"careless driving" citation

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 07:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by black00ssFL
Cop didnt show?
Probably.

I just used a lawyer for the first and last time. This was the first time I really cared about protesting it, because the ticket was bogus, but unfortunately the lawyer just made it worse. I can't afford to pay the lawyer and the ticket when the lawyer doesn't get the penalty dropped. I could probably have gone to court and represented myself and gotten the points dropped.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Chances are the cop never showed. As I said, I've NEVER seen a lawyer fight a ticket and/or get 1 dropped for a client anytime I've ever been to traffic court, and I go just about every week. The only times I see tickets dropped are when the cop doesn't show (VERY rare) and/or an accident ticket whicht he officer didn't witness and the other party involved doesn't show up. Other than that, it's points dropped with a lawyer.

Truth is, if you have a decent driving record you can do just as much as an attorney does as far as getting points dropped and save the $70 or whatever thay charge.

Some agencies don't place a big emphasis on their officers going to traffic court, thus a good chance the ticket will get dropped if you take it to court. For us, we HAVE to show up, not an option for my agency.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregg 00SS
Chances are the cop never showed. As I said, I've NEVER seen a lawyer fight a ticket and/or get 1 dropped for a client anytime I've ever been to traffic court, and I go just about every week. The only times I see tickets dropped are when the cop doesn't show (VERY rare) and/or an accident ticket whicht he officer didn't witness and the other party involved doesn't show up. Other than that, it's points dropped with a lawyer.

Truth is, if you have a decent driving record you can do just as much as an attorney does as far as getting points dropped and save the $70 or whatever thay charge.

Some agencies don't place a big emphasis on their officers going to traffic court, thus a good chance the ticket will get dropped if you take it to court. For us, we HAVE to show up, not an option for my agency.
I have a hard time believing cops never showed up for the ~20 times between me and all of my friends. I have yet to see someone have to go to driving school or pay court costs for a simple speeding ticket. And they would be out of business if it didn't work since they offer a money back guarantee.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Maybe they do things differently where you're from. In my county, a lawyer isn't going to get you out of a ticket. Hell, I JUST came from traffic court. Both of my clients had a traffic lawyer, and as always, standard withhold with no points. They pay the fine/court costs, no points, done deal. Oh yeah, and 3 hours OT just for showing up

Last edited by Gregg 00SS; 02-12-2008 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gregg 00SS
Maybe they do things differently where you're from. In my county, a lawyer isn't going to get you out of a ticket. Hell, I JUST came from traffic court. Both of my clients had a traffic lawyer, and as always, standard withhold with no points. They pay the fine/court costs, no points, done deal.
That's how it's done here.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:33 PM
TECH Junkie

I got a aggressive driving ticket when I was 17, it was 8 hours of traffic school instead of 4, which was pointless, it was the same stuff said twice then.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:07 PM
On The Tree

Here in Destin a stupid trooper arrested me for flooring it around a F*ck-stick that was pointing at balloons, driving off the road throwing gravel on me, and driving 10 under in the left lane. I did deserve a ticket but nothing more. After I got a copy of the report I found that he made up a bunch of things that I did not do such as like 8 lane changes and a bunch of other lies. Since I was in the military I had a hard time dealing with my commander and first sergent. All of the sudden I was the liar. F*** all those ******** in their stupid asses!

P.S. Did I mention the $200 I spent to the wrecker Co. that towed and stored my car for 8 hours and another $2xx in court costs?

Quick Reply: "careless driving" citation