Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Eckler's Camarofest October 18,2008 in Titusville

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 06:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm heading over with stealth71 anyone else wanna join the cannonball run posse?
Old 10-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pharcyde50
I'm heading over with stealth71 anyone else wanna join the cannonball run posse?

Hey there is going to be a few of us leaving around 6-6:30am...From Tampa..What time you guys plan on leaving?
Old 10-17-2008, 05:59 AM
11 Second Club

We'll be leaving from orlando my brother Stealh71 lives over there. We have to get some pre partying done on friday night How are you guys cutting out to titusville? I think we're heading down 50. Do you guys want to meet up a speedworld and roll in?
Old 10-17-2008, 06:34 AM
12 Second Club

I am also registered. I will leave Ocala at 7am with a friend. Ill be in the Red 02 SS LE, and he will be in a red 69 camaro vert! Anyone know how many are expected to show up?
Old 10-17-2008, 06:52 AM
Teching In

No numbers on pre-registered but from previous years events, you can expect a good turnout. May even be better this year since Ecklers has invited the Tri-5, and Vette owners to participate.
Leaving Lady Lake @ 5 to meet up with friends in Sanford and then on to Titusville for breakfast with fellow CCCF members who are working the show. Should be a great day for a show. Weather looks like it should be comfortable all day. After the show a few of us are heading over to Apopka for dinner at The Catfish Place and then on to a cruise at the Steak & Shake/ Walmart on 441. Anyone wanting to join us are welcome, the more the merrier.
I will be working registration (look for the guy in the SLIME GREEN host club shirt), make sure you introduce yourselves and say hello. Have a safe trip to the show.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hidalgoz28
Hey there is going to be a few of us leaving around 6-6:30am...From Tampa..What time you guys plan on leaving?
Google maps says 528 across so you won't be coming past Speedworld or really any of our route, but we could meet up closer to the show and cruise in if you all want. We'll have a UCF tent setup near our cars.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think we are running over on 417 (if thats the best way)....meeting up closer to the event is cool with us. Just where? Don't know the area very well.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

VERY NICE TURNOUT GUYS and GALS!!!!! It is nice to see everyone get together and have a good time. I hope everyone made it home safe. If any of yall have pics throw em up.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah it was a nice turn out, but when a car that doesnt even have paint on it wins second place, and nice cars are passed over, I dont think I will be back next year. Sorry.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

No doubt. I went last in 2005 and said never again since the judges were voting for their friends or whatever. Obviously that has not changes. The 3 of us had the cleanest underhood cars there, and mine is obscenely modified.

Not good enough for them.

The winner of the stock 4th gen Camaro was a Hot Rod Magazine car. Um, WHAT? Stock means what GM made.

Modified means modified and custom means the same.

They could not even have a decent person out there to park us.

D- to F. Very sad since they have a good store.....
Old 10-19-2008, 12:28 AM
Banned

Well I only have the first half of my photos uploaded right now. but heres the link

LINK LINK LINK LINK LINK LINK LINK

I didnt stay till the end... do you guys remember who placed in modified and stock?

I guess the hot rod camaro won?

and the LS1/ chevelle got second in modified?

Ive been spending all my time trying to finish my turbo. So i didnt really clean mine up. and 95% of the people there couldnt find my turbo. The only guy who did was visiting from england. I didnt know it was that hard... lol
So most of the people there think there was a Ghetto rigged intercooled N/A Firehawk.

W/e it was nice to meet you kwiksilver and Medwar and i remember seeing a cayenne pepper Z28
Old 10-19-2008, 07:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mnypitZ
Yeah it was a nice turn out, but when a car that doesnt even have paint on it wins second place, and nice cars are passed over, I dont think I will be back next year. Sorry.
Originally Posted by kwiksilverz28
No doubt. I went last in 2005 and said never again since the judges were voting for their friends or whatever. Obviously that has not changes. The 3 of us had the cleanest underhood cars there, and mine is obscenely modified.

Not good enough for them.

The winner of the stock 4th gen Camaro was a Hot Rod Magazine car. Um, WHAT? Stock means what GM made.

Modified means modified and custom means the same.

They could not even have a decent person out there to park us.

D- to F. Very sad since they have a good store.....

For some reason im not surprised. LOL
Old 10-19-2008, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damm i should have checked this one out. There was a som (ws6?) there and my girl was just down the block at her moms. That engine looked a bit dirty.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:00 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mnypitZ
I didn't know who got second place we left around 2:30. Sorry if some car doesn't have paint, but I can guarantee they have more time and money into it than your work of art.

Were you even in the modified class. There were only 2 LS swaps in the parking lot and the other was a LS7 Camaro that someone paid to have built.

Any way it was my first show and I just got the car on the road last week. It's all go and no show and I guess others build them for different reasons.

- I guess the black WS6 won 2nd?. That thing is built. Who knows we left early. Do they post the results?

Last edited by stealth71; 10-19-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

All I can say is until you guys, if you haven't, have had your cars judged for a 1000 pt show and know what to look for when it comes to cleanliness, shouldn't be so fast to throw stones. Just because a car does not have paint does not mean he can't place. His car was not even in the same class with the F-bodies. Even though this was not a 1000 pt show, these people who judged have done those numerous times and know what to look for when it comes to cleanliness. That is the name of the game. They judged interiors as well guys and if you did not bother to detail your car you got points off. I did not judge but from walking around and looking at alot of the cars, the people who won something had thier cars detailed. Some just better than others. The Berger Hot Rod won in stock class because there was no dealer modified class so it is considered stock because that is how it was sold new.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have been judged and also been a judge in a 1000 point show and is paint one of those high point classes? And missing some cleaning on the interior shound not knock you down to many points unless you tracked mud or didnt clean out the ash tray.

Zero paint=zero points.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

but when everyone else does not miss those things and you do then what? also, when you are one of 2 cars in the same class that means you take second place......
Old 10-19-2008, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Personally I liked the K5 Blazer with the Fat Motor,

Modified Class is just that "modified" putting a LS6 intake on your LS1 doesn't put you in the modified class, it still would be stock, even if if it was a iron 402, still stock,

Now a set of twins through a sheet metal intake on a LS series motor---"modified",

For Ecklers people, it's all NCRS, they know how to judge cars, and I don't think its Daytona, just a small local show,

maybe some of you guys should just stick to the local "F" body gatherings,
Old 10-19-2008, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ntimid8r7
but when everyone else does not miss those things and you do then what? also, when you are one of 2 cars in the same class that means you take second place......
So a win by default then. And then if a leaf or the wind blows dust falls into my car and im not there to take it out i lose points?
Old 10-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Teching In

i will say this... a car [or rather carS] that wins 1 place in most classes, and is owned by a member of the car club helping host the show [tech inspectors and all] looks to the average person like a bit of a scam...

and to kwiksilver... a bit of a heads up, they do judge more than engine bays at car shows, having a procharger doesn't = wins

Quick Reply: Eckler's Camarofest October 18,2008 in Titusville