Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Moving to Tampa area soon got ques about FL

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 05:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Moving to Tampa area soon got ques about FL

So the old lady and I got orders to MacDill AFB outside of Tampa. Is there emissions testing in FL? Can you guys fill me in on what is to do around there? Im planning on bring both my camaros down. Im already looking for a 3 car garage home. Peace.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Launching!

No emissions, and you should definately be able find something to do around here.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:07 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No emissions, plenty of tracks within an hour or 2. Welcome to Florida!
Old 02-15-2008, 02:21 AM
12 Second Club

Sweet! You guys ever meet up at all? Any excuse for me to cruise is a good excuse but then again its Florida aint it nice there all the time? I heard its like Hawaii but with added humidity. Anyways Thanks for letting me know theres no emissions! That rocks My last state side base (Nebraska) had no emissions either.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:47 AM
TECH Regular

Housing will be fun... but should be a bit more calmed down, i dont think you will find anything that you are looking for in a house any where near the base, possible on the St. Pete side, but nothing cheap over there i believe. I live out east in the Brandon/Riverview/Valrico area, and that is where alot of Macdill folks live, plenty of new, and used housing, and finding a 3car garage house is pretty easy. The drive to work can suck, some days more than others, but i dont use the toll ways, and i usually average 45min each way, time of day depending. As stated plenty of things to do, group in my sig get together quite a bit, then theres a St Pete crew that is a bit larger that also get together regularly.

If i remember screen names right, I have hung out with you before in Omaha, but i got rid of the trans am i had up there long ago.

Anything else you need to know, ask away... couple of folks stationed at macdill that are on here
Old 02-17-2008, 09:30 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jasonk
Housing will be fun... but should be a bit more calmed down, i dont think you will find anything that you are looking for in a house any where near the base, possible on the St. Pete side, but nothing cheap over there i believe. I live out east in the Brandon/Riverview/Valrico area, and that is where alot of Macdill folks live, plenty of new, and used housing, and finding a 3car garage house is pretty easy. The drive to work can suck, some days more than others, but i dont use the toll ways, and i usually average 45min each way, time of day depending. As stated plenty of things to do, group in my sig get together quite a bit, then theres a St Pete crew that is a bit larger that also get together regularly.

If i remember screen names right, I have hung out with you before in Omaha, but i got rid of the trans am i had up there long ago.

Anything else you need to know, ask away... couple of folks stationed at macdill that are on here
Sweet! Yeah I havent changed screen names ever and I used to have the same one on the NE GM site but recently shortened it.
Im looking to move into the same area that you are in I guess there are a lot of folks in that neck of the woods. My wife has a HS friend that lives in South of that brndon area something beach or something like that I cant remember but she is looking in that area too. Luckily we are mil to mil so we should be able to find something decent. The big issue for me is dragging all my **** that I got in storage at the inlaws. Thats going to be a pain.
So 45 min is the average time to get to base from what I have heard. That sucks but I can live with that. You guys have your own little forum or do you just hang in this part of tech?
Old 02-17-2008, 09:33 AM
12 Second Club

Oh are there any speed shops in FL? Or do you guys just mail order.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Launching!

There's a few, RevXtreme, Norris, Transmission Physicians, Race Related.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:51 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How long till ya get here?
Old 02-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

Welcome to Florida. You are going to like it here. Let us know if you need any more information.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:53 PM
12 Second Club

Summer time unless they wont curtail my orders then it will be next june. My wife has her orders already. She will be there at the end of may.

Im digging it the more I read about it. Whats with all these snakes a **** I am a little worried. I have never dealt with snakes oh and Gators too. If I encounter one in the bush its going to be WWIII/Vietnam ****.

I am so tired of working on my own **** I think im going to go the lazy route and have someone build my Z up for me when I get down there.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL....Snakes and Gators....Just don't go swimming.....J/K...It only hurts for a little bit when they bite.....all jokes aside..they are more afraid of you then you will be of them...IMO
Old 02-18-2008, 02:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Im trying to get back to Tampa I have orders to South Florida (recruiting orders), but Im still waiting to find out where I will be going.

Tampa is a great place though
Old 02-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Banned

I was at MacDill (MARCENT) for a week before i went to Iraq. Damn that base is small and theres nowhere to park. I did enjoy all the restaurants and bars and such though. Plus i drove home to Ocala almost every day!

Quick Reply: Moving to Tampa area soon got ques about FL