Old 11-01-2008 | 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by slowmofo
Holy **** Texas!!
HOLY **** TEXAS TECH!
Old 11-01-2008 | 10:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98MNBZ28
that texas safety is gonna remember that drop for the rest of his life.great game

no doubt when that ball was tiped I said to my roommate "game over", but he dropped it :O
Old 11-01-2008 | 11:39 PM
Launching!

you know the best part of this whole weekend WE CRUSHED GEORGIA!!!! LMAO

oh but anyways what i was really going to talk about is texas losing is AWESOME for the gators b/c its one less undefeated team and texas tech will either lose next week at oklahoma state or the week after at oklahoma. so we dont have to worry about them going undefeated haha.

the gators just need to keep playing hard b/c we have a couple of tough games left. we cant expect to just beat vandy or just beat the ole ball coach or fsu. the gators obviously have the advantage in all of those games but they have to keep their heads in the game and continue to play strong. im pretty sure they will. the DEFENSE is a beast even though we did give up alot of yards today and were not going up against any kind of juggernut offense so be should be fine... as long as the gators dont shoot themselves in the foot and they will be fine. it should be smooth sailing in to ATL for a good game against alabama and hopefully a chance to play for the national championship

GO GATORS hahaha georgia we kick your a** lol sorry i had to
Old 11-02-2008 | 12:09 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
im waiting for atlas dude to comment, all that shiat talkin he was doing.
lol, i was in gainesville all day, but i am here now... UF is better than i thought, but i do not think they are a NC contender... hell there are 4 or 5 teams in the big 12 that could beat them... if they navigate the rest of the season undefeated i will eat my words, but i still think they will lose 2 more games this season... btw, WVU planted one of your beloved SEC teams last thursday...
Old 11-02-2008 | 12:29 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by AtlasTBSS
lol, i was in gainesville all day, but i am here now... UF is better than i thought, but i do not think they are a NC contender... hell there are 4 or 5 teams in the big 12 that could beat them... if they navigate the rest of the season undefeated i will eat my words, but i still think they will lose 2 more games this season... btw, WVU planted one of your beloved SEC teams last thursday...
4 or 5? hope you meant possibly 4 and im guessing they are all from the southern big 12....Ok, Ok State, Texas and Texas Tech. Who else? Missouri?

So who are the NC contender? PSU? 'Bama? I think right now the order is:

1) Bama
2) Texas Tech
3)Florida

Im impressed with G. Harrell...he threw for 474 yards..he is amazing
Old 11-02-2008 | 01:56 AM
Restricted User

i still think they will lose 2 more games this season
so they are gonna lose two more games with vandy, sc, the citadel and fsu left to play? you have lost your freakin mind. care to put your money where your mouth is?
Old 11-02-2008 | 01:08 AM
12 Second Club

and the SEC championship, and their bowl game... still want to bet tough guy???
Old 11-02-2008 | 06:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WS6nJAX
i am just waiting for another "realist" to come in here and say not to get so excited because georgia was obviously over rated. i just wish they would have shown richts face when Meyer called those time outs at the end of the game.
Florida has been playing the type of football they have been/should have been capable of all year since the ole miss game. Georgia WAS an overrated team at the beginning of the season. Everyone did think they were better than they actually are the beginning of this year. After watching them play UT, it became obvious to me that Georgia isn't the powerhouse they were hyped up to be. Me and my brother both agreed on Thursday night during our bowling league that this game would not be close, and Florida would dominate.

That being said, I don't believe the Dogs were overrated coming into this game. They just had a little bit of hype still following them from the beginning of the season (and from last year's game). But, it all comes down to Florida DESTROYING ANOTHER top 10 team. If they are ranked anything less than 4 in the BCS it will be a tragedy.
Old 11-02-2008 | 06:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hope you stock up on some ketchup, salt, and pepper.
Old 11-02-2008 | 09:32 AM
Restricted User

when UF gets past UGA, Vandy, USC and FSU, then you can talk ****
damn bro. looks like we got a little west virginia back stroke going on here. couple weeks ago we wouldnt make it threw the teams you had listed and now you want to include the sec and bowl game in our little bet. its all good tho, i'll throw down $100 that the Gators dont lose 2 more games this season. i can always use some extra $$$ after the holidays.
Old 11-02-2008 | 09:54 AM
TECH Resident

