Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

UTI in Orlando, anyone here there?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

urinary traction infection? lol, that was the first thing I thought of when I read the header..
Old 10-26-2007, 11:22 AM
Teching In

True lol UTI isnt that great anyway
Old 10-26-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Addict

**** well i had my mind set on it. i don't mind being a tech but i really want to either do high performance or diesel. any schools in the orlando area that are really good and i'll learn alot? as far as i have seen from you guys it doesn't look good. any help is great because i'm moving on the 25th and want to start classes in january.... it's funny is all i've heard is good stuff about UTI, and most of the things i hear is "The Best"
Old 10-26-2007, 04:50 PM
Banned

GM's ASEP program is one of the best ones around here. Like I said I didn't go because being a tech just isn't my thing. But I compared both schools and the ASEP program is the better one. I might be able to hook you up with a job at my work too since I might be leaving around then too, depending on what happens with school
Old 10-26-2007, 06:55 PM
TECH Addict

ok, is ASEP in orlando? my girlfriend went ahead and got an apartment without me saying and it's already baught and paid for so i'm screwed there, unless it's in orlando?
Old 10-27-2007, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

ASEP is offered at Seminole Community College in Sanford, FL.

Its like 15 min from Orlando.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:00 AM
TECH Addict

ok that's good, and also i'm not looking to do any academic classes or any of that BS i want to do strictly automotive. is that what that is?
Old 10-27-2007, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
ok that's good, and also i'm not looking to do any academic classes or any of that BS i want to do strictly automotive. is that what that is?
No, you have to do your general academic classes too.

If you already have them then you should be set.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:24 AM
TECH Addict

i don't have them and i don't want to take them.. anyway i can just take the auto course?

what's so bad about UTI

or answer this... will i still learn a ton about engines and know most everything needed to work on them? and by tech what exactly do you all mean by that?
Old 10-27-2007, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

There are other automotive programs at SCC.

The GM ASEP and Ford ASSET are the only programs I know of that require academic classes, you get an AS Degree with these programs.

There are other programs there that are only 1 year and you don't have to take adademic courses. You only get a certificate from that program.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Teching In

You get your AS Degree with the ASEP program and the ASEP program was #1 in the nation in 2006 but there is a General program but with the ASEP Program you get Co op at the dealer with pay during school
Old 10-27-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
i don't have them and i don't want to take them.. anyway i can just take the auto course?

what's so bad about UTI

or answer this... will i still learn a ton about engines and know most everything needed to work on them? and by tech what exactly do you all mean by that?
I went to UTI, graduated Sept 06. UTI is not like high school. they don't spoon feed you. If you WANT to learn, you will learn A LOT. Don't just wait for the instructors to tell you what you want to know, ASK THEM. All I ever did was hold side conversations with the instructors probing them about real shop life, what they would REALLY do given a certain problem, etc.

In my opinion, UTI itself is a waste. I used UTI as a gateway into the Mercedes-Benz ELITE program. I learned more there in 4 months than I did from freshman year shop class all the way through UTI. The program was awesome, you get to do REAL work on the cars, and you learn so much it hurts your head. The work is tough, NOTHING like UTI, you actually have to work, you aren't told what is going to be on the tests, and in one week you get a binder bigger than the year's worth of work at UTI, no joke. It's not cake walk, but honestly that's what I liked about it.

You have to truly want the education, most just want the certificate. You can go there, study the parts they tell you to highlight because you "may see them again" and pass with a 4.0 piece of cake. It is by FAR the easiest school I have ever been to in my life. It's a shame that they let so many retards in there, because all they do is bash the school and say blah blah blah the school sucks you don't learn **** the rules are gay, etc.

They have strict rules, but it's a private school what do you expect?

The people who say it sucks, and that you don't learn ****, are the same people you see dicking around in the shop, copying other people's work, cheating on tests, sleeping, etc.

You get out of it what you put into it, that's all I can really say.

Quick Reply: UTI in Orlando, anyone here there?