Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Street racers kill 1 and hurt 4 on Rosevelt Blvd, in front of NAS JAX.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

such a shame. nothing but sympathy for those victims,... and the guy thats in jail now... 20 years old and will have to carry that label,... that sucks. Seems like he was definitely an idiot though (had his license suspended 3 times already at the age of 20?!?!). The mustang driver had to have seen it happen or at least heard about it by now... he'll hopefully, eventually, mention it to somebody and it will get around. Hell, he/she might even be stupid enough to brag about it on a mustang forum and have it catch up with them. who knows....

I wish there was a Jax 1/4mile track. I used to goto the track all the time in hawaii and not sure if its the same everywhere else but, they had there open, 'test and tune', or whatever nights on fridays from 6pm-12am. Only problem was, so many freak'n people would be there that you might get 5-6 passes max if your lucky AND, thats assuming you got right back in line after making a pass.. Was funny to see how after that first fast and the furious movie came out that all the ricers started getting ridiculous, and showing up at the track which was most of the congestion. Great that they were going to the right place but, damn those F@#$ers!
Old 02-27-2008, 01:12 AM
TECH Regular

if it was a good race between an acura and a mustang, the cops better look for a modded V6 or a stock V8...
Old 02-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Teching In

Well first off it is STUPID,with traffic around it is stupid. On Sat nights with NOONE around is still pretty stupid, but at least there is NOONE around. The kid that came to Jail he is in a wheelchair, back brace, and neck brace, and is going to have trouble walking normal again, so he won't forget about it. Second off, the Politicians in this county are responsible for this SOLEY due to the fact that they agreed with the public who moved next to JAX raceways AFTER IT WAS BUILT and then bitched because it was too loud. Third my Uncle is building a 1/4 mile in GoldenIlses patterned after G-ville that SHOULD be ready by the end of THIS YEAR the track is only aboutttttt 35/45 minutes for DOWNTOWN JAX, and about a hop skip and a jump from Fernandina, it is like a couple exits inside of Georgia. That being said, a track other than G-ville will be here soon, since the First Coast Racing thing is a bunch of Hype and NONE of those people have came through on anything except HYPE. My Uncle ALREADY the land cleared and most all electricity set up, and the sections lined out, he is holding for some permits at the moment but I will check with him this week maybe to see if I can find out any new info, but rest assured, this IS real, this IS happening, and this IS being built as we speak. This is not some crap you hear about for 2 years like FirstCoastRacing did, and they haven't even bought land for it yet.My Uncle bought this dirt track already a couple years ago and Spent $$$$$$$ getting it ready for action, and now it is pretty badass, he holds world of outlaws events and national late model events, and he is already talking with NHRA about "future Events" NEAR "future" events. The website is http://goldenislesspeedway.com/ If you guys wanna check it out. There is only pictures of from the first few weeks of clearing and leveling, there aren't any recent pictures but keep checking because they should put up some new pictures soon.
Oh yeah and when this thing is finished, can we say "ALL GM TRACK DAY"

Bottom line is Street Racing is dangerous and we have all probably done it, I know I have but we need places to race safely and these places are the track.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Teching In

The kid in the Mustang is in the NAVY. His Comand turned him in this morning. I was told they were not racing the Mustang cut off the kid in the Acura.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98warbird
The kid in the Mustang is in the NAVY. His Comand turned him in this morning. I was told they were not racing the Mustang cut off the kid in the Acura.
I figured one of them was in the Navy.
Poor guy, he's gonna get shafted by the Navy and civilians.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by FreezeGTO
Third my Uncle is building a 1/4 mile in GoldenIlses patterned after G-ville that SHOULD be ready by the end of THIS YEAR the track is only aboutttttt 35/45 minutes for DOWNTOWN JAX, .....

