Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

wrecked the bamf

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 04:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't look as bad as JonB's from your myspace default pic. Maybe fleming could fix it for ya.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default That's him ...

Originally Posted by deanasdork
glad your okay man, it can get replaced.

Jack you talking about the kid that had to cut a whole other ta in half and replace it?
Yep, that's Rob (the other Rob ... LOL!). He found another red TA that was totalled in the front, then, worked a deal with the insurance company and the car is as nice as it was the day he bought it. At least that's what I was told.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn... sounding like an echo in here but, good to hear everybody's okay. How you getting around in the meantime?
Old 09-21-2007, 10:49 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just host the pics on here with the insert image button under "Go Advanced". That sucks that happened. At least you didn't end up like Amit and in the hospitle. I can't see the pictures, but hopefully it isn't that bad and can be easily fixed. It would suck to still have to make payments on it if they totaled it.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:47 PM
TECH Regular

If its totaled bro, just start on a clean canvas.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

Rob, we are glad that everyone is ok. let us know if there
is anything we can do to help.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

well guys they picked the car up friday i havent heard anything as of yet, but in worst case i already have plans for a new car. im looking at a 93 240sx yes i know yall all are like oh import but i still have a head and cam im gonna find a block and well lsx power 240 is on the way. but other then that im fine and djs good too were just a little soar. the care was taking to prostar collision care off of phillips if anybodys heard of them. ill set my myspace back to public so yall can check out the pix. but thanx everybody for caring and if i need anything ill let yall know.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:01 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by bluenyghthawk
well guys they picked the car up friday i havent heard anything as of yet, but in worst case i already have plans for a new car. im looking at a 93 240sx yes i know yall all are like oh import but i still have a head and cam im gonna find a block and well lsx power 240 is on the way. but other then that im fine and djs good too were just a little soar. the care was taking to prostar collision care off of phillips if anybodys heard of them. ill set my myspace back to public so yall can check out the pix. but thanx everybody for caring and if i need anything ill let yall know.

Dude why is it going to that body shop, is that where you told them to take it? You have the option to have any shop you want do the work to fix it, if i were you id get it out to fleming island.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:32 AM
On The Tree

Doesn't appear like its a definite total, but definetely some work will need to be done.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:22 AM
TECH Regular

Got FD RX7 before 240 dude.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1

Well depending on the year of the 240 it can be had dirt cheap and look great still, where as getting your hands on a clean FD for less than $10k......... I've looked on occasion, never have much luck.

Well I wish you the best, hopefully they tell you its not finished for good.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:03 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

i went through them cause they garentee the work they wont garentee a body shop of my choice. as far as trhe 240 and the fc well 240 are cheap and i like the body style of the s13 and fc my buddy found me a 94 but they wanted 10k for it so i dont wanna pay that for a 14 year old car
Old 09-25-2007, 12:30 AM
TECH Regular

get the trunk style 240sx, not the hatch, looks way cooler, Silvia front clip an ****.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:40 AM
TECH Regular

Heres what i mean, this is a stock silvia

I was a pacific muscle guy before i went over to the dark side and got my Trans am, but i still think this is badass, even more so with a american heart.

This is as bad as it gets

Old 09-25-2007, 05:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its too bad we never got this over here:
After being to Japan and seeing the S15, I told myself, the hell with Skylines, this is the coolest car I've seen over here. Too bad we didn't get that generation over here, due to the same reason as Fbodys dying off. Nissan said sales were poor. Then they killed it over there to reduce the amount of platforms they had. They probably would have dumbed the looks down anyways like they did with the earlier generations. I like seeing a clean S14 conversion done on the last gen we got over here. Mazda and Nissan used to make a lot of cool ****, its kinda disappointing these days.

Here's a link to someone on the boards here who sold his Fbody and got a 240 with a Silvia conversion. Ls1 gone for a 240.
Thats a good looking ride right there.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:20 AM
FormerVendor

i went through them cause they garentee the work they wont garentee a body shop of my choice. as far as trhe 240 and the fc well 240 are cheap and i like the body style of the s13 and fc my buddy found me a 94 but they wanted 10k for it so i dont wanna pay that for a 14 year old car
Rob no offense bro but that sounds like your insurance company is selling you oceanfront property in arizona. You have the right to take it to the shop of your choice, and the shop is obligated to to guarantee the work, not your insurance. Insurance companys have a "preferred shop" for a reason, and that reason is money, the "preferred shop" is not going to charge the insurance company normal rate's, which generally means they will cut corners on your car to keep cost down.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:00 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

well anything i have a problem with after theya re done they WILL fix
Old 09-25-2007, 08:26 AM
FormerVendor

well anything i have a problem with after theya re done they WILL fix
Im just tryin to look out for ya bro, theres alot of **** *** bodyshops around and they can do things wrong that you will not even know about until 6 months/1 year down the road. If you dont know anything about that shop id seriously consider taking that car to somewhere we all know does excellent work and will look out for your best interests, not the insurance companys best interests.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:30 PM
TECH Resident

i guarantee you if you take to to fleming they will do it right. look at jons car. they did a fantastic job man. any word yet though if they think its totaled. if they total it are you going to buy it back?
Old 09-25-2007, 05:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

ill find out tomnmorow if they total it they said when i called them earlier they were waiting on prices for parts but if they total its im gonna buy it back i need the motor and trans along with a bunch of other stuff to do the conversion

Quick Reply: wrecked the bamf