Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Eckler's Camarofest October 18,2008 in Titusville

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008 | 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

WOW a car with no clear coat places. I would have gave that a big fat ZERO.

Im going to put soda or brake fluid on my paint and then enter a show.
Old 10-19-2008 | 06:41 PM
Teching In

Are there results anywhere?we had to leave early.
Old 10-19-2008 | 06:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pharcyde50
Umm I've done all the mods on my car. When was the last time you built a custom dual 3" x piped exhaust through a umi frame mount toque arm. I have completely taken apart my car and put it back together again from the moser 9" install to the new motor. Don't be a hater! Oh by the way I know no one at Eckler's!
Not trying to be a hater man. I was only pointing out to the guy up further in the thread that made the insinuation about me not doing any work on my car, only cleaning it. Not that you hadnt done any work. I admire hard work on the cars, and not just stroking a check. Did you honestly think you should have gotten 2nd place? Not being a jerk, but I thought there were some pretty nice Firebirds there that were also modified that maybe should have placed and didnt.
Old 10-19-2008 | 06:54 PM
11 Second Club

We came because it was a reason to get together and cruise out to a show. We were planning on hitting the NPD show, but my car wasn't running yet. Just be a good sport and don't talk ish on the net. We all post on here and read cause we are doing stuff and moding our cars. Some people have more time, money, different interests...... Did you seriously look at the car other than the hood? Ok it needs some clear coat and I'm sure it lost points for that, but the rest of the car surely makes up for it.
Old 10-19-2008 | 07:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by stealth71
We came because it was a reason to get together and cruise out to a show. We were planning on hitting the NPD show, but my car wasn't running yet. Just be a good sport and don't talk ish on the net. We all post on here and read cause we are doing stuff and moding our cars. Some people have more time, money, different interests...... Did you seriously look at the car other than the hood? Ok it needs some clear coat and I'm sure it lost points for that, but the rest of the car surely makes up for it.
I keep saying it. I never claimed that car was junk, or not done up nicely. Only that there were other cars in that class, or should have been in that class, that were nicer. It was a show, so I would think show cars would have won.

But something occured to me while reading all the replies. Some of the cars that won in stock class were not stock, so maybe the other Firebirds that I thought would be competing with his were actually in stock class. The classifications were kinda skewed on this one.
Old 10-19-2008 | 07:08 PM
11 Second Club

Hey I was just their to and enjoy the company of my friends. I just had my car apart for almost a year rebuilding it and hey I'm no car show judge just a hardcore car crafter.
Old 10-19-2008 | 07:33 PM
Banned

Im glad i got to see your car Pharcyde. I can't decide whether to murder mine or keep it
black and chrome.

But im also not a show guy... go before show. and ive got years more of getting it to go before i decide to spend big money and time on making it look pretty.

I went because i wanted to get out and meet everybody.

Everybody has there own opinions. Thats was makes the car hobby so much fun.

I think we can all agree on that. We all had fun, meet some people, saw some nice cars, got a a shirt.
Old 10-19-2008 | 07:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kwiksilverz28
No doubt! The blower was one of the the easier of the mods. I have more time in the LS6 manifold smoothing and paint than that blower install took.
wow... your kidding right??? is this not your exact words?

Originally Posted by kwiksilverz28
No doubt. I went last in 2005 and said never again since the judges were voting for their friends or whatever. Obviously that has not changes. The 3 of us had the cleanest underhood cars there, and mine is obscenely modified.
all i was saying is that it takes more than that, so if you can arrogantly enough point out that you had the cleanest underhood package, i am sure that no one will every argue that there engine bay was done nicer ... you may wish to spend some more time on the rest of the car, try not to get to bothered over it...

On a side note what class were you placed in, I am curious? modified or custom

Originally Posted by mnypitZ
And you joined LS1tech today to tell him that?? A little defensive are we??
and yeah, my only reason right there.... that is why it was the second part of the post, looks more like i read through the thread first...

same question though were you in modified or custom class?

Last edited by -=01Z28=-; 10-19-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-19-2008 | 08:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Again, I had a response, but not worth the ensuing drama. I had a good time but will not likely be going next year. So, you will not have to hear my complain next time.

The classes were never outlined nor assigned to me that I know of. At Super Chevy Show in Gainesville, I was in Modified due to the blower. Their website has an excellent outlay of the classes (Stock, Street and Modified). They are specific about dealer modified cars not being stock. Their show has been going on for a long time, so I kind of assumed that their classifications were standard.
Old 10-19-2008 | 09:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh well. We did have fun, there were a lot of nice cars there. I was just dissapointed in the judging. As mentioned, there did not seem to be a clear description of classes, and to my knowlege I wasnt asked what class I wanted to be in. There was someone with our cars all day and I dont nobody remembers anyone even judging them. All of the cars in our group, in my opinion, should have been in the same catagory, but only one had the green dot on the headlight. So you tell me. Did they run out of the dots right after judging his and before judging ours right beside his??