That's awesome news man. Can't wait.
I didn't see any mention about test n tune though, maybe I missed it.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Local-heretic
That's awesome news man. Can't wait.
I didn't see any mention about test n tune though, maybe I missed it.
Well schedule is up in the air until the track gets finished, but I can guarantee you this, I will pretty much get some exclusive benefits that noone else will have, like private track days,LSX ONLY track days, Private Test n Tunes, you know the good stuff like that. I am sure that I can work out things for our forum and our groups at a siginificantly cheaper rate than anyone else hell maybe even free. I am going to try and help him manage it when my current work schedule allows, so we will see.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:52 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to see another track going up. The east coast needs one.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:38 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 98warbird
Old 02-28-2008, 11:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sucks for him, as stated he will be doubly raped now. Oh well shouldn't have been driving like a idiot. Wonder what got him busted though, someone pull a video tape from somewhere or did he run his mouth?
Old 02-28-2008, 02:13 PM
TECH Addict

they probibly saw his car and him all messed up and put two and two together
Old 02-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Teching In

The guy did not drive his car to work he drove his truck so his Command put 2 and 2 together and confronted him about him and he came clean. But he is Fu<ked.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^ huh?!?

how would not driving your car to work tip somebody off? I have a beater and the camaro and I regularly switch up which one I drive and dont hear anything about it. He had to be running his mouth or somebody that was with him ratted him out. Either way, I'm not to sympathetic toward the navy guy that left the scene. I believe if your foolish enough to commit the crime, you better at least man-up and take responsibility for the aftermath. Dont forget somebody's innocent loved ones are dead or injurred now and this guy thought he could just run away from it unscathed.....
Old 02-28-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Addict

b/c on the news they said a blue mustang and you know the guy was beat up after the crash and i guess the commander was just giving it a shot asking the question and he confessed
Old 02-28-2008, 08:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by camar0corey
I went to NAS Jax a few times, I didn't even like driving normally in that area, always seems really busy there. So about those tracks........ Cuba has to be opened up, deport all those people and retirees that complain about noise! They are probably the same people that complain about street racing, but they don't realize their actions of shutting down tracks helps promote this behavior. I'm sure people that bitch about track noise realize the track is there, yet they move close to it. Its their own damn fault. Me I could live across from a track and be very very happy.

Wonder if they will ever find the Mustang?
You sure dont know what in the hell you are saying. What do your racists thoughts about Cubans have to with people racing. First Off Street Racing is STUPID!!!! and dangerous to everyone!!!!! That is why people complain and that is why IT IS ILLEGAL. How can you blame Cubans for shuttin down a track when in JAX the cuban population is way less that here in Miami and JUST LAST YEAR WE HAD A NEW TRACK OPENED!!! People move outward because POPULATION is growing we just hit the 5 Trillion worldwide last year. It is normal; Cities will expand building will occupy the sky. Your track was opened for X amount of years but JAX grew and still is that is why no longer they will allow that track there or simply because you did not choose a correct leader in your city and he allowed to oversee street racing and closed the track. I would sugest for you to reflect on you thoughts and have a open mind that you are no better than anyone else, you sir are an imigrant yourself an American-Imigrant. This country is what is it because our forefathers migrated to this country seeking freedom. I love this country however like in all other places in the world I see people that are just plain ignorant just like you sir.

Yes I am cuban and proud!!
Old 02-28-2008, 08:51 PM
11 Second Club

^^^^whatever dude?????
Old 03-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bboyxclub
You sure dont know what in the hell you are saying. What do your racists thoughts about Cubans have to with people racing. First Off Street Racing is STUPID!!!! and dangerous to everyone!!!!! That is why people complain and that is why IT IS ILLEGAL. How can you blame Cubans for shuttin down a track when in JAX the cuban population is way less that here in Miami and JUST LAST YEAR WE HAD A NEW TRACK OPENED!!! People move outward because POPULATION is growing we just hit the 5 Trillion worldwide last year. It is normal; Cities will expand building will occupy the sky. Your track was opened for X amount of years but JAX grew and still is that is why no longer they will allow that track there or simply because you did not choose a correct leader in your city and he allowed to oversee street racing and closed the track. I would sugest for you to reflect on you thoughts and have a open mind that you are no better than anyone else, you sir are an imigrant yourself an American-Imigrant. This country is what is it because our forefathers migrated to this country seeking freedom. I love this country however like in all other places in the world I see people that are just plain ignorant just like you sir.

UUHHH, maybe you should actually read what he wrote. He stated that Cuba is opened up an to deport all those who complain about the racing to Cuba. He mentioned nothing about Cubans being the problem, simply get rid of the retired people and others who complain about track nights and deport them. Thats great and all your Cuban but he was not talking about Cubans...again READ THE POST.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

Originally Posted by bboyxclub

READING is fundamental.

Quick Reply: Street racers kill 1 and hurt 4 on Rosevelt Blvd, in front of NAS JAX.