Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

The 2008 College Football Thread..

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 06:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm back. I don't have much to say. OSU played like ****. I'm really not that surprised. I have as little confidence in Boeckmen as he shows he has in himself. Coach should've just left the Pryor (the Freshman QB) in, at least he was moving the ball some.

Anyhow, my history facts were just that. Not saying they have been great the last few years, but they aren't a bullshit team (or school) half of you guys make them out to be.

Regardless, I'm not the kind to get all serious and pissed over it, so keep bashing as you will.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by medwar11
Anyhow, my history facts were just that. Not saying they have been great the last few years, but they aren't a bullshit team (or school) half of you guys make them out to be.
The past couple of years they have been. MAYBE a top 10 team.....maybe. We're just sick of them getting a shoe-in for the National Championship cause of their HISTORY and the pathetic conference they play in....instead of how good they actually are. Like said before, they aren't a bad team....just not up to snuff like they have been through the years. The last two national championship games prove that they didn't deserve to be there.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I dont know about you guys buy I am ready for my boys to get thier *** handed to them in Knoxville Saturday. I was up there for the UAB game and I damn sure hope they show up to play. I never get excited about the Florida game because no matter what Tennessee can never out wit them. It is sweet when it happens but its been so long I forgot what its like.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Banned

It'll be a good game, it always is. I was at the last game that UT beat UF when Clausen lead the band at the end of the game to play rocky top. I hope that never happens again.

UT will remember last year when they got embarrassed and I hope we don't overlook that!

I went and got a small tv and a battery hook-up outlet to watch TV while I'm tail gating up in Tally this weekend. Going to visit some friends up there.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

wheres volsfan?....i miss him only respectable UT fan on here ....

go gators...
Old 09-19-2008, 12:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

At least there is a respectable UT fan here, can't say that for Gator fans!
Old 09-19-2008, 08:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by staringback05
wheres volsfan?....i miss him only respectable UT fan on here ....

go gators...
whats the spread on the game? is there a certain website where oucan check the spreads on all sport games?
Old 09-20-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Interesting game so far. Man, Tennessee has really been shooting themselves in the foot. They seem to be running the ball fairly well, and holding off some blitzes. But Jame's return on the punt was a great combination of VERY bad tackling and great running.

But how about two HORRIBLE calls by the officials on Tenn. last drive. False start that was clearly caused by the defense, and then a phantom pass interference call! . Luckily this is not a close game and Tenn. didn't score, or it would be a real shame.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well this is how we play football in Tennessee........

Old 09-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Launching!

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so gator fans what do you think about Dan Mullen? me personally, I F**kin hate the play calling from him. thank god the defense is good this year and special teams is playing AMAZING!!!!!
i really hope we holding back on offense or something and using a minium amount of the playbook b/c it is getting annoying seeing tebow carry the ball as much as he is. I personally think Moody played damn well and i think he deserves more carries and tebow needs to throw more ***** deep.

so whats everyone else think?
Old 09-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Banned

Dan Mullen is a horrible play caller, but I am up here in Tally and went to the FSU vs. Wake Forest game yesterday and honestly have to be thankful we don't have Jimbo Fisher calling our plays. Dan Mullen is barely one step above Fisher though. I honestly don't know what is up with the way our offense is being called. It just baffles my mind, Tebow with only 96 yds passing on a team that lost to UCLA!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 09-21-2008, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I honestly don't believe the playbook has been opened yet. Except for the Hawaii game (but even third/fourth stringers were easily scoring) it's almost like the offense has only done what has needed to be done to win. I think Urban has really been holding Harvin and Tebow back some. I think the reality kicked in at the end of last year that Tebow can get hurt, and will get hurt if he plays a full season like he did last year. It almost seems that they are more interested in playing 3 sides of football this year instead of the stat-busting offense they had last year. As we saw, it doesn't matter how many TD's, passing yards, rushing yards, etc. you have when you don't make it to the big show. I think the focus this year is on being a complete football team, and unleashing everything when they have to. You have to remember....they haven't been behind at all this year, so why push it to far for the rest of the country to see? They are sitting at #4 with Georgia ahead of them. Urban knows that they will be fine where they are at, and will make it to the NC if they win out.

But....if I'm wrong....we have a long road ahead when we meet LSU and Georgia this year! Man was that a good game last night! (LSU v. Auburn)
Old 09-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Banned

How are you going to know if **** works if you don't try it against some competition? Execution is key and trying some crazy *** plays against LSU for the first time could work wonders or fail miserably and that is what I'm worried about.

ON the other hand I'm hoping they are just trying to establish a running game for when we do go into a big game. Other than just running Tebow, honestly they need to throw in some good ole I-form to throw the defenses off.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
How are you going to know if **** works if you don't try it against some competition? Execution is key and trying some crazy *** plays against LSU for the first time could work wonders or fail miserably and that is what I'm worried about.

ON the other hand I'm hoping they are just trying to establish a running game for when we do go into a big game. Other than just running Tebow, honestly they need to throw in some good ole I-form to throw the defenses off.
They don't have the personnel for the I-form, that's not the type of players Urban has been recruiting. Execution is done in practice, it doesn't have to be "special" plays, just something new. I really haven't seen them run the option like they did last year, for instance. The option is a very versatile play that can come from many different formations.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I didnt read all the pages in the thread but give it 2 years and I think MIAMI will be back to the team of old. Im a Georgia Tech fan but follow all the ACC teams and UM & GT are gonna be fun to watch this year.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

damn canes
Old 09-27-2008, 02:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98MNBZ28
damn canes
Where was the team from the first half? Man i thought they had it there at the end. Oh well at least half the team is made up of freshman and the other half are red shirt freshman, looks promising for next year....
OK time for my alma mater to beat up on some Buffaloes.....
Old 09-27-2008, 03:01 PM
12 Second Club

keep cheering Miss....everyone gets lucky
Old 09-27-2008, 03:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by torquejunky
Where was the team from the first half? Man i thought they had it there at the end. Oh well at least half the team is made up of freshman and the other half are red shirt freshman, looks promising for next year....
OK time for my alma mater to beat up on some Buffaloes.....
big plays killed them
Old 09-27-2008, 03:09 PM
Launching!

AND THIS IS WHY DAN GAY F***KING MULLEN IS A LOSER. this is why the play calling from the other games sucked because they were not prepared for something like this. SO GOD DAMN DISAPPOINTING. its time to go get wasted

myers damn game plan didnt work this time. play the field postion play special teams good do this do that dont worry about scoring on every play control the clock WELL YOU KNOW WHAT F THAT. you need to score on every play you can. none of this bullshit we have seen. how can you get your offense going but not doing anything. RAWR im so pissed right now.

WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY RUN TEBOW UP THE GUT ON 4TH AND 2!!!!! that **** was last year not this year. EVERYONE IN THE damn world knew what was coming. **** give the play to harvin and let him make a play. run the option do something not what they did.

OH AND IF YOU DIDNT KNOW I HATE DAN MULLEN!!!!!!!!!!