Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Major #1 Qualifier @ Orlando World Street Nationals.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ninetres
What is their reasoning?
oh hell...as a note I am just stating how this went, and that I will not post my opinion. Paul and his crew are good people, but this is kind of a big controversy.

Vettes come with IRS. Major has a solid axle with an arm. Drag Radial Class rules state you must retain stock-style suspension, which has always been interpreted as STOCK STYLE FOR THE MODEL/YEAR car you are racing. I.e. late model Fbodies use torque arms, mustangs use 3 or 4 link depending on year, and vettes use IRS.

I interviewed Major about it when I was out there and his response was "It IS a stock style suspension. I know it's not stock for a vette but it is stock on other cars."

Also, someone protested his car, accusing him of a hidden nitrous system because he was running consistent 202's and all of a sudden ran 207, 208, then back to 202's. Many people(and not "joes" or spectators at that) have analyzed his time slip from the 208mph pass, have said that the numbers don't match up, that there is no way his car backhalfed that fast and that he must have something up his sleeve.

He was not allowed to race the previous weekend at the Radial Tire Championship in Bradenton because of the way the rules were interpreted upon teching his car in. It's a rather large controversy. If you can run suspension types from other cars rather than keeping the stock style for the year/model of your car, then it pretty much kills the class.

Last edited by allmotor; 11-05-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After seeing what happened in Memphis,this is wonderful news.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Launching!

All I have to say is congrats on going 208....
Old 11-05-2008, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by allmotor
oh hell...as a note I am just stating how this went, and that I will not post my opinion. Paul and his crew are good people, but this is kind of a big controversy.

Vettes come with IRS. Major has a solid axle with an arm. Drag Radial Class rules state you must retain stock-style suspension, which has always been interpreted as STOCK STYLE FOR THE MODEL/YEAR car you are racing. I.e. late model Fbodies use torque arms, mustangs use 3 or 4 link depending on year, and vettes use IRS.

I interviewed Major about it when I was out there and his response was "It IS a stock style suspension. I know it's not stock for a vette but it is stock on other cars."

Also, someone protested his car, accusing him of a hidden nitrous system because he was running consistent 202's and all of a sudden ran 207, 208, then back to 202's. Many people(and not "joes" or spectators at that) have analyzed his time slip from the 208mph pass, have said that the numbers don't match up, that there is no way his car backhalfed that fast and that he must have something up his sleeve.

He was not allowed to race the previous weekend at the Radial Tire Championship in Bradenton because of the way the rules were interpreted upon teching his car in. It's a rather large controversy. If you can run suspension types from other cars rather than keeping the stock style for the year/model of your car, then it pretty much kills the class.
you pretty much sum'd it up
Old 11-05-2008, 04:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zombie
Send them the Whaaaaambulance.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

I think putting an F-body suspension on a Corvette is stretching it a bit, but Major has been allowed to run at Orlando before. I don't see why all the whining after the race. If somebody didn't like it, they should have protested before the race. They all knew what suspension he was running. He doesn't 60' any better than anybody else, so he doesn't really have an advantage. I just think it opens up a can of worms. If my car was done, and he beat me, I wouldn't cry about it, I would just try harder. He isn't cheating, he is just pushing the rules (like everybody else in the class is).
Old 11-06-2008, 09:49 AM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by allmotor
That's my picture I was there with a buddy, we were covering the event for Street Legal TV

Here is another, this is at the top end after his 208mph pass. check out the nose!

**** the nose-check out the pass side window!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He can't run vette suspension because irs isn't allowed in anything faster than 10.0 because of lack of axle retention device. Also, He said over on YB that the mph is off due to the clocks, as his back half et (from 1/8 to 1/4) was the same as the rest of the passes.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:24 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by slow67
He can't run vette suspension because irs isn't allowed in anything faster than 10.0 because of lack of axle retention device.
Sooooooooooo wtf are these guys bitching about?
Old 11-06-2008, 10:54 AM
9 Second Club

The most important point was what was ALREADY said....

HE IS NOT 60 FOOTING ANY FASTER THAN ANYONE ELSE IN THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His suspension is not giving him any advantage. The n2o cars and the procharger cars are going just as fast in the 60'...... He is just making way more power than others in a much more slippery aerodynamic package.... that VETTE plain and simple cuts the air better than box novas and chevelles/mustangs.....

The whole thing is all over yellowbullet.com but the argument is hilarious.... Major stretched the rules yes, but it DOES NOT SAY STOCK THAT CAME WITH THE VEHICLE. It just says stock style.... if they change the rules in outlaw drag radial and it says stock that came with the vehicle he's fucked..... they haven't and he pwns everyone.... too bad. suck it up....
Old 11-06-2008, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hope he wins.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:15 PM
9 Second Club

I hope he wins
Win what? He already mopped up in Orlando.... he's home right now counting his money...

