Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Seminole Community College Car Show - Oct 20

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lookin good guys, from what I see in this forum a lot of you will be there.

The dyno showed up earlier today. Badass looking rig.

You guys will be impressed.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by justin00stang
Jason, I don't think saying that I am hard to deal with is fair. I simply have to protect my own interests, just like you have to do. I have $100,000 invested in my mobile dyno business + individual event costs like insurance and employees. It's not an effective business model to spend a whole day at an event and only run 5 cars, I need to have minimums.

The dyno debate is often filled with mis-information. The bottom line, just about every dyno brand out there, including some big ones like Mustang Dyno and Dyno Dynamics, let the operator change the power output to their liking. Some leave it a lone, some try to make it look like a Dynojet, others inflate the numbers so their shop looks better. At the end of the day, Dynojet is the only dyno out there that can not be inflated. There is the load debate, but I can also show you how it makes no difference in WOT power on a 460RWHP heads/cam Z06, as I have a loaded dynojet.

Hopefully you can find out what kind of dyno it is and let everyone on here know.

I hope this first show goes well for you and I will try to make it out there for at least an hour or two.
Dyno debate or not, that's not the main issue.

Hopefully the show goes well for the students' sake. Like I previously stated, this is my first show, and there was way more involved with getting this show off the ground than any of you actually know. Justin, I have nothing against you or your company. However, it was simply not good business for me or the college to pay out funds from our department when we didn't have much of a budget to start with. You told me you could make more money sitting home on the internet. As this is our first show, the vendors are taking a risk to support me, and I appreciate that. I hope you can stop by and check it out. I do not wish to argue with you about this, as I gave you fair chance. If you like what you see at our college and wish to support me in the future, that would be great as you are a part of the local automotive community. It's also not good press to be arguing about stuff when we are both local. I am not sure if you know demonicbird, but it sounded weird that a guy from NJ knew all the details. Calling my vendor a rip off isn't cool. I'm sure you would feel the same way if you were me. All of the vendors are giving me something towards the scholarships as well, whether it be a cash donation, or tools to raffle off at the show. The point being good advertising and money donated to a good cause. Matco and Snap on tools, Enterprise Rental, CFADA, Napa Auto Parts, and others have all given raffle items, as well as paying a sponsor fee. Even small mom and pop stores have helped.

I hope you don't see this post as a flame or anything like a personal attack, because it's not. My main objectives are to promote our new auto building, give students that need/deserve help in their education, and help local business' advertise to the local community.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:08 AM
Teching In

I have no idea who the NJ guy is and did not write that, so please don't accuse me of such.

I've done too many dyno days where someone like you will have good intentions and want me to be there, but the non-car guys running the place want the dyno across the street so "some crazy guy does not blow up their engine trying to show off", to quote some of the things I've been told before. Then I turn into somewhat of a sub-par vendor who can't even be in the vendor area. Requiring cash up front is simply a way of making sure ALL the people putting on the show are serious, otherwise it is much more important for me to maintain my retail online business.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Teching In

Well the show was a Great turn out for the first show even though it rained for like the first to hours Thanks Everyone Who Came!!!!! Post some pics if anyone has any

Quick Reply: Seminole Community College Car Show - Oct 20