Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

boca sucks

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 09:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boca sucks

i just moed to boca raton from tampa....street racing here is non existant and i heard its dead in miami too some1 help
Old 09-14-2008, 09:32 PM
12 Second Club

welcome to palm beach county
Old 09-14-2008, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

come to broward
Old 09-14-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Trust me its not just racing, I found only a few ls1s on this board. Shows or meets that are worth going to are scarce as well. What do you drive that your in Boca.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

Boca sucks due to no Racing?
Ok, I'll run 'ya... Full body, real tags and no P/A, stock rim w/a sticky tire, and a stock block. PM me and we can put it together....
Old 09-14-2008, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shaolink9
i just moed to boca raton from tampa....street racing here is non existant and i heard its dead in miami too some1 help
First mistake was moving to Boca, second mistake was thinking something actually happens in Boca.

Only thing that happens in Boca is Packy's on Saturday night. If you're looking to see some cars and just hang out, check out Tower's on Friday, in Davie. Just keep in mind, it's the same cars all the time. So it'll get old quick. For street racing and such you might have to look around or get in good with someone that knows where to play.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Closed Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by shaolink9
so if i just move to tampa ill find tons of racing everywhere?
Old 09-15-2008, 02:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go to Miami, okeechobee road/I-75 and the 138th graham road exit, there is a denny's and a U-Gas gas station down the road (okee) that get PACKED with street racers etc. Also right off that exit there is a publix that gets pretty packed but sometimes the cops get there and kick everyone out, only sometimes. Cops dont bother at the U-gas on Okee b/c the owner told police that business is better when all the cars are there, so they cant do anything. On okeechobee you will find the occasional dope dealers (or god knows what they do) with 900+rwhp 8-9second cars who know absolutely nothing about cars lol (i dont mean 'everyone' but if you've been there you know what the hell im talking about lol) (ie brand new twin turbo C6 Z06's, 650rwhp dumdumdumdum's, 650+rwhp full blown turbo civics, turbo trans am's and camaro's ::cough cough:: lol yea a few very fast cars overall that will surprise you you will definitely get some action on the street, too much action sometimes, so much that you find yourself NOT trying to race because the guy in the kia next to you wants to roll you at 40 lmao But anyways if you do attempt a semi high speed run, just do it "safely" if that even goes togther lol Oh and watch out for the occasional ricers pulling their ebrakes, losing control, and sliding into oncoming traffic, or the stangs who pull a godzilla sized burnout, get lost in their own cloud of smoke and almost crash into the gas pump thats 10 feet to the left of them lol ok im done messing around, no really you should check it out its verrrrry interesting on each and every friday and saturday night, weather permitting
Old 09-15-2008, 03:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hah, I'm from there and the only kinda street action you are going to get are kids in their Audis/VWs that mommy and daddy bought them...and they only do flybys anyway.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Josh@MASPORT
so if i just move to tampa ill find tons of racing everywhere?
saturday night yup u pretty much will on the bridges untill like 5 am . check out mofobucs on youtube thats all tampa racing.
Originally Posted by Partsguy198
First mistake was moving to Boca, second mistake was thinking something actually happens in Boca.

Only thing that happens in Boca is Packy's on Saturday night. If you're looking to see some cars and just hang out, check out Tower's on Friday, in Davie. Just keep in mind, it's the same cars all the time. So it'll get old quick. For street racing and such you might have to look around or get in good with someone that knows where to play.
i only moved here for school
Originally Posted by think47
welcome to palm beach county
thank u .

its not that boca as a whole sucks i jus figured all these ppl wit lambos and **** would wanna rang out there cars.....so just the race scene is pretty dead to me y buy a lambo "besides the fact that you can" not to air it out ?
i kno there are fast cars but no1 really runs em.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Launching!

is your car fast? got some $?
Old 09-15-2008, 02:38 PM
On The Tree

its not that boca sucks its just that your looking to hard! not to mention running around street racing everywhere is almost a guarantee of the cops gettin your ***! they dont play around here!
also give rapid rick a call! he has a nice car! lol
and friday yes there is towers shops in davie
and sat there is packys sports bar and grill w/ a live classic rock band full bar and great food ! people on here will back that!
heres the flier for packys mind you it starts at 7 now!
Old 09-15-2008, 03:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah be careful where you race. cops are pretty abundant
Old 09-15-2008, 03:25 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

People really should be more responsible when it comes to posting late night spots...pretty stupid.

As for the OP, dude, there is TONS of street racing going on up here in WPB...you may have to leave Boca, but you wont have to go to far.

Check some of the local forums and it will all come together.....good luck.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

its dead between tampa and ft myers, im in sarasota and there is nothing going on
Old 09-15-2008, 04:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I just moved here from massachusetts, and Iam living in port st lucie. Seems to be nothing going on here as far as car ****. Or atleast nothing close by anyway.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:39 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Justins00ss
I just moved here from massachusetts, and Iam living in port st lucie. Seems to be nothing going on here as far as car ****. Or atleast nothing close by anyway.
in all sincerity,its st lucie,i use to live in palm beach and im moving back there,psl=death
Old 09-15-2008, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

Wink

Originally Posted by Justins00ss
ABACOA CRUISE in Jupiter:First Saturday of the month, from 4pm til 8:30.
I-95 to Donald Ross Road. East about 1/8 mile to second left "ABACOA" Go up another 1/4 mile and make a right at the Stop sign. You'll see the Stadium on the left, and a bandshell on your right. Bars, restaurants, Tents set up as bars in front of the Live Music, and lastly Drive around after the 50/50 raffle around 8:15pm.
Fun for the night and hundreds of cars all over the street/sidewalks/etc.
Something nice to do once in awhile. cars are usually 1985 & older, but late model F-Bodies & Vette's are there often.....
Old 09-15-2008, 10:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by up2nuthingud
is your car fast? got some $?
not at this point dt have money to blow on dumb sh*t

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
People really should be more responsible when it comes to posting late night spots...pretty stupid.

As for the OP, dude, there is TONS of street racing going on up here in WPB...you may have to leave Boca, but you wont have to go to far.

Check some of the local forums and it will all come together.....good luck.
ill probaly maky a drive then i guess this just is not wha im used to.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Yea there isnt much much around here especially in boca or deerfield, being near FAU I suggest you hit the bar like everyone else....
+1 on what mike@diablosort said, West Palm has some pretty secluded roads not far from town and A bit more F-bodys than down here, at least thats what I see on here.

Quick Reply: boca sucks