What I can't understand is wasn't it only 3,000 dollars to win??? With a car like Major's coming from New York to Orlando to race, all the race gas, food, gas money down there to trailer you and all your crew how are you supposed to make ANY money with a 3K dollar payout????? I'm all for events like this and Major gave all his money to a guy who died's daughter for college or sumthing but still isn't orlando the biggest Outlaw shootout in the country???? 3K to WIN!?!?!?!?!?

We had a grudge race with 8 of the quickest cars in Northern California.... 2000 to the winner and 400 to the runner up.... THAT'S WITH 8 CARS and just a few guys getting together for some BBQ, fun, and grudge racing.... can't some sponsors kick down some serious cash to win an event like that????? I mean what is Paul and all those other guys risking their lives for going 200+ on a radial if you ain't gonna get paid?????

Just doesn't make any sense to me that big name sponsors can't come out and offer big paydays to bring out the cars. Pinks All Out can offer 10G's to win, yet million dollar companies like edelbrock, Comp, and others can't sponsor the deal and come out of pocket about 5G's a piece... Vic Edelbrock probably ***** in a 5000 dollar toilet..... LOL
Old 11-06-2008, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
Win what? He already mopped up in Orlando.... he's home right now counting his money...

What I can't understand is wasn't it only 3,000 dollars to win??? With a car like Major's coming from New York to Orlando to race, all the race gas, food, gas money down there to trailer you and all your crew how are you supposed to make ANY money with a 3K dollar payout????? I'm all for events like this and Major gave all his money to a guy who died's daughter for college or sumthing but still isn't orlando the biggest Outlaw shootout in the country???? 3K to WIN!?!?!?!?!?

We had a grudge race with 8 of the quickest cars in Northern California.... 2000 to the winner and 400 to the runner up.... THAT'S WITH 8 CARS and just a few guys getting together for some BBQ, fun, and grudge racing.... can't some sponsors kick down some serious cash to win an event like that????? I mean what is Paul and all those other guys risking their lives for going 200+ on a radial if you ain't gonna get paid?????

Just doesn't make any sense to me that big name sponsors can't come out and offer big paydays to bring out the cars. Pinks All Out can offer 10G's to win, yet million dollar companies like edelbrock, Comp, and others can't sponsor the deal and come out of pocket about 5G's a piece... Vic Edelbrock probably ***** in a 5000 dollar toilet..... LOL
I did not know he had won.OK
Old 11-07-2008, 06:56 AM
On The Tree

OUTLAWZ, I hope i don't sound like some of the whiners on YB. I'm happy he won Orlando. I think he saw a "loophole" in the rules, and took advantage of it. We are all assuming that he thinks a Vette with a torque arm is some advantage, maybe he just likes Vettes. I think he was not allowed to run the Bradenton race (I think I read that on YB, but I might be wrong). It is up to each promoter/tech to interpret the rules. He runs the risk of not being able to run some races. When its all said and done, he is the baddest man on radials.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:22 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by NINET3Z
OUTLAWZ, I hope i don't sound like some of the whiners on YB. I'm happy he won Orlando. I think he saw a "loophole" in the rules, and took advantage of it. We are all assuming that he thinks a Vette with a torque arm is some advantage, maybe he just likes Vettes. I think he was not allowed to run the Bradenton race (I think I read that on YB, but I might be wrong). It is up to each promoter/tech to interpret the rules. He runs the risk of not being able to run some races. When its all said and done, he is the baddest man on radials.
actually hes the 3rd baddest man on radials
Old 11-07-2008, 08:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
actually hes the 3rd baddest man on radials
Yeah, your right. My apologies to Hinzman and Wolfe. (am I right?)
Old 11-07-2008, 08:02 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ninetres
Sooooooooooo wtf are these guys bitching about?
I think he kicked up too much hot rubber on their vaginas while stagging...
Old 11-07-2008, 05:55 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by NINET3Z
Yeah, your right. My apologies to Hinzman and Wolfe. (am I right?)
ya. but he is the fastest lsx and was the winner last week so hes got some bragging rights
Old 11-08-2008, 06:42 AM
7 Second/200 MPH Club

For the record we are the fastest Radial car ever. We hope to be the quickest after Vegas. The 208 is questionable but the 205 is the real deal. We feel that the way the cars nose was beeing pushed down it may have tripped the clocks.

As for the suspension it's legal at 90 percent of the races.
We had a clean sweep in Orlando Low ET, #1 Qualifier and Winner taking home a total $5000 for Jena Banaby.

Thanks for the support
Old 11-08-2008, 07:28 AM
11 Second Club

Great work from Paul and his crew Congrats you guys deserve it.

Quick Reply: Major #1 Qualifier @ Orlando World Street Nationals.