Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

The 2008 College Football Thread..

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008 | 03:11 PM
TECH Resident

a gator loss is the best cure for a canes loss,i'm actually disappointed in the way the gators been playing this year,they're not exciting to watch so far this season
Old 09-27-2008 | 03:29 PM
11 Second Truck Club

time to call the wanwanwan-bulance!
Old 09-27-2008 | 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by whiteLS1
AND THIS IS WHY DAN GAY F***KING MULLEN IS A LOSER. this is why the play calling from the other games sucked because they were not prepared for something like this. SO GOD DAMN DISAPPOINTING. its time to go get wasted

myers damn game plan didnt work this time. play the field postion play special teams good do this do that dont worry about scoring on every play control the clock WELL YOU KNOW WHAT F THAT. you need to score on every play you can. none of this bullshit we have seen. how can you get your offense going but not doing anything. RAWR im so pissed right now.

WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY RUN TEBOW UP THE GUT ON 4TH AND 2!!!!! that **** was last year not this year. EVERYONE IN THE damn world knew what was coming. **** give the play to harvin and let him make a play. run the option do something not what they did.

OH AND IF YOU DIDNT KNOW I HATE DAN MULLEN!!!!!!!!!!
This game was a combination of things. But, I agree, the play calling from Dan Mullen has been absolute crap. I personally would of like to see the "jump pass" on that 4th and 2.

But anyways, the line was outplayed on both sides of the ball. The front 4 for the defense could not create pressure (had to blitz to get sacks) and could not stop the run on the inside. The offensive line was completely confused by simple stunts and delayed blitzes, and that's scary. Add the 3 turnovers (two in the third quarter inside their own 40, and giving the 10 points), and you just can't win that ball game.

I guess Florida has been opening up their playbook, and to be quite honest, it's horrible. Seriously, Tebow's run (the same play they ran twice in a row the previous possession to score a TD) was quite possibly the worst play to pick. I was seriously looking to see them spread the D out with a 5 receiver set, or at least something different. Definitely didn't look like an Myer offense today.
Old 09-27-2008 | 04:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by black00ssFL
Definitely didn't look like an Myer offense today.
IMHO their offense wasn't THAT great last year, but their defense was gettin done. I will concede, however, that the offense and the play calling seems to be even weaker this year, but their defense isn't carrying them like last year. We'll just have to see how things play out.
Oh and in case you were confused I pull for all the FL teams, but in the following order 1)FSU, 2) UM, 3) UF....
Old 09-27-2008 | 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by torquejunky
IMHO their offense wasn't THAT great last year, but their defense was gettin done. I will concede, however, that the offense and the play calling seems to be even weaker this year, but their defense isn't carrying them like last year. We'll just have to see how things play out.
Oh and in case you were confused I pull for all the FL teams, but in the following order 1)FSU, 2) UM, 3) UF....
You serious???? Please take another look at the stats for 2007. Look to see how horrible the pass defense was, and how mediocre the total defense was. Heisman winning offense with 55 touchdowns out of one guy. That's a pretty good offense. IMO it was their offense last year that kept them above water.
Old 09-28-2008 | 08:37 AM
11 Second Club

I don't know maybe I see things different because I always played defense. I know their defense was not dominate last year and some of the stats may have been nothing to brag about, but they played the field possession game pretty well. Their offense pretty much consisted of one player had they had more weapons on offense they would have been in serious contention for the title.
Old 09-28-2008 | 02:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by black00ssFL
I personally would of like to see the "jump pass" on that 4th and 2.

Couldnt agree more...hell...i would have been more pleased to watch them run the option on that play...

and also..do we not trust our kicker? i realize its far but 48yards shouldnt be completely out of the question for a kicker on a top 5 team!!!
Old 09-28-2008 | 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 4u 2 nv
Couldnt agree more...hell...i would have been more pleased to watch them run the option on that play...

and also..do we not trust our kicker? i realize its far but 48yards shouldnt be completely out of the question for a kicker on a top 5 team!!!
Well, after an extra point block.........
Old 09-28-2008 | 07:08 PM
Launching!

