Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

pissed off the cops in ocoee

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 11:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pissed off the cops in ocoee

might want to take is slower in ocoee. especially if your car is black. a black cherokee and i were driving past the mayor of ocoee today. i know it's the mayor because of the great big magnetic sticker on the sides of his toyota prius that says OCOEE MAYOR on it. i go home. about 20 minutes later i get a visit from an unmarked white chevy 4 door truck with a yellow cone secured in the bed (seen it many times with his hidden blue/reds flashing). the mayor says i 'flew by ' him. so, he took my tag number and had a deputy come to my house and tell me all about it. we had a 'discussion' about it. said he couldn't do anything about what the mayor saw. told him i can't help the mayor drives a slower car than i do. asked about the black cherokee. said the mayor didn't get complete tag number off of it. told the officer the mayor needs to do a more complete job of it. so, i get the your tires are bald act. told him take a closer look. still has tread. then i was told how he's a TS whatever it is. told him to learn what a drag radial looks like (BFG 325/50-15 has large center section of solid rubber). he says racing tires aren't allowed on the street. told him it has DOT numbers on the tire and are legal for use on the street. go learn about them.

then, i got the nice warning that if he finds me driving my car, he'll have it decommissioned because of the tires. told him to go ahead and do it now. also, reminded him about the mayor not do a good enough job in getting the jeep's tag that passed me and him. officer said well he got you. i said not hard when the mayor is behind me reading my tag. officer said he'll relay my demeanor to the mayor. i said go ahead.

oh well, i'm on the black list for ocoee now. i'm sure i'll start getting pulled over for modified exhaust, loud exhaust, tint too dark, and whatever else they can harass me for. nice way for the mayor to use value able taxpayer money and government resources over his opinion of my speed. if one of us called the station, they wouldn't drop what they were doing to go find who we reported. hope there wasn't a robbery, or accident on the officer's beat, while he was 'visiting' me.

i'm thinking of stopping by the police department and handing them so literature of all the DOT approved drag radials. that way, there won't be a 'mishap' when it comes to incorrectly identifying racing tires and DOT approved tires. should stop in and say hi to the mayor, while i'm there. i'm sure i'll pass by the mayor again. amazing i didn't get a visit from the other times i 'flew' by him.

also, thinking about writing OCOEE MAYOR SUCKS on my back window. the next time i 'fly' by him, i'll make sure to give the one finger wave.

either way, just giving a heads up on it.

Last edited by mrr23; 09-04-2007 at 11:30 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Addict

Wow that sucks, but they can't do **** about your tires. Drag radials are as legal as everything else, even though they waste 5 times faster. And that mayor has nothing better to do?
-Joel
Old 09-04-2007, 11:33 PM
10 Second Club

well, you know, got to stop all those street racers in ocoee. i'm glad he's looking out for things happening in his town, but needs take some classes in speed assessment before wasting taxpayer dollars.

i was somewhat nice to the officer. i did say let's not be asses to each other. guess he didn't like my demeanor either.

i'll be keeping both cameras in my car for awhile. video and photo.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:45 PM
12 Second Club

keep the camera and a tread checker in, they will try to get you for low tread. a buddy left osw on brand new mt et streets and gotta 100 dollar ticket for them, took a video of the cop harassing him, and then took it of him checking the tread depth, 5/32's, well within the legal limit, case dismissed. good luck, and i hope they dont confuse nbm with black, but im sure they will as you describe their awesome detective work
Old 09-04-2007, 11:47 PM
10 Second Club

i saw that video, which gave me the idea to put mine in the car tomorrow.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:48 PM
10 Second Club

maybe i'll put my black C5 wheels on tomorrow and really confuse them.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think you need to drop the DOT specs to the chief of POPO out there so he can learn the troops, and the rear window shoud read "MAYOR WHO"
Old 09-05-2007, 07:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm gonna guess you guys are all in your teens or early 20s.

I'm also gonna guess you'll be sitting on your high horse without the benefit of a driver's license at some point in the next few years.

Seriously... pissing contests with local politicians and cops is NOT healthy. Politicians in particular are just FULL of ****.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:24 AM
10 Second Club

well, i'm 38 and don't mind educating those needing it.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:39 AM
Banned

stick it to the man mrr23. hmmm camera, i might be needing one of those too. lol
Old 09-05-2007, 08:11 AM
TECH Regular

Jesus christ Robert. It seems you can't go anywhere anymore .

I'm still shocked that he drives a Prius. Gotta give the to that.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

that mayors a homo
Old 09-05-2007, 08:36 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ragingwolf51
Jesus christ Robert. It seems you can't go anywhere anymore .

I'm still shocked that he drives a Prius. Gotta give the to that.
well, i guess the mayor is energy and earth conscious.

on another note, i heard one of the ocoee city employees left her baby out in the car yesterday from 8-11am. baby didn't survive. gotta find out more info on it. i guess some concerns need redirecting.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:55 AM
12 Second Club

I thinks its great when people such as yourself can stick it to the officer/politicians that are in need of a humbling experience . I would take video of the tires and the dot labeling on them before you go out driving, and also if you get pulled over, to make sure you already have it documented that they are dot. Ofcourse, I would also keep in mind that its only going to help you with the tire issue. Like you said, they will probably harass you with exhaust etc. Goodluck, I always drive slow through ocoee though, so I dont have to worry about getting pulled over.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mrr23
well, i guess the mayor is energy and earth conscious.
May have been the reason he wrote your tag down. With the amount of oil I can see burning out of your exhaust, he may have **** himself a few bricks and screamed "EEPAA! EEPAA!"

^ Simpsons reference. If you do not understand, go see the movie. It is hilarious!
Old 09-05-2007, 03:03 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

The Ocoee Mayor , should get the one finger salute by any LS1Tech guy that sees him!!
Old 09-05-2007, 05:15 PM
10 Second Club

well, i couldn't give him one today. guess he was busy fielding the reporters over the city police employee and the 22 month old that died in the car after being left in the car for three hours outside the police dept. i feel sorrow for the innocent kid.

http://www.wesh.com/news/14045721/detail.html
Old 09-05-2007, 06:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's why it's kind of nice being a cop. Don't have to worry about all that "harassment", lol.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:16 PM
10 Second Club

reminds me of that song 'free ride'.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

funny thing is Robert i saw you yesterday and your were driving like a ricer out of the Fast and Furious movies. just kidding. it is funny though how i get the dirty looks and follow behinds for a few miles with Ocoee and Winter Garden cops too. it seems they are looking for a reason to pull me over but i drive right by with a big smile on my face thinking that i didn't give them any reason to pull me over. you should drop off the DOT info on your tires to those PIA's because you know they're gonna try to get you with one thing or another.

Quick Reply: pissed off the cops in ocoee