Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

AR Headers tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 09:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, the 2nd run, I had the heater wide open at the windshield, which actually should get the thermostat opening to push cooler water through the motor. Dunno if it made a difference ... sun through 1st and 2nd on my last run because of some oil on the track.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what was the MPH?? And congrats on how great your car is doing. You know, all this good fortune is coming from the fact that you got your hood painted lol.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:00 PM
TECH Addict

1st run, the MPH was 114 ... have no idea what it would have been if I hadn't eased out of the throttle 'cause I couldn't see ... didn't back out of it much, but, it was about a second or so before I hit the traps. I cut a 1.8 flat and didn't launch very hard, so, the Nitto's hooked fairly well on the first run ... just wish i hadn't let off.

2nd run, Nitto's just have a really hard time getting off the line, combined with the fact the guy was running a mop over some oil at the tree area. Spun through 1st and most of 2nd with a nasty 60" time of 2.24 and still pulled off the same MPH.

I'll be going back out tomorrow night with my son and hope to hit 11's on the Nitto's ... so close last night, but, just not meant to be, I guess. I'll nail 'em if the Nitto's will stick. All-in-all, the car;s got a little more in it, but, I don't expect a whole lot more than last night until I come back in January with MT Street DR's. Those things hook dead-on everytime ... cut a 1.70 on cold tires last time out with the MT's.

P.S.: If I hadn't painted that black hood, it would have at least knocked off 3/10's off my ET ... hehehe!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 07:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

very nice numbers. looks like a really clean setup.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
1st run, the MPH was 114 ... have no idea what it would have been if I hadn't eased out of the throttle 'cause I couldn't see ... didn't back out of it much, but, it was about a second or so before I hit the traps. I cut a 1.8 flat and didn't launch very hard, so, the Nitto's hooked fairly well on the first run ... just wish i hadn't let off.

2nd run, Nitto's just have a really hard time getting off the line, combined with the fact the guy was running a mop over some oil at the tree area. Spun through 1st and most of 2nd with a nasty 60" time of 2.24 and still pulled off the same MPH.

I'll be going back out tomorrow night with my son and hope to hit 11's on the Nitto's ... so close last night, but, just not meant to be, I guess. I'll nail 'em if the Nitto's will stick. All-in-all, the car;s got a little more in it, but, I don't expect a whole lot more than last night until I come back in January with MT Street DR's. Those things hook dead-on everytime ... cut a 1.70 on cold tires last time out with the MT's.

P.S.: If I hadn't painted that black hood, it would have at least knocked off 3/10's off my ET ... hehehe!!!

I can't wait to hear about how your car does tonite. Good luck and be sure to post.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks Wesley and thanks 68birdls1. Today, I removed the lower front air dam and the rubber seal from the back of the hood near the windshield. With nearly the same identical 60' as Wednesday (1.768 on the Nitto's), I picked up 1/10th and 2 MPH. Didn't break 11's this time out, but, I did get within 3/100's. All-in-all I was pleased with both runs I did.

1st run > best times yet and mph, as well.

2nd run > got the opportunity to race against Dave's (Caveman) 6.0 GTO. Now THAT was a real priviledge.

Great night out at the track and met some good people tonight, as well.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:52 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
Yeah, LS1Freak had a set of 1 3/4" AR's installed. I saw his and just had to have a set installed. Will be going to the track tonight at Bithlo, so, we'll see how the car performs at the track. Hopefully, I won't be disappointed ... on Nitto's so I'll be launching easy to get out of the hole. But, in January, I'll be back on MT Street DR's.
Congrats man!!! Finally got them install, looks great, good gains as well, you will not regret the $ you spend on those, believe me, I'm so happy with mine, its not even funny. my car went from 13.23@ 105.5 to 12.68@109.97 amazing huh? i hope to see you at the track some day, I'll be going the first week after new years, happy holidays to you
Old 12-22-2007, 11:47 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

It was good to see you at the track again Jack. That was a good race we had , we both had good lights but you pulled away pretty good, you got me by 3-4 cars.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:48 AM
TECH Addict

It's always good seeing you there, as well ... or anywhere else for that matter. I was happy to see you pull up in the staging lane right beside me. The opportunity to race you, no matter which car you were driving, was a welcome one. Thanks for letting me win ... lol .... j/k. Yessir, it was a good race and I had a lot of fun that night.

On that race, I had a 1.80 60' on the Nitto's and ET'd 12.1 flat @ 114.57 mph. My next time out will be with MT street DR's and a 21mm Strano hollow rear bar .... trying to break into 11's seems near impossible for this car ... should be easy mid-11's, however, 'something just ain't gettin' me there'.

Dave, hope your Christmas was a Christmas shared with lots of family and friends. I'll be seein' ya' once the track opens up again. Again, thanks for the race my friend.

Quick Reply: AR Headers tomorrow