And just so you know, money constraints have kept me from going further with mods, but bling is nearly free, and cleaning is free. So that is why I have gone that direction with my car at this point. Many more is planned, but for now the cheap and free is the route I am going.
Old 10-19-2008 | 10:10 PM
Banned

And just so you know, money constraints have kept me from going further with mods, but bling is nearly free, and cleaning is free. So that is why I have gone that direction with my car at this point. Many more is planned, but for now the cheap and free is the route I am going.
I understand that. Thats where i am right now. waiting for my HP Tuners. I;m doing the drill mod. replacing some faded decals. shampooing my carpet. Cleaning up the engine bay. free ****. but what i meant is im not gonna be spending 2-3k on wheels or anything like that, to make it a show car.
Old 10-19-2008 | 10:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Black_Hawk_02
I understand that. Thats where i am right now. waiting for my HP Tuners. I;m doing the drill mod. replacing some faded decals. shampooing my carpet. Cleaning up the engine bay. free ****. but what i meant is im not gonna be spending 2-3k on wheels or anything like that, to make it a show car.
I hear ya.

I think I have a better explaination of classes. Now things make more sense. We kinda screwed ourselves by listing things the way we did. I wish we had known how they classify before hand.
Old 10-20-2008 | 07:42 AM
Launching!

Wow, you guys are way to serious about this. Who cares what some judge thinks of your car, if you are happy with it that's really all that matters.

I enjoyed cleaning my car all day Friday, cruising to the show, meeting some new people, seeing some sweet cars, drinking some beer, and hanging out with my Dad.

Old 10-20-2008 | 10:39 AM
Teching In

I hear ya.

I think I have a better explaination of classes. Now things make more sense. We kinda screwed ourselves by listing things the way we did. I wish we had known how they classify before hand.
I would say that may make a difference, but i was behind a couple of folks in the tech line, and one guy was asked to open his hood to be looked at, and the two guys behind him were just given a once over look at the outside, and asked which class they wanted to be in, the lack of consistency didnt seem right...

and yeah it was a good time, there were lots of nice cars, and new ideas, though i did enjoy the old towne location last year, there were plenty of things to do and see, but the parking arrangement at this years was nicer.
Old 10-20-2008 | 11:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by medwar11
Wow, you guys are way to serious about this. Who cares what some judge thinks of your car, if you are happy with it that's really all that matters.

I enjoyed cleaning my car all day Friday, cruising to the show, meeting some new people, seeing some sweet cars, drinking some beer, and hanging out with my Dad.

Thats what ive been saying. so in the spirt of not giving a ****.. I am now unsubcribing from this dumb thread.
Old 10-20-2008 | 12:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by medwar11

Mark your car looked great. It was nice to meet you out there. Pretty cool your dad was able to cruise out with you too.
Old 10-20-2008 | 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Black_Hawk_02
Well I only have the first half of my photos uploaded right now. but heres the link

LINK LINK LINK LINK LINK LINK LINK

I didnt stay till the end... do you guys remember who placed in modified and stock?

I guess the hot rod camaro won?

and the LS1/ chevelle got second in modified?

Ive been spending all my time trying to finish my turbo. So i didnt really clean mine up. and 95% of the people there couldnt find my turbo. The only guy who did was visiting from england. I didnt know it was that hard... lol
So most of the people there think there was a Ghetto rigged intercooled N/A Firehawk.

W/e it was nice to meet you kwiksilver and Medwar and i remember seeing a cayenne pepper Z28
I placed second in the factory original class.
Old 10-20-2008 | 01:25 PM

Never cared at all about shows and judging, there's only one
opinion that matters on mine. And that full-on coucourse
white glove crap that the classic crowd likes? Just stupid.
If I own it, it's either "driver" or "survivor". And keep your
glove to yourself.
Old 10-20-2008 | 04:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SSweet97
I placed second in the factory original class.
And we all know yours is completely stock right off the showroom

I have always loved your car, but factory origional? Congrats though.

And 01Z28, that is exactly what I was talking about. There was a tech?? We didnt have to go through any tech, we werent asked what class we wanted to be in, or were in, hell we didnt even know where to park, after the picture was taken we were on our own. We were told twice that where we were was not parking where we belonged and then they directed us to the last Corvette lane. But we have Camaros?? I wonder if our parking positions had anything to do with anything.

I am over it now. I was upset right away, but whatever. I didnt mean to diss anyone, just tried to make a point of how the classes were poorly outlined and followed.
Old 10-21-2008 | 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here are my photos I took at the show

FYI I took 3rd place in the modified 4th Gen

http://www.cccfonline.net/New_Folder...ecklers08.html

Enjoy
Sean

Quick Reply: Eckler's Camarofest October 18,2008 in Titusville