Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Why is this not making more than 6psi

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Why is this not making more than 6psi

my p1sc running through a 4 inch intercooler is having a hard time getting to 6psi. I switched from a 3.4 pulley to a 3.2 it seems to get to my boost level faster but then seems to stop. I thought maybe belt slip so i put a 35.5 inch belt on and its very tight. I had a tough time getting that belt on. I'm wondering if maybe the bosch style bypass valve is blowing off all my pressure. When I let off the gas I can hear it but under boost my car is to loud and I have no idea if its blowing off. Anyone got any ideas why its not making bigger boost. I do live at a high altitude so I realize that will affect it a bit and pressure drop through the intercooler will. But I thought this pulley would make almost 10psi.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Restricted User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah its mostlikley the BOV , how to you have it hooked up???

Make sure you have it hooked up to your break booster vac source, if you have it hooked to the port on the back of your intake , there is a check valve that will restrect vac to the BOV and not close it all the way , this will bleed a lot of your boost off, and you wont get much boost . It happened to me, and i was only seeing like 3 psi with a 9 psi pully.

Also Procharger makes a break booster manifold T that goes in line of your break booster vacume line and this is a great source of vacume for your Boost gauge BOV etc,
call them and order one of these, the Corvetts kits come with them
hope this helps you
Old 10-26-2008, 11:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Lawnboy
yeah its mostlikley the BOV , how to you have it hooked up???

Make sure you have it hooked up to your break booster vac source, if you have it hooked to the port on the back of your intake , there is a check valve that will restrect vac to the BOV and not close it all the way , this will bleed a lot of your boost off, and you wont get much boost . It happened to me, and i was only seeing like 3 psi with a 9 psi pully.

Also Procharger makes a break booster manifold T that goes in line of your break booster vacume line and this is a great source of vacume for your Boost gauge BOV etc,
call them and order one of these, the Corvetts kits come with them
hope this helps you
I teed the vacuum line that goes into the brake booster. It was my understanding that line hooked to the back of the intake manifold though. Some pics might help on this one if you have any.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:04 AM
Restricted User

there is a smaller vacume line , thats the one with the check valve in it, the break booster line is much bigger. This is what you want to tap into.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:43 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

We go to the vacuum line on the passenger side of the firewall for the a.c., and T in there. This gives us less chirping from the bypass valve. Bob
Old 10-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Restricted User

less chirping from the bypass valve??? What do u mean Bob?
My BOV is realy loud, i would love to quite it down
Old 10-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Launching!

well I got a new bov today. Even if it does nothing else it sounds way cooler.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:18 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Lawnboy
less chirping from the bypass valve??? What do u mean Bob?
My BOV is realy loud, i would love to quite it down
If you bypass valve sounds like an angry bird at part throttle then relocating the vacuum source will help you out. Bob

Quick Reply: Why is this not making more than 6psi