, I will say honestly that Mike Norris and Geoff Skorupa have done me right in my life. When I draw my last breath, I'll shed a tear for all the freindships lost along the way in my dealings with NLP.

Thanks for both yours and Mike's friendships. Not too many people can make this crusty old retired Army Master Sergeant open up and say these sorts of things. After all, REAL friendships are for life.

My sincere thanks goes out to NLP. Whether it's under the guise of Geoff or Mike, it's NLP and is one of the best shops in Florida. And I thank you.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Staging Lane

Yea ... been watchin' the transition the past 18 months when things started going downhill with NLP. Friendships that were built over years destroyed in months. And I agree - sad to see. Jeff and Mike both will be successful 'cause they are hard workers, honest, and a lot alike in that way.

Good luck to NLP and Mike Norris Motorsports. Though the competition will get exciting in the months to come, there's a plentiful customer base here for both parties to enjoy, especially since Vinci and crew are dedicating so much of their time now to to R&D with their new cam venture.

Good luck to both companies. And good luck to Roger with his new partnership.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:26 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by FullBoreTA
Yea ... been watchin' the transition the past 18 months when things started going downhill with NLP. Friendships that were built over years destroyed in months. And I agree - sad to see. Jeff and Mike both will be successful 'cause they are hard workers, honest, and a lot alike in that way.

Good luck to NLP and Mike Norris Motorsports. Though the competition will get exciting in the months to come, there's a plentiful customer base here for both parties to enjoy, especially since Vinci and crew are dedicating so much of their time now to to R&D with their new cam venture.

Good luck to both companies. And good luck to Roger with his new partnership.
+1 on this statement!

Quick Reply: Message For Next Level Performance