Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Saying goodbye to an old friend

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 06:30 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've learned over the years that ugly cars, not beat up crappy ugly but naturally ugly cars, are remembered by everyone. At least its not a 4 door I used to have one just like it when I was a kid, except it was an ugly dark green so there is some nostalgia there for me.

Its just something to heads up race on a somewhat budget, I bought the car + a lot of spares for less than the cost of nice LSx short block. Its running and I can fire it up and go run 8.80s/5.60s on an easy tune up tomorrow with it - and its not a fox body
Old 11-01-2008, 06:57 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kp

A local dealer has a black R/T challenger he is willing to deal on - badass looking car and procharger makes a kit for them already
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1528

Yes they do! Give me a call! Bob
Old 11-01-2008, 07:17 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Even a black one in the pic lol, looks pretty nice under the hood..
Old 11-01-2008, 08:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice man!! ill be glad to check this one out
Old 11-02-2008, 12:19 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by kp
Even a black one in the pic lol, looks pretty nice under the hood..

I LOVE that car in black! I'm trying not to look at one too close, I don't want one to end up in my garage. lol

Keep us posted!

Btw, I think the Nova is cool.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
I LOVE that car in black! I'm trying not to look at one too close, I don't want one to end up in my garage. lol

Keep us posted!

Btw, I think the Nova is cool.
It's only cool because it can run in the mid 8's
Old 11-02-2008, 07:13 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
It's only cool because it can run in the mid 8's
Like I said they have a certain ugly charm about them, it was getting when I went to a bigger race there were a lot of 4th gen trans ams.

True story at the LSX shootout last year I had to take a leak in the staging lanes and there was a lttle rocket john at the head of the lanes. I run there, get done and they were pulling cars out the lanes so I hopped in a T/A and there was no key in the ignition and I was like wtf.. Then I realized it wasnt my car lol, wont happen with that nova I bet
Old 11-02-2008, 08:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^That made me lol. That for sure won't happen in the nova. Out of all the times I've been to the track, I don't believe I've seen more than two of the nova's of your body style. One of my old neighbors had one though. I think its a combination of the fenders and the rear window that make it ugly. The rear and front don't look all that bad, it's when you see the whole picture. I have to say I like it better than the later nova's. Those boxes make me wanna
Old 11-02-2008, 08:36 AM
10 Second Club

hell Kp i guess that you and i are the only ones that think them novas are cool?
Old 11-02-2008, 10:17 AM
TECH Addict

I like the Nova's too, just the 69 era haha
Old 11-02-2008, 11:18 AM
10 Second Club

I say go with the Charger KP. Maybe do a cheap build on the 73 Nova. Personally I hate the front end of 73's and especially dislike the 4 doors lol.

A black charger with a procharger would be hot! like a mid 9 sec street car would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Old 11-03-2008, 04:05 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Rickys S/C Z28
hell Kp i guess that you and i are the only ones that think them novas are cool?
Ricky, do you remember seeing Brent's Nova at our shop? Brent has had that car since he was in his teens. Bob
Old 11-03-2008, 08:25 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
^^^That made me lol. That for sure won't happen in the nova. Out of all the times I've been to the track, I don't believe I've seen more than two of the nova's of your body style. One of my old neighbors had one though. I think its a combination of the fenders and the rear window that make it ugly. The rear and front don't look all that bad, it's when you see the whole picture. I have to say I like it better than the later nova's. Those boxes make me wanna
The fenders are the same actually, there is just an extension that bolts to front that is painted and along with the egg crate grille it looks weird. The back doesnt look bad, like you said its the total picture thats ugly

Main thing is the car has avery nice 8.50 cage in it, came with a ton of spare parts and it is very solid. Except for some bubbles starting in the doors (bad paint prep when it was repainted 8 years ago I would guess) there is no rust anywhere and thats not bad for a 36 year old car.

I also bought this to get my son involved, the paint on the T/A, the interior on the T/A and everything was almost show car perfect so I never let my kids close to the car. I'm going to let them get a little more involved with this one. They never liked the trans am because it was quiet and looked very plain, this one is loud as hell and looks like a race car so they love it lol.

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
I say go with the Charger KP. Maybe do a cheap build on the 73 Nova. Personally I hate the front end of 73's and especially dislike the 4 doors lol.

A black charger with a procharger would be hot! like a mid 9 sec street car would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
I'd like to, but the 50K-60K+ that would cost would most likely be better spent on a new Z06
Old 11-03-2008, 09:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kp
The fenders are the same actually, there is just an extension that bolts to front that is painted and along with the egg crate grille it looks weird. The back doesnt look bad, like you said its the total picture thats ugly

Main thing is the car has avery nice 8.50 cage in it, came with a ton of spare parts and it is very solid. Except for some bubbles starting in the doors (bad paint prep when it was repainted 8 years ago I would guess) there is no rust anywhere and thats not bad for a 36 year old car.

I also bought this to get my son involved, the paint on the T/A, the interior on the T/A and everything was almost show car perfect so I never let my kids close to the car. I'm going to let them get a little more involved with this one. They never liked the trans am because it was quiet and looked very plain, this one is loud as hell and looks like a race car so they love it lol.

I'd like to, but the 50K-60K+ that would cost would most likely be better spent on a new Z06
Well if you dont need the room I say C6 hands down. If you want to have room and 4 doors then I say Challenger or maybe a G8 GT?
Old 11-03-2008, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sux to hear man!

There is a Nova here in NC like your body style that used to run Real Street. 632 and a single plate running 5.30s or better on a 26" tire!
Old 11-03-2008, 06:15 PM
SSU Moderator

You'll find something else. I remember when you had the red camaro...like Tech-LS1.com days.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Banned

Nova's are cool. I have a 71 Nova sitting in the shop. Got all kinds of plans for it. May start driving it everyday too.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:35 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Well if you dont need the room I say C6 hands down. If you want to have room and 4 doors then I say Challenger or maybe a G8 GT?
I have plenty of 4 doors, just looking into a new camaro, challenger or another mustang maybe. I had an 06 mustang GT vert and I really liked it but man those things are slow, my stock TBSS runs nearly 1/2 a second faster in the 1/8 lol.

Originally Posted by blackz93
Sux to hear man!

There is a Nova here in NC like your body style that used to run Real Street. 632 and a single plate running 5.30s or better on a 26" tire!
Yea, there is a couple 'big bumper' novas around here that run well as well.

Originally Posted by RyanJ
You'll find something else. I remember when you had the red camaro...like Tech-LS1.com days.
Yea, that was a while ago, 8 years or so, time flies..

Originally Posted by Josh @ KYTP
Nova's are cool. I have a 71 Nova sitting in the shop. Got all kinds of plans for it. May start driving it everyday too.
Not a big Nova fan myself, but I couldnt beat the price on this thing. Needs a little detailing and fine tuning, plus I'll probably ring and bearing it before I run it..
Old 11-04-2008, 04:28 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Ricky, do you remember seeing Brent's Nova at our shop? Brent has had that car since he was in his teens. Bob
i forgot about that one!!
Old 11-04-2008, 09:00 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Congrats on the purchase, we need more pics! I had a '68 Nova SS back in 1990, it it was a rusted out former race car that I daily drove until the city towed when I let it sit too long over on Kenmore.

Quick Reply: Saying goodbye to an old friend