NO KIDDING anything but tebow up the gut would have been a good play. hell 5 wide harvin in motion hand off would have been perfect. the same play they score on miami with. would have been nice but not tebow up the gut. THAT PLAY IS NOT something that should be done anymore. i dont understand how they dont realize that.

oh well i guess **** happens. theres always next year for the unbeaten season. b/c you now tebow isnt leaving to go the pros after this season.

i just hope that the coaches can get there act together and get things striaghtened up and they can make it to atlanta.
Old 09-28-2008 | 08:44 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by whiteLS1
NO KIDDING anything but tebow up the gut would have been a good play. hell 5 wide harvin in motion hand off would have been perfect. the same play they score on miami with. would have been nice but not tebow up the gut. THAT PLAY IS NOT something that should be done anymore. i dont understand how they dont realize that.

oh well i guess **** happens. theres always next year for the unbeaten season. b/c you now tebow isnt leaving to go the pros after this season.

i just hope that the coaches can get there act together and get things striaghtened up and they can make it to atlanta.
after seeing them lined up the way they were Tebow should have called a timeout (not sure if they had any left).....and considered a field goal (after just checking some stats, Phillips longest of the year thus far was 40yards.) Either way..someone sucks
Old 09-28-2008 | 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

after seeing them lined up the way they were Tebow should have called a timeout (not sure if they had any left).....and considered a field goal (after just checking some stats, Phillips longest of the year thus far was 40yards.) Either way..someone sucks
Our D line and our O line sucked. Although....the offensive line is getting pretty thin now.
Old 09-28-2008 | 09:37 PM
12 Second Club

After this game and some of the Tennessee crap..its hard to talk smack for Florida about other teams..im now more worried about LSU and the always tough South Carolina more than Georgia...i truthyfully believed they played better last year with a bunch of true freshmens..Tebow seems confused and it sucks. I will say though..when in the game...Harvin looks good, both in the slot and as a wide reciever.

and am i the only one that thinks BAMA should be #1...wait till after Oklahoma plays current #5 Texas and then give them some benefit/credit.....
Old 09-29-2008 | 08:14 AM
Launching!

i dont think a field goal would have been a bad idea. the kid has knocked down 60 yard field goals in practice so give the guy a chance. i know the extra point got blocked but what are the chances that would happen again. i wish i donated lots and lots of money to florida so i could try and get dan mullen fired but oh well.

should of could of would of in the case of this game. hell they cant get it back and im sure we could talk about it for the rest of the season. it pretty much came down to tebow not making a few keys passes at the right time. for whatever reason he has not thrown the ball as well this year as he did last year. if its b/c of pressure from the other time or if its the lack of practice or the lack of in game throwing he just isnt throwing the ball as accuurate this year so far.

and we still have a shot at the SEC champ and the national champ its not over yet and that is obvious after what happened this weekend. i much rather them have lost this week rather then lose to FSU at the end of the season. b/c this loss will be long forgotten if they dont lose another game for the rest of the season.

GO GATORS i have faith things will work out. they have a really good team capable of winning any game they play
Old 09-29-2008 | 08:32 AM
11 Second Club

Florida just fumbled again...

There O looks nothing like it did last year, and they should be better.

I wanted to throw my beer glass at the friking TV when they ran that damn Tebow right play.. Everyone in the world saw that **** coming.

Tebow is not Floridas best player, Harvin is.. give him the ******* ball...
Old 09-29-2008 | 08:34 AM
11 Second Club

oh and to make things worse, after the Florida game I fired up the PS3 to play the NC game against Ohio St in NCAA 09 and lost by 3 points when Ohio st scored with 2 sec left..

what a fucked up saturday lol
Old 09-29-2008 | 10:10 AM
12 Second Club

it looks odd with Vanderbilt at the top of the SEC East
Old 09-29-2008 | 07:26 PM
TECH Junkie

good weekend for college football
Old 09-30-2008 | 06:50 AM
Banned

anyone want to help me fire up this "Firedanmullen.com" website? It worked for Zook, maybe it'll work for the most predictive offensive coordinator/play-caller in the NCAA. It's like that freakin call against Georgia last year on a 4th and 2 where they tried calling a Dallas Baker reverse.....yea that's going to work. Dan Mullen has to go out drinking the night before or get hammered the day of the games. High school coaches can mix-it-up better than he can.

It's going to be a long season for the Gators if something doesn't change on the offensive side of the ball. We can't put our defense in red zone situations right out of the bat 3 possessions in a row.
Old 09-30-2008 | 08:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
anyone want to help me fire up this "Firedanmullen.com" website? It worked for Zook, maybe it'll work for the most predictive offensive coordinator/play-caller in the NCAA. It's like that freakin call against Georgia last year on a 4th and 2 where they tried calling a Dallas Baker reverse.....yea that's going to work. Dan Mullen has to go out drinking the night before or get hammered the day of the games. High school coaches can mix-it-up better than he can.

It's going to be a long season for the Gators if something doesn't change on the offensive side of the ball. We can't put our defense in red zone situations right out of the bat 3 possessions in a row.
that would be awesome. im sure it will happen soon. if things dont change soon.
Old 09-30-2008 | 10:54 AM
Banned

I'm going to buy the domain name tonight and talk to some of my computer savvy friends and get them to create the website.