what may hurt the gators is the loss to ole miss.texas lost last night to #7 so they might drop as low as 4,and texas tech will jump past ok,usc,and tx.but they play ok st and ok the next couple of weeks and if they win aginst ok st but lose to ok then ok will probably jump past tx,ok,and usc.the teams in front of the gators all have a quality loss except for usc(but thats been so long ago it seems like last year)that will keep them ahead of the gators if they all finish with one loss
Old 11-02-2008 | 10:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

finally this thread has some life.
Old 11-02-2008 | 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
anyone want to help me fire up this "Firedanmullen.com" website? It worked for Zook, maybe it'll work for the most predictive offensive coordinator/play-caller in the NCAA. It's like that freakin call against Georgia last year on a 4th and 2 where they tried calling a Dallas Baker reverse.....yea that's going to work. Dan Mullen has to go out drinking the night before or get hammered the day of the games. High school coaches can mix-it-up better than he can.

It's going to be a long season for the Gators if something doesn't change on the offensive side of the ball. We can't put our defense in red zone situations right out of the bat 3 possessions in a row.
Sorry to bring up an old post. But, I FIRMLY believe Florida should pick up Tommy Bowden as the offensive coordinator. Yes, we won big yesterday, but I still had some problems with the play calling. Before the half for instance. Minute and a half left and Georgia misses a field goal. We got the ball with decent field position and we are up 14-3 against Georgia. So what does Dan Mullen do? Inside option right on 1st down. Inside option left 2nd down. And inside option left again on 3rd down, then punt. Great way to use a momentum swing like a missed field goal to at least get in field goal position before the half right? It was absolutely ridiculous, and with a team like Georgia, he needed to take every opportunity they gave him to try and score. All he wanted to do is go into the half 14-3 with a minute and a half left.
Old 11-02-2008 | 12:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

speaking of offense - why didnt the gators go back to the big spread offense formation? all the lineman were up tight. does this really help teh small backs run up the middle?
Old 11-02-2008 | 12:32 PM
Launching!

what may hurt the gators is the loss to ole miss.texas lost last night to #7 so they might drop as low as 4,and texas tech will jump past ok,usc,and tx.but they play ok st and ok the next couple of weeks and if they win aginst ok st but lose to ok then ok will probably jump past tx,ok,and usc.the teams in front of the gators all have a quality loss except for usc(but thats been so long ago it seems like last year)that will keep them ahead of the gators if they all finish with one loss
florida lost a long time ago too. the same week usc lost. there is no way if we win out and usc wins out they will be ahead of the gators and the fact the gators lost early will help win it comes to ok and ok st.

the ideal outcome for the gators is to win out and play the winner of the big 12 champ game in the national championship game and they the gators can do what we did to the big 10 the past two years
Old 11-02-2008 | 12:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
speaking of offense - why didnt the gators go back to the big spread offense formation? all the lineman were up tight. does this really help teh small backs run up the middle?
i was wondering the same thing. maybe it had something to do with making it harder for other teams to game plan against them. b/c now they dont know what to expect and have to worry about what to do.
Old 11-02-2008 | 02:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by whiteLS1
florida lost a long time ago too. the same week usc lost. there is no way if we win out and usc wins out they will be ahead of the gators and the fact the gators lost early will help win it comes to ok and ok st.

the ideal outcome for the gators is to win out and play the winner of the big 12 champ game in the national championship game and they the gators can do what we did to the big 10 the past two years
if they dont make it to the nc,i would like to see them play either ok,ok st,texas or tt in a bowl,it would be interesting
Old 11-02-2008 | 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by whiteLS1
gators can do what we did to the big 10 the past two years
You remember we did lose to Michigan last year right?
Old 11-02-2008 | 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

if they dont make it to the nc,i would like to see them play either ok,ok st,texas or tt in a bowl,it would be interesting
The only way I see that we don't go to the NC IF we win out (including SEC Championship against Alabama) is if Penn St and Texas Tech go undefeated. Best Scenario for us with Texas Tech is that they beat Oklahoma, but lose to Oklahoma St. And even if both teams beat Texas Tech, they still have to play each other the last game of the year. So if Tech beats Oklahoma, loses to Oklahoma St., but then Oklahoma St. loses to Oklahoma, we'll be good. Then again, if Penn St. loses to Michigan St. (the only game they have left that they even have a slight shot at losing) we'll be good too. Ahhhh!!! My head is starting to hurt with all the possible outcomes. How bout we just watch the next few weeks and see what happens!
Old 11-02-2008 | 04:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by black00ssFL
You remember we did lose to Michigan last year right?
yeah i should have said what the SEC has done to the big ten the past two years in the NC game. i just said it wrong oops