Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Bill Heard just locked doors

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008 | 04:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

They were horrible. Good riddens!
Old 09-25-2008 | 05:07 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I hear aot of you guys talking about the high cost of labor lol even though 150 is high however I have over 25,000 in my tool box to be able to work on those cars and over 35,000 invested in school even though I only see about 1/4 of that money(the labor rate) I bet if you had that much invested in your way of life that you would not be so quik to gripe takes more than a cresent wrench a screwdriver and a pair of pliers to work on todays cars.
Free Cooler, Free shipping always, 2 year warranty Trans/Coverter combos, No Core or Core charge, $150 LS1 core buy back, All trans Dyno Tested to Be sure it works when you get it.Customer videos, Tech Thread, Open 7 Days a Week! Call or http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=performabuilt&m=g&t=2Click Banner for Website.
Not Just Built.....PerformaBuilt!

Old 09-25-2008 | 05:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hear aot of you guys talking about the high cost of labor lol even though 150 is high however I have over 25,000 in my tool box to be able to work on those cars and over 35,000 invested in school even though I only see about 1/4 of that money(the labor rate) I bet if you had that much invested in your way of life that you would not be so quik to gripe takes more than a cresent wrench a screwdriver and a pair of pliers to work on todays cars.
duct tape, hammer and maybe a flat head screw driver is all anyone REALLY needs to fix anything... ever

Tools are expensive and get more complex everyday. I just bought a wratchet that you twist the handle instead of the conventional way. This thing will save my knuckles when i change plugs again
Old 09-25-2008 | 06:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I walked off the matco truck last week with 1500 dollars worth of stuff in my hands lol
Free Cooler, Free shipping always, 2 year warranty Trans/Coverter combos, No Core or Core charge, $150 LS1 core buy back, All trans Dyno Tested to Be sure it works when you get it.Customer videos, Tech Thread, Open 7 Days a Week! Call or http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=performabuilt&m=g&t=2Click Banner for Website.
Not Just Built.....PerformaBuilt!

Old 09-25-2008 | 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

I can see the justification of the labor cost. The way they treated their new car purchasers was horrible. I got an average deal on my avalanche, but the crap they put you through just to close was enough that I would never have darkened their doorway ever again.

Like I said, I am glad to see the monster go. Get a good dealership to take over.
Old 09-26-2008 | 07:30 PM
On The Tree

Well I'm glad that such a shaddy dealership is out of commission but now comes the other things to think about. What happens with all of their employees and where are they going to go now? I have been looking for a job to be in service and parts at several other large dealerships and can not find anything available. Granted i'm only 21, it's still something I want to be in as far as parts and sales but I can see the economy being one of the bigger causes of this, besides the shitty service and sales experience people got from Mr. Big Volume lol...
Old 10-01-2008 | 03:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by malekmb
yeah man i heard they said courtesy Ford in Sanford on the radio i was like no way. But i am sure the Bill Heard is still knee deep in cash money.
Well Bill Heard is dead, his son owns the company now.
He is between 500 million to 1 billion dollars in debt because of all this.. not including the lawsuits against his company.
Old 10-01-2008 | 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by performabuilt2
I actually do have a lot more than that invested in my way of life. But that wasn't my point. I don't think mechanics are making too much. I think the dealers are charging too much. What's wrong with charging $75 for a time unit that is a real hour's worth of work, and splitting it between the mechanic and the dealer? Like you said, you only get 1/4 of it. I think the mechanic doing the work with his own tools should at least get 1/2. Or more.