Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

The 2008 College Football Thread..

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh i know the game was closer then it seemed but we pulled away and put it to you guys in the 4th. I was there watching it from the 40 yard line. yes miami has an outstanding D i will not deny that. miami played one hell of a game. but when it came down to it the gators showed who the better team was and dominated the 4th.

and im going to talk **** just like any of U miami fans would be doing. its all in good fun and its well deserved. b/c miami fans would be doing the same.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98MNBZ28
there is a "U" on the helmet right?you guys are living off of 96 and 06 just as much as we are living off of 84,87,89,91,01.and i guess you can convince yourself uf beat the breaks off of them last night but from the eyes of a fan not a fanatic,the score doesnt represent how close it was on the field
As a fan of both teams, I disagree with you. Florida had complete control of that game. The defense of Miami was good, but the majority of Florida's drives that ended in a punt was due to poor execution, missed blocks (like barely or not even touching the guy.....not the defense being better), etc and not the over powering ability of Miami's defense. Whereas Florida's defense simply shut down Miami's offense. Florida just didn't finish drive's until late in the game. I have to say though that Miami is a very underrated team this year, and they aren't getting the credit they deserve from a national standpoint. But, the good news is that they are young and can only get better from here.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:43 PM

its still the first time UF has won against UM in like 23 years.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

it was complete control of the game...miami managed 140 yards...and NO touchdowns...we could have scored that one touchdown and beat you...also, dont bitch about the replay when everyone here saw it, watched it and should know that you need ONE hand, arm, knee, foot, head, shoulder...whatever...in bounds before the rest of you goes out...elbow in...first down

if miami plays like that for the rest of the season they will be ok...if that was there best game...WHICH if could deff. be for there defense....their going to be in trouble

florida has become the team to beat in the state....fsu and miami need to realize it and get over it...they were both dominating teams in the 90s...they do nothing of the sort anymore....FSU has proven it and so has miami....people used to be scared to play them, its not like that anymore

the season will tell...we could all sit here and talk about the past and get pissed at each other but it doesnt prove anything, as it stands this year...right now...the ACC is not a good conf. so far at all...they have one ranked team...the SEC however is way up for grabs, with bama, UGA, LSU, UF and maybe a few others could make runs....there arent really any standout conf. this year at all...
Old 09-07-2008, 06:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by black00ssFL
As a fan of both teams, I disagree with you. Florida had complete control of that game. The defense of Miami was good, but the majority of Florida's drives that ended in a punt was due to poor execution, missed blocks (like barely or not even touching the guy.....not the defense being better), etc and not the over powering ability of Miami's defense. Whereas Florida's defense simply shut down Miami's offense. Florida just didn't finish drive's until late in the game. I have to say though that Miami is a very underrated team this year, and they aren't getting the credit they deserve from a national standpoint. But, the good news is that they are young and can only get better from here.
i disagree that miami had nothing to do with the way florida played last night.and as far as the moore catch,his elbow was in but he never had possession.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98MNBZ28
i disagree that miami had nothing to do with the way florida played last night.and as far as the moore catch,his elbow was in but he never had possession.
Read above. Rule is clear. He has possession when his elbow hit inbound. After your out of bounds possession doesn't matter. Miami was able to put pressure on Tebow due to BAD blocking assignments and lack of communication. I played college ball, as an offensive lineman. I understand what is going on at the line....and I often watch the lineman more than the actual action of the game when I'm watching football. When you rush 5 guys, and have 5 blockers, and a linebacker runs free.....that's bad communication, not an awesome defense.....sorry.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Banned

Jacob is back! Well we played well enough to leapfrog OSU to #4 lol which isn't saying much. And saying that we haven't beat Miami in 23 years is stupid. We've played 6 times since 1985, not every year. That's like saying "Ohio State hasn't beaten USC since 69" and they haven't played since then.

I just finished watching the USF vs. UCF game and man was that way better than I thought it would have been. I opted to go to the UF game instead because I thought it would be more exciting.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by black00ssFL
Read above. Rule is clear. He has possession when his elbow hit inbound. After your out of bounds possession doesn't matter. Miami was able to put pressure on Tebow due to BAD blocking assignments and lack of communication. I played college ball, as an offensive lineman. I understand what is going on at the line....and I often watch the lineman more than the actual action of the game when I'm watching football. When you rush 5 guys, and have 5 blockers, and a linebacker runs free.....that's bad communication, not an awesome defense.....sorry.
just like it was bad communication on the punt block right?but gators won like they were supposed to i'm just glad i got to watch all the game instead of a blow out by halftime

Last edited by 98MNBZ28; 09-07-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hgJ-WoJRos

Response to Tennessee's loss @ UCLA

And the up coming Bama Auburn game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i86oME3Epkg

Last edited by Ntimid8r7; 09-08-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:39 PM
7 Second Club

Wow, can't believe the thread is staying mostly clean. Keep the posts clean and constructive guys and Gator won't have to kill anyone

PS Go Gators!
Old 09-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Miami COULD have had that game if their Offense wasn't just overmatched.

However..I will say that I took my first trip to Gainesville...and good GOD does that place know how to party. Can't wait for Gator Growl.

Also...saw more F-Bodies in 2 days up there than I do in 2 months in Miami. Not kidding.

Black SS and Silver Ram-Air Trans AM driving around...anyone here? lol
Old 09-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Geaux Tigers...cant wait for the Auburn vs LSU game, just hope that another hurricane doesnt postpone another game so we can get some playing time for our young qb
Old 09-09-2008, 02:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ecu strikes again
Old 09-09-2008, 07:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Kinda looking forward to the Ohio St. and USC game. Just can't wait for USC to roll over Ohio St and get to hear all the excuses from Buckeye fans
Old 09-09-2008, 08:50 AM
Banned

the ones that are left after losing two strait National Championships. There were some hardcore douchebags at Gator City cheering on Ohio State while playing Ohio on Saturday. Even a Miami fan said they shouldn't be allowed to wear Gator ****.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ohio St. is a good team. And I don't blame Ohio fans for supporting their team. That's great, we do the same thing. But what I'm getting sick of is Ohio St. being a shoe-in in the top 5 the last few years when they aren't THAT good of a team. It seems the basis for Ohio St.'s voting is their history and tradition, rather than actually how good they are THIS year. I swear....when they lose to USC, they'll probably still be in the top 10. Losing to Ohio for most of the game, then barely winning, then losing to USC, and still being in the top 10 would be ridiculous. But watch.....it'll happen.

Last edited by black00ssFL; 09-11-2008 at 06:22 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:01 AM
11 Second Club

My roommate is a Ohio State fan, he grew up in Columbus.. We have our go rounds, well more like he does **** to try and **** me off, and I just laugh at him..

Although I find my gator stuff next to the trash sometimes...

that *******
Old 09-09-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im worried about my home team (michigan)... i was out of town so i missed the first 2 games of the season. i hope rich rodriguez can put something together and salvage a decent record at the end of the year

GO BLUE
Old 09-10-2008, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

dirtybird you should have stuck with the ucf game. I was about to leave early cuz it looked like we were just slowly dieing but then decided to watch one more play. And wouldnt you know i stayed. That place was crazy and it was so nice to listen to what the usf people had to say, which was nothing.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm actually having a small get-together for the USC v Ohio St. game, lol. Anyone know where I can get a USC shirt here in FL?