Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

When selling or buying what would you consider "Brand New"

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007 | 04:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here is a pic of what I got. The 2 Ziploc bags and bottle. The rest is my cam stuff, not from this guy. It looks relatively new, but not Brand New as advertised.

Old 08-13-2007 | 05:00 AM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

I'd tell him to refund you $50 and you keep the parts, or he refunds you in full and pays the return shipping.
Old 08-13-2007 | 08:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

He finally responded to the Paypal dispute. Claims he will ship the parts this morning. I cant get him to respond any other way. He actually got pissed that I went to that, but still hasnt responded to anything else.
Old 08-13-2007 | 08:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mnypitZ
My printer is down or I would print that out, because my concern is that he will go in and edit it. Can anyone print that out for me?
I printed the original thread for you if you decide you still need it.
Old 08-13-2007 | 09:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks Jim, he responded to the Dispute claiming he would ship it in the morning, this morning. I havent heard from him, but that is normal.
Old 08-13-2007 | 10:34 AM
12 Second Club

what an sob... that sucks.
Old 08-13-2007 | 08:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Did one of you guys call this guy from Lake Mary?? This guy is claiming that someone called him claiming to be an investigator from Lake Mary. Now he sounds like he is refusing to do anything and Paypal says as long as something was shipped they are siding with him. According to their policy, apparently they do not care about the condition or completeness of an item, only that it was shipped. So this guy could have shipped me a box of rocks and as long as he has a tracking number he is covered by this sham called Paypal. What a crock of ****.
Old 08-13-2007 | 09:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Not I! While I do not use Paypal all that often, I have read of many who do not use it for those exact same reasons. So is Paypal saying he still has to send you the second package, or not?
Old 08-13-2007 | 09:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Paypal refunded me several times in the past because of similar situations. And last time I filed they said I filed as item not received and it was actually missing parts or broken. So they sided with them. THis time I filed it correctly and guess what, are they giving me a refund-----------

Nope, here is what they sent me back less than 5 minutes after I escelated.

Dear John Peacock,

You have chosen to escalate your dispute to a PayPal claim. By ending
communication with the seller, you are asking PayPal to investigate the
case and decide the outcome. As part of our investigation, PayPal reviewed
any communication you may have had in the Resolution Center.

Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
refund.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details
-----------------------------------

Transaction Date: Jul 29, 2007
Transaction Amount: -$180.25 USD
Your Transaction ID: 0N208851320747133
Seller's Transaction ID: 3WN25831MA481271H
Case Number: PP-321-223-461
Seller's Name: RPM-Express
Seller's Email: Pnut6216@aol.com
Old 08-13-2007 | 09:38 PM
12 Second Club

******* christ, i'm sorry dude.
Old 08-13-2007 | 09:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think from now on if I cant pay directly with a credit card I am going to skip the deal, no matter how good. I cant believe all they care is that I recieved a box in the mail. Dont care whats in it if anything at all. Wow talk about NO protection and NO customer service.
Old 08-13-2007 | 09:48 PM
TECH Resident

Was the Paypal paid for by credit card? If so, sick them on him if Paypal won't help!

I've gotten less than as described parts a few times, so I now try to buy new or at least get very good pictures.

Good luck. Hopefully it's not an expensive learning experience.
Old 08-13-2007 | 10:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2002BlackSS
Was the Paypal paid for by credit card? If so, sick them on him if Paypal won't help!

I've gotten less than as described parts a few times, so I now try to buy new or at least get very good pictures.

Good luck. Hopefully it's not an expensive learning experience.
I used my bank account. BUT it doesnt matter. When you use Paypal, you authorized Paypal to charge your credit card, so Visa wont do anything. The only way Visa will back off charges is if you did not authorize them. Paypal covers their own ***.

I can get the parts fairly cheap, but now I am up where I could almost have bought the kit new, and I didnt really want a Dry kit. The good price was what attracted me.
Old 08-14-2007 | 02:36 PM
TECH Resident

The credit card company would go after the seller if Paypal didn't - they probably wouldn't try to do anything to Paypal, but they definately would help you out. Of course, every time I've used Paypal I've used my bank account too, but I know people who've filed (and won) complaints with their credit cards after using them through Paypal.

Anyway, I guess you just have to live and learn - and notify the mods if you haven't already so they can do their part to keep this jerk from scamming anyone else.
Old 08-14-2007 | 05:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

On that last transaction that I filed wrong with paypal I used my credit card. I contacted them and they told me they couldnt do anything because I authorized Paypal to charge me and my dispute was not with Paypal, but a 3rd party. Paypal has documentation to support this and apparently my Visa has gotten into a battle with them before and lost.

Lets see if he follows through. Like I told him over and over, all I am asking for is what I paid for and some updates as to what was going on with the parts I was supposed to get. He got pissed because I told him what everyone that saw the kit said----its not "brand new". It might be like new, or unused, but not brand new. I think brand new would constitute it still being in its origional packaging, not partially assembled with peices from who knows were to make the kit complete once again.
Old 08-15-2007 | 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

OK for those of you following the saga, he said he would ship the additional parts out overnight. That was 2 days ago and no parts came today. I contacted the site administrators. Now I find out he is a sponser on here. So I hope that doesnt give him a pass to be a jerkoff. So much for customer service.
Old 08-16-2007 | 08:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

I put a post in the for sale bad trader area, check it out

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...07#post7624807

Quick Reply: When selling or buying what would you consider "Brand New"