Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

The 2008 College Football Thread..

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008 | 03:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
Ummm Meyer classless? How about Bob Stoops? Up two scores with under 2 minutes left scoring again to go up 3 scores just to put up 60+ points.
touche, i forgot about "big game" bob... heres hoping the sooners choke on saturday like they did in the last two fiesta bowls...
Old 12-01-2008 | 05:43 PM
Launching!

So with all this talk about Weis getting fired from Notre Dame. Now they are starting to talk about possible replacements and whose name did they bring up... Meyer and i guess Meyer's contract is about to be up. All i know is Florida BETTER put the money in his pocket and KEEP him. I sure they will but you never know. Hopefully he doesnt want to go there.
Old 12-01-2008 | 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by whiteLS1
So with all this talk about Weis getting fired from Notre Dame. Now they are starting to talk about possible replacements and whose name did they bring up... Meyer and i guess Meyer's contract is about to be up. All i know is Florida BETTER put the money in his pocket and KEEP him. I sure they will but you never know. Hopefully he doesnt want to go there.
He's got what he's wanted in football here in FL, A national championship contending team. Things are on the up since Zook, and we already have a NC title under him. If he goes to ND, he's be starting from scratch....much worse than when he started here at UF.
Old 12-01-2008 | 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AtlasTBSS
theres hoping the sooners choke on saturday like they did in the last two fiesta bowls...
Man, wouldn't that put a wrench in the system. Would a Team who didn't even play for it's conference championship go? Would USC jump Texas and go? That would be interesting.
Old 12-01-2008 | 07:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by black00ssFL
Man, wouldn't that put a wrench in the system. Would a Team who didn't even play for it's conference championship go? Would USC jump Texas and go? That would be interesting.
I think Texas would get the go ahead if mizzo wins b/c they beat both OU and Mizzo. but i wouldnt mind seeing the gators beat down usc. everyone that says they have the best d in the nation would eat there words. because not one team they have played is anywhere near as good as the gators. i think the gators would run circles around them.
Old 12-01-2008 | 07:14 PM
Launching!

He's got what he's wanted in football here in FL, A national championship contending team. Things are on the up since Zook, and we already have a NC title under him. If he goes to ND, he's be starting from scratch....much worse than when he started here at UF.
yeah thats true. i know i wouldnt want to see him go.
Old 12-01-2008 | 08:10 PM
Launching!

hey have any of you guys been to the SEC championship game in Atlanta before? If so whats a good thing to do before the game? We have the Fanfare tickets. Is that something cool to do? Or is there anything better to do?
Old 12-01-2008 | 09:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by whiteLS1
hey have any of you guys been to the SEC championship game in Atlanta before? If so whats a good thing to do before the game? We have the Fanfare tickets. Is that something cool to do? Or is there anything better to do?
Fanfare is cool. i was there in ATL in 06'. they have little competitions with former players, shane mathews was there in 06, like "punt, pass, throw" type stuff. Also lots of "booth" type stuff with people selling memorabilia and sponsors giving away stuff. You can also get a pic with the SEC championship trophy(i did) and there is a team pep rally for each team. Also, Al Horford has apparently allotted a bunch of tickets to the hawks game the night before that he reduced to 50% off for gator fans....

here are some of my 06 pics...

Old 12-01-2008 | 09:07 PM
TECH Resident

I had 2 tickets lined up for ATL this year, but took a chance and passed. I will go to Miami if we get there...
Old 12-01-2008 | 09:22 PM
Launching!

awesome thanks for the info. that should be alot of fun than
Old 12-01-2008 | 09:42 PM
TECH Resident

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFOSJSGlQjU

Specially priced tickets for Hawks vs Knicks on Friday in Atlanta.

http://www.horforddeal.com/
Old 12-02-2008 | 01:04 AM
12 Second Club

Ummm, you did notice the slight weather problem right?
understandable...but wouldnt the weather factory play in on both sides?
Old 12-02-2008 | 05:40 AM
7 Second Club

Don't think Meyer is going anywhere due to liking the town (owns a restaurant), is good buds with UF prez (who also came from Utah), he gets along with the other coaches really well. I hope UF fills the man's wallet, he deserves it.

Derek
Old 12-02-2008 | 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 4u 2 nv
understandable...but wouldnt the weather factory play in on both sides?
Harder to get down field faster, return guy just has to stand there and catch the ball (although difficult in that weather). Even it gives him even half a second extra before being swarmed by defenders....it's enough. It was happening the other way too if you noticed, but we just kicked the ball off more.
Old 12-02-2008 | 06:29 PM
TECH Resident

FSU was top 5 in return yardage with Garvin, Alabama isnt sniffing the top 100...but Arenas is dangerous.
Old 12-02-2008 | 10:21 PM
Banned

One of the only clauses in Meyer's contract with Florida is the Notre Dame job. This makes me worried. You know Notre Dame will put up the big bucks for a coach they want, but I hope they go after Skip Holtz instead. Actually they can take George O' Leary back, he actually has a conference championship he can put on his resume that's legit. UCF needs a new coach.

I won't be at the SEC Champ, but will be at the national title game if we make it. If Mizzou can pull off the upset, it's likely we'll see Texas. Remember a few years back when Oklahoma and USC played in the NC game and one of them didn't even win their conference?

Speaking of Texas and Oklahoma, along with Texas-Tech and the three way tie....why not an old school Kansas City or Texas tie-breaker? Get all three teams on a neutral field and have a round-robin or double elimination tie breaker with the Kansas City or Texas tie-breaker rules.

Texas tie breaker is what the NCAA does now for games that end in a tie. Each team gets to start from the 25 and tries to score.

Kansas City tiebreaker: This is used when there is more than two teams vying for the top spot. Each team plays the other participating team until teams start dropping out with two losses. Each team starts out from the 10 yard line and has 4 plays to reach the endzone or kick a field goal. High school and pop warner associations use this more than anything else.

Either way it would settle everything on the field rather than some computerized bullshit rankings. SOOOO what if it costs the schools money to transport the teams to a neutral site, the team has the opportunity to play in a BCS game and make the school some CASH MONEY!
Old 12-03-2008 | 06:10 AM
TECH Resident

Meyer has already told ND no thanks in the past few weeks, he isnt leaving UF. They retained Weiss for another year and Brian Kelly at Cincy is rumored to be the "coach in waiting" type if they fire weiss next year.
Old 12-04-2008 | 12:50 AM
12 Second Club

After reviewing some stats....i thought Wilson was a better QB then his numbers claim...only 9 TD passes and 5 Int....??? The Tides putting a lot of faith in its ground game. They are after all the 2nd ranked team in the SEC for rushing yards per game...sadly though..Florida is #1....gonna be interesting
Old 12-04-2008 | 06:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 4u 2 nv
After reviewing some stats....i thought Wilson was a better QB then his numbers claim...only 9 TD passes and 5 Int....??? The Tides putting a lot of faith in its ground game. They are after all the 2nd ranked team in the SEC for rushing yards per game...sadly though..Florida is #1....gonna be interesting
Alabama has squeaked by a few teams this year, such as Kentucky, Ole Miss, and LSU. Granted, Florida lost to Ole Miss at home, but unless you've been living under a rock the past month and a half, you know this isn't the same Florida team that took the field against Ole Miss. I don't think it'll be a good day for Bama. TWO DAYS!
Old 12-04-2008 | 09:01 AM
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS7RGuLt63k